• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Hax Additions

This is small stuff. This is my first time making a thread on this new forums thing so sorry for bad formatting.

Doomguy additions time.

There are some hax that should be added.
And then some hax that need notes.
  • Resistance to Poison Manipulation: The Medikit uses antitoxins to make him feel better. That'd only be necessary though if he had toxins used on him beforehand, though, meaning he can run around poisoned and just feel unhealthy.
  • Invisibility: It should be noted that his Invisibility makes him partially transparent to demons. That sounds bad, but they can see Lost Souls like he can. They should also be able to see the verbatim mentioned evil spirits.
Also I'm gonna let you guys reflect on what to do with this;
That's about it. Again, these are the small additions, so expect a little more in the future. Kinda disappointed that after all these years none of you bothered to add this stuff. Shame...

Last edited:
Resistance to Trauma: He can shoot old allies of his with no issue.
Is resistance to trauma a thing? Idk
Matter Manipulation: The Stimpack administers booster enzymes on him.
This feels more like Limited Bio Manip.
I think that's just what they made plasma look like, the Doom comic's art isn't exactly consistent... or good
Immortality Negation: He can kill zombies. Don't know what this would link to on this wiki.
Type 2 can be overridden with enough damage. No real power here.
Light Manipulation: With the Light Amplification Visors. Also via the Unmaker since it fires lasers, which are light.
Fine with the Unmaker I think but the LAV should just be enhanced senses, it doesn't actually make more light.
I'm pretty sure that's just what the Demon Keys do, even if not it'd be Limited at best.
Resistance to Magma Manipulation: The Radiation Suit and Radiation Protection both make him immune to Hell's lava.
It's worth mentioning it's not a 100% immunity, the lava floors can hurt you in DOOM 1/2, though that might be a bug.
Resistance to Poison Manipulation: The Medikit uses antitoxins to make him feel better. That'd only be necessary though if he had toxins used on him beforehand, though, meaning he can run around poisoned and just feel unhealthy.
I mean, not all poison is immediately deadly, or deadly at all. Assuming the poison would normally be lethal but isn't to him is a bit of a stretch when it could just be relatively weak poison.

We also don't treat Lost Souls as intangible or invisible, which kind of ruins a lot of your other arguments.

I don't actually know if we treat the DOOM comic as canon.

theres a one CRT per verse thing going rn (I think it’s still on?)
I'd like a mod's comment on that. This is small too, and the main CRT is ending soon.

"Is resistance to trauma a thing? Idk"
Just put it under Mind Manip

"This feels more like Limited Bio Manip."
That's what I was thinking

"I think that's just what they made plasma look like, the Doom comic's art isn't exactly consistent... or good"
It outright says boom when launched out akin to a flamethrower

"Type 2 can be overridden with enough damage. No real power here."
If you just used power on a zombie they would be torn up but still able to move and such. They're the moving dead, it wouldn't bother them. The fact that they stay down after he puts a few bullets in their body says something.

"but the LAV should just be enhanced senses, it doesn't actually make more light."
Sure

"I'm pretty sure that's just what the Demon Keys do, even if not it'd be Limited at best."
Yeah, it's what they do. They manipulate technology and enhance it's properties. That would still be Technological Manip, not "just what it does." Limited is fine

"It's worth mentioning it's not a 100% immunity, the lava floors can hurt you in DOOM 1/2, though that might be a bug."
That's a bug considering the entire point of the Radiation items is to prevent harmful floors from harming you

"it could just be relatively weak poison."
The only poison in context here is radioactive waste from a highly advanced space base capable of engineering interdimensional portals. It's not weak.

"We also don't treat Lost Souls as intangible or invisible, which kind of ruins a lot of your other arguments."
The profile says he can "attack Non-Corporeal lifeforms)" so that doesn't sound right. Regardless there's still the Spiritual Armor and Evil Spirits so you totally ignored that.

We should still talk about him having Argent Energy and Wraith Energy. The notes of his hax should be added as well.

"I don't actually know if we treat the DOOM comic as canon."
The quote on his profile is from the Doom comic, and "Radiation Manipulation (Withstood radioactive toxic waste)" is directly from the comic as well.

It outright says boom when launched out akin to a flamethrower
"Boom" is a pretty versatile sound. It could just be there to signify a blasting noise. In fact I wouldn't really associate it with a flamthrower, that makes me think more of "Fwoosh"
If you just used power on a zombie they would be torn up but still able to move and such. They're the moving dead, it wouldn't bother them. The fact that they stay down after he puts a few bullets in their body says something.
I think that might just mean their type 2 isn't that amazing. In fact, I'm saying type 2 but they don't actually have a profile, so they might not even have that. Keep in mind demon infighting is a thing in Doom, and sure enough any demon can kill zombies permanently.
Yeah, it's what they do. They manipulate technology and enhance it's properties. That would still be Technological Manip, not "just what it does." Limited is fine
I think the implication is that they specifically enhance that one gun, and only that. It's like saying a silencer is technological manipulation because it gives a new ability to a gun if you put it on its barrel.
That's a bug considering the entire point of the Radiation items is to prevent harmful floors from harming you
Yeah I agree
The only poison in context here is radioactive waste from a highly advanced space base capable of engineering interdimensional portals. It's not weak.
That's not poison at all though, it's radioactive, not poisonous.
Regardless there's still the Spiritual Armor and Evil Spirits so you totally ignored that.
Fair enough, I mostly meant the Invisibility part
We should still talk about him having Argent Energy and Wraith Energy. The notes of his hax should be added as well.
I don't have any opinions on that.
The quote on his profile is from the Doom comic, and "Radiation Manipulation (Withstood radioactive toxic waste)" is directly from the comic as well.
Fair enough to that too.

Oh I forgot to mention, I disagree with Mind Manip Resistance. That just, doesn't work like that, otherwise every sadistic villain in media would have it.

Last edited:
"Boom" is a pretty versatile sound. It could just be there to signify a blasting noise. In fact I wouldn't really associate it with a flamthrower, that makes me think more of "Fwoosh"
The Plasma Rifle in the main Doom games doesn't make a sound remotely like boom though. You're reaching to say a "boom" blast shown to be a single stream of fire isn't fire. It doesn't act like plasma whatsoever.

"I think that might just mean their type 2 isn't that amazing. In fact, I'm saying type 2 but they don't actually have a profile, so they might not even have that. Keep in mind demon infighting is a thing in Doom, and sure enough any demon can kill zombies permanently."
The default assumption is that they act like a zombie and they can move after being ****** up via them being a zombie. That doesn't suddenly change because Doomguy can kill them, that's a baseless assumption. The enemies are literally called Zombiemen, you're going beyond reasonable doubt. Yes, demons can kill zombies permanently, so they should also gain this ability. But that's for another thread.

"I think the implication is that they specifically enhance that one gun, and only that. It's like saying a silencer is technological manipulation because it gives a new ability to a gun if you put it on its barrel."
There's a difference. The silencer gives a new ability to guns because of its shape. The Demon Keys can upgrade super technology and change its properties. Even if that is the only use of Demon Keys, that's still textbook Technological Manipulation, not to mention it's other-wordly so it can likely do this via supernatural means.

"That's not poison at all though, it's radioactive, not poisonous."
It's radiation poisoning. Even if that wasn't what this would be referring to literally what other thing is there in classic Doom that can poison you

Regardless it looks like you cede to soul manipulation and extrasensory perception being added, along with the note to invisibility. It also looks like you're cool with the Doom comic stuff. I'll contact some knowledgeable Doom people

"Oh I forgot to mention, I disagree with Mind Manip Resistance. That just, doesn't work like that, otherwise every sadistic villain in media would have it."
That does work like that. You mean to tell me it isn't traumatic to gun down your war buddies? It's not directly a resistance to mind manip, it's just tough mental facilities that could link to the mind manip page since we don't have anything for trauma. Supernatural willpower would work too.

Speaking of which why the hell does he not have supernatural willpower? That should go with his Rage Power, adding that to the OP

I agree with with most of truth bullets points except the weird trauma resistance.That could just be a talking point for Doomguy’s ruthless personality.

Last edited:
"Disagree fully on Immortality Negation, unless you want to grant it to every character that kills zombies in media."
That's not an argument against it and you're exaggerating to make the addition sound bad. Immortality itself is a supernatural thing, negating that supernatural aspect is an ability that he needs to have. Idk about every character but yeah a majority of the characters that kill zombies should get this

"Also I disagree with the negation,killing zombies isn’t special lol"
It is

"That could just be a talking point for Doomguy’s ruthless personality."
So it would be an ability that's part of his personality but not an ability listed on the profile? That's ridiculous.

More characters should get this immo negation and trauma resistance. It being a common thing doesn't mean it should be disregarded otherwise Superhuman Physical Characteristics would be disregarded. It sounding odd to you doesn't matter and your disagreement doesn't either, it's whether the argument is valid or not.

That's not an argument against it and you're exaggerating to make the addition sound bad. Immortality itself is a supernatural thing, negating that supernatural aspect is an ability that he needs to have. Idk about every character but yeah a majority of the characters that kill zombies should get this
Zombies are something not within the norm yes, but that doesn't equate to needing negation in order to murder them, there are specific rules that verses like to adhere to with the undead that make such an ability completely unnecessary. (Destroying the brain, burning them alive, etc.)

These things are well within our human capacity, and if Doom makes no commentary on needing some special negation in order to kill the undead then we have no reason to assume that he does, especially given my previous point.

So it would be an ability that's part of his personality but not an ability listed on the profile? That's ridiculous.

More characters should get this immo negation and trauma resistance. It being a common thing doesn't mean it should be disregarded otherwise Superhuman Physical Characteristics would be disregarded. It sounding odd to you doesn't matter and your disagreement doesn't either, it's whether the argument is valid or not.
Personality traits do not grant resistances the way you think they do.

The comparison to SPC doesn't work because anything drastically above human capacity would be granted it, whereas murdering the undead in most cases in media can be done by something within our own capability as real human beings.

Last edited:
I'd also like to bring up that DOOM's engine does not allow sprites like corpses to move, so we don't even know 100% if they're destroyed completely.

And yeah I don't think the personality is worth anything.

"Zombies are something not within the norm yes, but that doesn't equate to needing negation in order to murder them, there are specific rules that verses like to adhere to with the undead that make such an ability completely unnecessary. (Destroying the brain, burning them alive, etc.)"
Sure but this is none of those situations. Unless you can prove there's some way that Doomguy is mitigating immortality to kill the Zombiemen, he's putting them down via negation.

"These things are well within our human capacity, and if Doom makes no commentary on needing some special negation in order to kill the undead then we have no reason to assume that he does, especially given my previous point."
You're setting a standard that Doom has to reach that's unnecessary. The assumption wouldn't be "he needs a statement of negation", it would be "he needs a statement of not needing negation" by default since we're dealing with something supernatural.

"Personality traits do not grant resistances the way you think they do."
Why wouldn't it? We're talking about an ability. Him resisting trauma is an ability. That being a personality trait wouldn't mitigate his ability.

"The comparison to SPC doesn't work because anything drastically above human capacity would be granted it, whereas murdering the undead in most cases in media can be done by something within our own capability as real human beings."
It isn't drastically above human capacity, SPC is the most common ability throughout media. It's given to characters that their creators didn't even assume should have that level of strength. Even if in most medias they specifically state "you have to kill zombies by stabbing the head" or something similar that isn't the case here.

"I'd also like to bring up that DOOM's engine does not allow sprites like corpses to move, so we don't even know 100% if they're destroyed completely."
So you're saying that the zombies are possibly still alive because the sprite engine doesn't let them move? It's programmed so that Doomguy kills them, not that he knocks them down and that they stay active and you just wouldn't know since they don't move.

Sure but this is none of those situations. Unless you can prove there's some way that Doomguy is mitigating immortality to kill the Zombiemen, he's putting them down via negation.
Mate, he's just shooting them until they can't move, literally everyone in fiction can do that. Overpowering Type 2 with enough damage is just not a power, almost never.
Why wouldn't it? We're talking about an ability. Him resisting trauma is an ability. That being a personality trait wouldn't mitigate his ability.
Unless a character specifically attacks by giving people PTSD, and the extent of that is not impossible to power through by humans, that "ability" is worthless, and once again something 70% of the villains on this site would have. If you think it's noteworthy, make a CRT.
So you're saying that the zombies are possibly still alive because the sprite engine doesn't let them move? It's programmed so that Doomguy kills them, not that he knocks them down and that they stay active and you just wouldn't know since they don't move.
I'm saying that your argument that they'd still be twitching and trying to move is literally moot because the engine doesn't allow that.

"Mate, he's just shooting them until they can't move,"
All he does is blow holes in their body. They'd still be capable of moving.

"literally everyone in fiction can do that."
Literally everyone in fiction has SPC.

"Overpowering Type 2 with enough damage is just not a power, almost never."
It's not via damage, because they'd still be capable of moving. You're presuppoing it's via damage when it's not. Again, unless there's a statement of "you need to do these specific things to kill zombies" it's assumed he's using immo negation.

"Unless a character specifically attacks by giving people PTSD,"
You're setting another unnecessary standard. Please prove why you would specifically need that.

"that "ability" is worthless, "
There's many worthless abilities, but they should be noted as they're still abilities. There's like 3 characters with good Vehicular Mastery for matches but in most cases it's worthless; same thing with resistance to trauma.

"and once again something 70% of the villains on this site would have."
A lot of people have an ability so it shouldn't be counted? Well bye SPC

"If you think it's noteworthy, make a CRT."
That's unnecessary because it was never a rule that these requirements be filled out for immo negation, you're all just agreeing to this on the spot. I don't need a signed and autographed slip to say killing zombies means you can kill undead things.

"I'm saying that your argument that they'd still be twitching and trying to move is literally moot because the engine doesn't allow that."
That's irrelevant because they were never programmed to twitch and move after, they were programmed to be killed. The intent is that he kills the undead. If the intent were for him not to kill them they would still move. On top of that you're arguing that they can't move just because they've been damaged, so you're making movement arguments as well.

Dude I just don't think this is how we handle stuff, say, Resident Evil characters can shoot down zombies with body blows, and they'll stop moving completely, yet they don't have that ability.

And no, I'm obviously not saying an ability being common means it should be gone, I'm saying that if it was an ability at all, you would see it everywhere, and yet it is never noted, because it isn't noteworthy.

Last edited:
Not how that works, you are simply misunderstanding the immortalities.

You're setting a standard that Doom has to reach that's unnecessary. The assumption wouldn't be "he needs a statement of negation", it would be "he needs a statement of not needing negation" by default since we're dealing with something supernatural.
I haven't set any standard, you are the one claiming that it's negation based off nothing when the majority of fiction disagrees with you, and if you cannot find a statement suggesting negation is needed we can assert based off common tropes adhered to the undead that it isn't.

Not an ability, a personality trait.

It isn't drastically above human capacity, SPC is the most common ability throughout media. It's given to characters that their creators didn't even assume should have that level of strength. Even if in most medias they specifically state "you have to kill zombies by stabbing the head" or something similar that isn't the case here.
Because they demonstrated something beyond human capacity, simple.

Killing zombies in media has always been portrayed as something within human capacity and thus we don't need an ability for it, you should be having an epiphany here.

I would drop this, because nobody is going to accept it.

Last edited:
Agree with armor's evaculations.

He isn't getting resistance to mind manipulstion because of that, people murder others close to him, even family, in life, all because of being ruthless (or psychopaths), being ruthless doesn't make you stronger against having your mind or emotions messed with, that's not a ability, that's a feat, and they are not always the same thing because, for example, moving fast is not "resistance to statistics reduction".

Most zombies in media are killable normally, they just tend to be harder to kill, not impossible without negation, and small inconsistencies can happen.

Killing people with type 2 and 7 just makes you superior to them, they are about as hard to kill as people with high-low regen in some cases.

Doomguy’s soul manip should be way higher since he can resists hell’s passive soul manip which can absorb the entire population of universes.

I think that was stated and possibly tackled in the other thread.

It was the only one person who objected and he said that since there wasn’t any statements of Hell focusing down the attack onto doomguy that it shouldn’t scale. It turns out that is not how we do things and that it needs to be stated that the person is sacrificing potency for AOE/range not the other way around.

It doesn't make much sense to me but I don't really care if it passes. Still against it tho

There is an other CRT. The upcoming second DLC for Doom Eternal will probably explore Doom Guy's backstory and give him more abilities.

Trauma is not a power listed in the wiki, and non-superhuman mental states are not listed as powers. Maybe a brief mention in Intelligence or Stamina.

Some 'materialized' soul creatures in fiction are portrayed to be killable with normal guns and weapons, and this would not imply a special ability. So the evil spirits should be intangible/invisible or such. Same with Extrasensory Perception. Limited Soul Manipulation with Spiritual Armor is fine.

Unless the booster enzymes does something other than healing, I don't think they qualify as Limited Biological Manipulation either.

For the Enhanced Senses, it is portrayed that Doom Guy used the shotgun's muzzle flash to figure out the location of demons. It is possible that he didn't know whether there were demons in the room and was just suspicious, so it would be a stretch to consider this Enhanced Senses. Also, the comics have questionable canonicity after the reboot, and the enhanced senses interpretation contradicts the need for light amplification visors.

He shattered 'the teleport haze' (not 'maze'!) with his scream, in other words he was disorientated after teleporting and then got in a better mental state after screaming. So no destructive Sound Manipulation here.

Doomguy already has Plasma Manipulation, so Heat Manipulation would be redundant since plasma usually amounts to superheated gas.

Light amplification visor is Enhanced Vision. In fiction 'lasers' are often a type of energy projectiles that do not fit the wiki's standard for realistic light/laser, so don't support Light Manipulation.

Technological Manipulation is for controlling, creating, or high-level casual hacking of machines. The demon keys look like things that are meant to be attached to the Unmaker, so this doesn't require any special skills. However, in Doom Eternal the Fortress of Doom shows us that the Doom Slayer is a very skilled engineer who tinkers and upgrades his weapons and armor, so this is sufficient for the Technological Preparation ability. I doubt Doomguy originally had this engineering skill though.

Agree with Rage Power & Supernatural Willpower, as it is stated that he is powering through mortal wounds through sheer rage.

'Resistance to: Radiation Manipulation and Heat Manipulation with the Radition Suit' is fine.

If Doomguy fought enemies with deadly poison, resistance to Poison Manipulation would be applicable, otherwise the medkit might have some generic low-level antitoxins that are not more effective than antibiotics.

Last edited:
For the Enhanced Senses, it is portrayed that Doom Guy used the shotgun's muzzle flash to figure out the location of demons. It is possible that he didn't know whether there were demons in the room and was just suspicious, so it would be a stretch to consider this Enhanced Senses. Also, the comics have questionable canonity after the reboot, and the enhanced senses interpretation contradicts the need for light amplification visors.
Tbf,the light amplification visors are more for the player to not be blind in dark sections.Actually represent ES is pretty hard in gameplay,especially in the 90’s.

I agree with enhanced senses

Immortality neg is a no.

Extrasensory Perception is fine, but that's more because of the Spectre's, who are already invisible. The Lost Souls aren't as far as I know.

Everything else is fine.

Back