• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Its also not the same as mind manipulation and existance erasure on a 2-A level, yet he still adapted.

Also, just noticed that DD doesnt has Power Absorption on his profile, even though it was accepted.

Both of those requires to harm the victim. Buu's absorption doesn't harm the victim at all.

@Glass+ I don't know why DD would need to get harmed in to adapt to it, and doesnt the absorption takes time? And how the victims are not hurt?

Lmao, I will call someone knowledge.

yes, and not all adaptation works the same way, you cant claim that it wont work if you dont even know its mechanics, he puts them asleep and puts them inside himeself, absorbing abilities

I'm just basing of what I'm reading from some of DD previus matches.

You guys also claims that DD only adapts from being harmed, which I'd like to know if it true.

he adapts in a way to get past things that are hurting him, the enemy can fly and he cant protect himself? he learns to fly, a sword wants to absorb his soul? he adapts

that, and buu could use dds adaptation to adapt against his adaptation (orhe could simply bfr him into his mind)

Newendigo said:
Is still a feat of his Reactive Evolution.
Also from the page of Darkseid:

• Omega Beams: Darkseid's most destructive use of the Omega Effect . He focuses this power as a form of concussion beams that fire from his eyes. He has complete control over it in that he can change its path or its intended purpose at will: allowing for teleportation, Transmutation, or instant disintegration. He can make it travel in a straight line, curve, bend, or twist around corners. When it hits a target, it quickly reduces the target into nothing. His Omega Beams are proven ineffective against Wonder Woman's bracelets, as they were created from the Olympian Aegis. Darkseid once pierced Anti-Monitor's shell and brought him to his knees during the Darkseid war.
This sounds like a massive outlier.

Doomsday got ****** over by Imperiex, who isn't even going to be Low 2-C anymore. There's no way Doomsday can adapt to ******* 2-A EE.

And besides, like others have said, by the time Doomsday is capable of adapting, he is already going to be absorbed.

Celestial Judge said:
True the absorbtion does take time.
I'm voting DD since he would be able to adapt.
1) He can't do that to absorbtion

2) He woudn't be able to do it in time, because it would be considered K.O. after an hour.

Buu FRA Doomsday has no feats or history of reversing himself back to normal from transmutation and he has no history of coming back from being absorbed

Doomsday becomes a cookie. Buu tries to eat him. DD evolves to tough cookie. Buu finds it difficult to eat and throws it away. 1 hour passes.

On a serious note, there is literally no way DD will evolve after he got transformed to food. Maybe, if Buu reverts him back but definitely not while he's a food item.

Voting Buu via incapacitating DD.

Sorry for the necro, but there are a few important deatils that are being missed and the reasons for Buu winning aren't that good.

1. Doomsday resists the Omega Effect with barely any effect which include existence erasure, transmutation, teleportation and instant disintegration. Take into account the Omega Beams are derived from the entropy from the destructive side of the Source.

It makes absolutely no sense that a random transmutation beam would actually have significant effect.

2. Even if take the massive leap of faith and assume it will affect Doomsday, it's not like that will end the fight, as shown with Vegeto, characters maintain their strenght even in candy form and Doomsday would still be able to fight.

3. Absorbing Doomsady probably won't work. When Superman killed Doomsday and came into contact with his blood, he got infected with the Doomsday virus and actually started becoming Doomsday. It's highly likely that Buu trying to absorb him would turn aginst him and actually transform him into Doomsday.

1 omega beam only does that if darkseid wants it to.

2 no, vegito simply resists

3 a virus would work on a mass of magic and energy just fine I guess

Considering Buu is a magical entity with a wide number of internal defenses that can operate at the cellular level, I'd argue that Buu could probaby fight off the virus. His body mimics organic function, but truth being, Buu could continue to exist as a formless puddle of pink goo, without any semblence of organic life for such a virus to infect. Even then, the Doomsday virus would take more time to take over than is allowed by this battle, resulting in absorption still counting as a win for Buu.

Another thing to consider, is that 9 times out of 10, Darkseid's Omega Beams are intended to simply destroy the target, unless he has a specific use for transmuting something. Darkseid undoubtedly wanted to destroy Doomsday, not turn him into chocolate. Resistance to transmutation is not listed on DD's profile. Bring it up in a CRT, but it'll probably be shot down. As for Vegetto being able to move and do stuff as candy, that was solely because his ki. Doomsday can't fly, nor does he use an equivalent to ki, so how would he be able to move as a piece of candy?

That said, Buu FRA. Smarter and more versatile, absorption, regen, and his physiology.

Darkseid doesn't play around, he'd rather erase you as his primary attack than turn you into something. It gives DD resistance to EE but I don't believe anyone's transmutated him before(thus lacks resistance to it) and even then, transmutation doesn't hurt or kill, so the chances of DD evolving to resist it are low and even lower if he is in food form. DD needs to experience something before he can start resisting but if he gets transmutated, he won't be able to evolve.

Buu's virus resistance has already been explained.

Considering both are getting good hits on each other with Doomsday beating down on Buu with physical strikes and Buu using physical attacks, ki blasts and hax, Buu's regen is quicker while DD's evolution takes time. That time will be considered as DD being incapacitated and hence a loss.

I want to point out that was a low end to Darkseid's character and was explained by his employing a much weaker Avatar than usual as he later established Dominance and even control over Doomsday. Also it's worth notice that Doosmday in that same story was destroyed (in what was supposed to be permanent until Brainiac saved him with time travel) the universal entropy of the Big Crunch. So no, not even then he was meant to tank an universal attack

My vote is for Majin Buu. He is smarter and more tactical, he will see that the only way to beat Majin Buu is through candy beam or absorption. I think Buu might resist the candy beam, but he won't when it comes to absorption

It is a constant in Dragon Ball for enemies to break out of Manipulation through sheer power or force. Vegito was likewise able to fight Majin Buu despite being transformed into candy. I'm not even saying Doomsday resists being turned into candy, he would just be able to fight in that form as well.

Also, you're making the baseless assumption that Buu, won't be affected by the disease. Resistance to Disease Manipulation isn't on his profile, you can bring it up on a CRT but it will probably be shot down.

By the way Doomsday is actually able to fly.

Unless you can definitly prove that Manjin Buu resists the virus, it's not conclusive.

Oloserian said:
It is a constant in Dragon Ball for enemies to break out of Manipulation through sheer power or force. Vegito was likewise able to fight Majin Buu despite being transformed into candy. I'm not even saying Doomsday resists being turned into candy, he would just be able to fight in that form as well.
Also, you're making the baseless assumption that Buu, won't be affected by the disease. Resistance to Disease Manipulation isn't on his profile, you can bring it up on a CRT but it will probably be shot down.

By the way Doomsday is actually able to fly.

Unless you can definitly prove that Manjin Buu resists the virus, it's not conclusive.
1) Doomsday doesn't have flight in his profile. Nor I have ever seen him doing so. You should do a content revision, if you think it's wrong

2) The Doomsday Virus is only in the New 52 incarnation, another incarnation entirely, so he lacks it

3) In that case, Vegito was stated to resist it because of the Magic of the Potara rings, not because of raw power.

I'm going to go Buu.

As pointed out, Buu's absorbtion is more incapacitation than actual harm. Hence, Doomsday adaptation has little to work with as he's not being harmed or killed. That'll easily last an hour and give Buu the win.

Transmutation is another option that Buu would use. Vegito resisting it is nothing but a feat for Vegito. I don't really think it's an argument for anyone else, barring extreme cases. Also, there's still the implication that Vegito could be still be eaten while in that state, he was just so superior to Buu that it didn't matter because Buu would never get the chance.

Finally, the Doomsday Virus. While it's true that it could affect Buu if he absorbs Doomsday, isn't there a case that it might not work? If Buu is taking on Doomsday's abilities via absorbtion, isn't it possible he just adapts to counter it with Doomsday's own reactive evolution?

Basically, I think Buu has every angle covered. He'll quickly realise that he can't do much Doomsday physically and just start pulling out his bit of hax. On the flipside, Doomsday really can't put Buu down.

How does this work? Doomsday is 600 Kilofoe vs Buuhan being superior to 1 kilofoe by a semi-unquantifiable margin.

Buu can be killed without negating his regen you know, just look at Fat Buu, who was almost killed by a power difference way smaller than the one here.

In that same scene, Vegeta also says "So a Buu can hurt another Buu!" Implying another Buu is somehow able to bypass the regen of another Buu

^^^^

Pretty much.

Unless you're another Buu, you really have to destroy all of Buu like with the Spirit Bomb or pul a Vegito and blast him with enough intensity to leave nothing behind.

1) Doomsday could adapt to that

2) Headcanon, there's also a history of characters dying from trauma despite regen, such as Piccolo

Back