• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DOTA revision

Hi, everyone. Today I come trying to explain something that I found very interesting about some of the profiles of the Fundamentals.

We know that the Fundamentals are each force of the universe. Based on that assumption we know that the universe (or at least the one that the War of the Ancients take place) is very similar to ours. Knowing that, wouldn't that make the Fundamentals physical constants of the universe? Now, I know that a lot of things doesn't make much sense (e.g. magic, demons, gods, etc.), but it is also said that the Fundamentals exist before time itself. From what I see, I can assume that the forces that governs their universe are similar to ours but not the same. So saying that with all their might they are 4-B. I think that's lowballing them but there is not much evidence about being 2-C or above. I don't think they gover the universe, but instead they are the universe. I think it should be kept their 4-B status, but add a likely 3-A. The evidence? https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Fundamentals. http://read.navi-gaming.com/en/team_news/d2_lore_fundamentals. I know that the Natus Vincere is not an official page of Dota 2 but their arguments are quite valid.

Also, since Elder Tita created the Fundamentals, shouldn't we add Physics Manipulation to his powers and abilities?

Thanks for reading

Elder Titan would get physics manip, yes, but there really isn't much concrete evidence that the Fundamentals are above 4-B in those links.

Also, minor thing to add, all of the Fundamentals have Mid-Godly regen, they embody concepts and KOTL has been erased from existence multiple times by Chaos Knight and regenerated

Since they are "constants" or "living embodiments" of the laws of physics. I know that creating/destroying a sun makes you 4-C, but I don't see the reason why they are 4-B (at least for Chaos Knight and Io). If the attack potency is the way they are measured, shouldn't we add in the range part Universal for them?

Io has a calculation that puts its Overcharge ability at 4-B, and Keeper of the Light is immensely to Phoenix, whose supernova was calced at high-end High 4-C. We cant rate them as 3-A if they dont have the feats to back it up, and just being the embodyment of a fundamental force isnt enough to make them 3-A

Nah, leave it open, there's actually a few things i need to bring up about the Fundamentals and Elder Titan as part of the verse revisions.

WeeklyBattles said:
Io has a calculation that puts its Overcharge ability at 4-B, and Keeper of the Light is immensely to Phoenix, whose supernova was calced at high-end High 4-C. We cant rate them as 3-A if they dont have the feats to back it up, and just being the embodyment of a fundamental force isnt enough to make them 3-A
Now that you bring that up... I think the Abstract Existence is there for a reason. They represent constants of the universe but as you said there is no proofs about my claims. But could we please add the likely higher to their tiers? On a side note I think we could use the Siltbreaker Campaign to scale some profiles in the wiki.

Yes, the Fundamentals are the abstract embodiments of their respective concepts. I can see them having a 'likely Higher', yes.

We probably can, yes. At the moment it's looking like the low tiers of the verse are going to be 8-A as there are several 8-A and casual high-end 8-B feats done by them.

Okay, so i did a little research and it turns out Phoenix is an elemental, so we can likely scale it to Spirit Breaker, Bane, and Morphling, and anyone else who is classified as an elemental

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay, so i did a little research and it turns out Phoenix is an elemental, so we can likely scale it to Spirit Breaker, Bane, and Morphling, and anyone else who is classified as an elemental
So that put Barathrum, Bane, Morphling and Leshrac in a possibly high 4-C. We can consider Leshrac an elemental. A twisted one but an elemental nonetheless. I think we can scale Tiny to a 7-A since he is stated in his ultimate "Watching a hill become a mountain is awe-inspiring - especially if the mountain begins laying waste to adversaries". Is that description a worthy feat for 7-A? The one I'm interested in creating a profile is Doom. He has a wide variety of feats. Could we scale him to Elder Titan since he is nothing he has ever seen in his long life?

Oh yeah, Leshrac too, forgot about him :p

Hard to say, mountain feats can yield as low at Multi-City Block level depending on the circumstances. Im not exactly sure how to go about this one so we may have to come back to it.

Eeeh that's kinda stretching it, i'll look into Doom because he does look like he has a lot of interesting feats and powers. Demon Blade of Apocalyptic Fire is pretty blatant Spatial Manipulation for example.

Also i kinda wish we could powerscale some of these guys to WH40K so Daemon Prince of Khorne Doom could be 4-B :p

I've been searching the calculations for the dotaverse and I couldn't find them. Not for revision but for reference. [[1]], [[2]] and [[3]] could be scale material, I was wondering how did they measure the force, distance and speed? Because I look into the Valve Developer wiki and find some values that scale the measures ingame to real-life values (mostly height, length and width) Thank you for updating the pages @WeeklyBattles

[[1]] This page. I think since Valve games share their engines some TF2, Portal and HL could be applied. Not sure but it could be used.

Back