• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrading Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you can't just lock a thread because you disagree with something. That's some bull. :/

Besides, if you lock this then you will have an edit war on your hands. No one wants that, I'm sure.

NO. My intention is to be sure that no conflict happens, especially when it's around me. That's not bull, it's more like i don't wanna see that s*** around me.

It still makes nooooo sense in the Zelda universe. And again, the jump in power doesnt make any sense either. That and - again - gaaaaaag feat

Rather high-end Large Planet (the calc was like, 115 ninatons or something like that IIRC) from an item not even as strong as the Master Sword/one piece of the Triforce/the Light Force to not even that far into Small Star Level in a non-canon game isn't really that unrealistic, when you look at the attack potency chart for tons of TNT needed to generate that. If we did this for every jump in power in a verse, lots of verses would be quite a bit weaker, and again, we've got to be consistent.

I'm willing to listen to arguments for either end, but repeating youself over and over again won't get anything anywhere, it will just restate your opinion.

ThePerpetual said:
Rather high-end Large Planet (the calc was like, 115 ninatons or something like that IIRC) from an item not even as strong as the Master Sword/one piece of the Triforce/the Light Force to not even that far into Small Star Level in a non-canon game isn't really that unrealistic, when you look at the attack potency chart for tons of TNT needed to generate that. If we did this for every jump in power in a verse, lots of verses would be quite a bit weaker, and again, we've got to be consistent.
I'm willing to listen to arguments for either end, but repeating youself over and over again won't get anything anywhere, it will just restate your opinion.
Still a hilariously large gag feat in a serious verse

A serious verse being one where an elf in tights is the world's only hope, 35-year-old men dress up like Christmas elves, cuckoos are consistently able to deal more damage than swords, people can bottle living princesses, and there's generally a decent bit of comedy in all of the games to date. I'm not saying it can't be serious when it needs to, I just don't find something like "it being a serious verse" grounds to hand-wave a feat from one of the less serious games in the series. Plenty of verses with comedy in them are classified as serious, they don't usually get this sort of treatment from my experience.

Also please no personal insults, everybody? Please?

ThePerpetual said:
A serious verse being one where an elf in tights is the world's only hope, 35-year-old men dress up like Christmas elves, cuckoos are consistently able to deal more damage than swords, people can bottle living princesses, and there's generally a decent bit of comedy in all of the games to date. I'm not saying it can't be serious when it needs to, I just don't find something like "it being a serious verse" grounds to hand-wave a feat from one of the less serious games in the series. Plenty of verses with comedy in them are classified as serious, they don't usually get this sort of treatment from my experience.
Also please no personal insults, everybody? Please?
who is that character on your profile pic?

...the Warlord class of Warrior character from the Disgaea series, so a demon by technicality. I toyed with the colors in GIMP 2.8. to attain higher contrast, and got lighter hair and a more blue headband that way.

Hey, not trying to be rude, really, but shouldn't we be keeping things on-topic?

Verse is still serious. Just because it has a few gags in it doesnt mean anything. We could say Makoto is moon level cause shes a gag but shes still stuck in a relatively serious verse

If it was simply a "gag" as you say it is, then the surrounding enemies wouldn't move or take damage. They'd just kinda look at Link confused like, "What does he think he's doing...?"

The fact that they do take some serious damage is proof that he is moving the planet. Exactly how much of the planet is being moved is unclear, but it is moving when he uses the attack.

Even if its a flip, its still a random attack among the game. Its not apart of cutscenes and its in a very serious verse (Inb4 someone says that Zeldaverse has enough gags to justify it even though it doesnt at all)

Heres a better question, has Link ever shown this kind of strength before?

I was told that gameplay feats arent to be taken into account anyway....

@TripleX6, gameplay feats aren't taken to account when they are like magikarp killing Arceus or etc.. mainly feats that are made simply to make the gameplay

Oh ok then

But what about my first question, Has Link done this level of a feat before?

If not then it's an outlier.

well, considering that the ocarina of time ganondorf and demise are planet level+, it wouldnt be as far as a stretch. but idk. anyways this is the composite version. Usually composites are more op than the other versions.

SomebodyStupid said:
well, considering that the ocarina of time ganondorf and demise are planet level+, it wouldnt be as far as a stretch. but idk. anyways this is the composite version. Usually composites are more op than the other versions.
Was the Fierce Deity mask taken into consdieration for this Small star level feat?

It totally is a gag since its just a random attack

Jesus Christ, the fact that we think this is legit yet not Sephiroth's star level feat makes me smh

I remember Sephiroth's feat was being discussed by admins a while back... not sure how it concluded though.

Also just because its random, doesn't mean its a gag

It totally is though

Its a single attack in a game filled with attacks that are FAR lower than small star. To just go "Yeah, one random move makes em small star" is bs, it makes 0 sense due to the fact that its just one move. Play through Hyrule Warriors. Is there any other small star feats? No, there isnt

The feat is hilariously bull

Consdiering how people told me that planet level, sub relvistic Shadow Mewtwo shouldnt be those levels because it was one move in game.....yet here we are with Link...

Never mind that they put the Master Sword at star level because "it's an upgrade." That's utter crap. First of all, Link gets the Gauntlets in the Adventure Mode, so nothing suggests that the Master Sword is better. Second, just because you're stronger than planet level doens't mean you're star level. It's total conjecture.

WarriorWare said:
Never mind that they put the Master Sword at star level because "it's an upgrade." That's utter crap. First of all, Link gets the Gauntlets in the Adventure Mode, so nothing suggests that the Master Sword is better. Second, just because you're stronger than planet level doens't mean you're star level. It's total conjecture.
actually if you are stronger than large planet level then you are at least small star level.

First off, the calc was Large Planet+. Not Small Star as previously thought, nor ordinary Large Planet. Secondly, yes, Large Planet+ is an actual ranking in between Large Planet and Small Star, not just indicative of only "Large Planet with other modifiers and stuff." Just so you know.

There's also literally no reason to assume the Gauntlets are inferior to the Master Sword, or more importantly, that the Master Sword is superior to the Gauntlets. The Master Sword isn't even the strongest weapon in the series, it's just the best at killing Ganondorf since it's Kryptonite for him.

They're also a completely optional weapon that isn't mentioned in the story at all.

...the Master Sword and the Triforce are sort of the de facto magical artifacts of power of the series, assuming that a completely random magical item is above a god-forged blade that is a central plot point to most Legend of Zelda games is rather silly in my opinion.

So you're assuming the Master Sword is better because...it's more hype? Sheesh, it wouldn't even be the only weapon in the franchise to be more powerful than the Master Sword. Heck, two regular dudes were able to make the Master Sword even stronger.

It's not an artifact of power. It's an artifact of Kryptonite. There's a difference.

It has nothing to do with hype, and rather has everything to do with logic. If you're telling me a fully-awakened Master Sword is literally thousands of times weaker than a random item that just so happened to be convenient for a dungeon or two... well, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back