• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Heroes and Xenoverse Speeds 02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
This is a continuation of this thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1232226

As of noW the conversation has boiled down to whether these Infinite Speed and Immeasurable Speed feats are legitimate. The conversation seems to be at a stalemate as of now and as such I believe more opinions are needed.

Note: SSJRyu is indeed allowed to comment here. No other non staff member until further notice.

Here are some listed feats I believe.

1. Demigra lives and functions in a timeless void (crack of time) for 75 million years and can even influence the main timelines from there consistently through the entire game.

2. Demigra and FW have there final battle in this place, along with Goku.

3. Towa and Mira have always existed outside the flow of time.

4. Mira and Bardock battle outside time and space in the crack of time destroying part of history.

5. In DBH Demigra was warping and distorting space and time on a multiversal scale, and trancends it to the real world to, and was about to destroy the entire multiverse and real world and act in the reesulting void, freely creating his own new world from nothing.

6. Demigra in DBH created his own castle in the crack of time on purpose (timeless void) and can freely function in it and go in and out of it (as can all his minions and the pattrolers). Even stated to be "like it doesn't exist."

7. All the masters can physically fly through time, across timelines and reach you of their own accord from conton city where they normally are, and are shown flying into the field, and flying out if beaten on their own speed. None of which are pattrolers, most of which do not have teleportation or any of said hax, and many of which are even villains and completly opposition to the time pattrol sans you.

8. There are many statements of trancending time etc. You can say exageration or interprit them diffrently but if you take them literally they support these points, which is more valid given these feats tahn assuming they are exagerations.

9. Demigra can act in multiple timelines and multiple points of time and space simoltainiously with many clones that share a collective conciousness in DBH and can freely be moved or created wherever and whenever. They can do what he does and continue to act as an extension of his will even if his body is gone. I would see this as a form of immesurable speed if one conciousness can act in past present and future simoltainiously.

10. Demigra's dark energy permiates all the multiverse and trancends it to go beyond to the real world. It is controlled by Demigra completly, and continuously passively gives him kiri, supresses or nulifies foes power and abilities etc. Can create clones, wormholes that can transport things and shoot energy blasts anywhere and when, mind control and posses people, ressurect the dead etc. Also it can act on it's own even taccording to his will when he's not around showing it's collective conciousness further. This would likely be a form of omnipressence or nigh-omnipressence.

I'm mostly neutral on this, but the problem I have with what Matthew said so far is that his first argument (everything they do is measurable) could be used to downgrade just any franchise with infinite or immeasurable ratings.

That's roughly it. I'll be mostly a spectator.

A lenghty response would be appreciated, yes.

I think he posted scans in the first thread. I'll dig them up.

I'm not a staff member buf I need to inform you guys this:

Bluetrekking has told me that he will go looking for the scans and that he will post them here when he can.

"1. Demigra lives and functions in a timeless void (crack of time) for 75 million years and can even influence the main timelines from there consistently through the entire game."

I fail to see how this is an Immeasurable feat. We need far more evidence and understanding than just "Lol, was inside a void". The fact that he was in a timeless void for a period of time is also lol.

"2. Demigra and FW have there final battle in this place, along with Goku."

This honestly just gives further credit to it not being a timeless spaceless void, as characters like Goku who demonstrate no evidence of immeasurable speed and are undoubtedly not immeasurable can fight there.

"3. Towa and Mira have always existed outside the flow of time."

As was said dozens of times in dozens of threads, this has nothing to do with speed, or with Towa and Mira suddenly being some higher-dimensional cosmic beings, or whatever them literally transcending the concept of time would entail.

It just has to do with them traversing through time and timelines. Which isn't speed, is Time Travel. Doesn't make them Immeasurable when not time traveling.

"4. Mira and Bardock battle outside time and space in the crack of time destroying part of history."

Evidence of this? Also, destroying time doesn't give you immeasurable speed.

"5. In DBH Demigra was warping and distorting space and time on a multiversal scale, and trancends it to the real world to, and was about to destroy the entire multiverse and real world and act in the reesulting void, freely creating his own new world from nothing."

>Demigra affecting the real world

Lol, definitely not. Also, distorting time with your power =/= Immeasurable speed.

Again, mixing time-related powers with immeasurable speed.

"6. Demigra in DBH created his own castle in the crack of time on purpose (timeless void) and can freely function in it and go in and out of it (as can all his minions and the pattrolers). Even stated to be "like it doesn't exist." "

"Like it doesn't exist" what? Time? More context. And once again, this is just a "Moving inside a void" thing without further evidence. Moving within voids by itself is not acceptable for immeasurable speed.

"7. All the masters can physically fly through time, across timelines and reach you of their own accord from conton city where they normally are, and are shown flying into the field, and flying out if beaten on their own speed. None of which are pattrolers, most of which do not have teleportation or any of said hax, and many of which are even villains and completly opposition to the time pattrol sans you."

They have Time Travel abilities. That's it. The car from Back to the Future isn't Immeasurable in speed when not time traveling just because it can move through time.

"8. There are many statements of trancending time etc. You can say exageration or interprit them diffrently but if you take them literally they support these points, which is more valid given these feats tahn assuming they are exagerations."

Like it has been said on literally every single thread of this ad-nauseaum, they have nothing to do with speed. They have to do with being able to leave one's own timeline and time travel.

"9. Demigra can act in multiple timelines and multiple points of time and space simoltainiously with many clones that share a collective conciousness in DBH and can freely be moved or created wherever and whenever. They can do what he does and continue to act as an extension of his will even if his body is gone. I would see this as a form of immesurable speed if one conciousness can act in past present and future simoltainiously."

This isn't Immeasurable Speed. He is just sharing his consciousness throughout multiple bodies.

"10. Demigra's dark energy permiates all the multiverse and trancends it to go beyond to the real world. It is controlled by Demigra completly, and continuously passively gives him kiri, supresses or nulifies foes power and abilities etc. Can create clones, wormholes that can transport things and shoot energy blasts anywhere and when, mind control and posses people, ressurect the dead etc. Also it can act on it's own even taccording to his will when he's not around showing it's collective conciousness further. This would likely be a form of omnipressence or nigh-omnipressence."

>Demigra affecting the real world.

Once again, no.

And this would just be Omnipresence or Nigh-Omnipresence and would scale to absolutely no one.

Kepekley23 said:
Towa and Mira's natural flow of time statement is supported by two scans:
1 2

Demigra fighting FW in the crack of time (a timeless void).
Pretty sure Azzy has analyzed / addressed these and other statements. The fight honestly just gives credence to it not being a speed feat.

Well, the crack of time was stated countless times to be a timeless void, so we at least know this is true.

I am busy tonight, but can get all the scans tommorow night if needed, as it will take time to find and organize them all again, and I will explain to Matt again why all the points prove infinite/immesurable speed at that point.

Also Bluetrekking, Julian and Zenkaibattery1 all know these feats well and have valuable input, so I would recomend allowing them to speak on the topic as well.

I should also mention that the XV1 Future Warrior is blatantly bound by linear time, as Towa time paradoxed him at the end of the second game.

I disagree with allowing them to speak with you, this is supposed to be a staff-only thread. If they are to speak than every non-staff who agrees with me should speak as well.

This is supposed to be less of a clusterfuck than the other one. It's best to ask them for opinions on their walls instead.

.*spits in tea*

That's what the Nevermind is for, you erasing biaotch. How about I erase you off this thread instead?

ovo

J-Man has come to say that he disagrees with Immeasurable, but is fine with "Possibly Infinite"

Scan One: Was this due to the direct power of their battle, or because a time paradox changed the future?

Scan Two: He's just talking about affecting a different world outside their world. Evidence that this is Real Life? And obviously Demigra can't affect real life, don't take it seriously.

Scan Three: Pretty sick Time Stop feat. Nonexistent speed feat, tho.

Scan Four: It says that they cross the multiverse but I see no further evidence or context. Where is the proof that this is being done? Also, it appears that they are going through some kind of portal.

In either case, traversing the multiverse =/= Immeasurable speed. It can be done by simple MFTL+ speed.

Azathoth evaluated that immeasurable is out of the question, but that infinite might be arguable.

However, as Matthew mentioned, most feats of moving within a timeless void within fiction involves characters that have not demonstrated anything remotely approaching infinite speed otherwise, as it is a common plot induced stupidity outlier when a universe is destroyed or similar.

If this is the case here as well, I agree with Matthew that it seems inappropriate to assign such statistics.

SSJRyu said he'd make a huge post countering everything tomorrow. Let's wait for that.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. This discussion is like a Duracell bunny, it just keeps going and going.
I agree. I feel that it will have to come to a democratic decision. I feel that if let loose this will become another thread with 300+ posts.

Agreed. It was probably the same idea marketed under different brands in different areas.

Alright, I will address this.

First off we have all pretty much agreed it is a timeless void. Even Matt has said "Not denying that." So that much is out of the way.

Next we get into the feats themselves.

1. Demigra lives in a timeless void for 75 million years from the perspective of Kai of time, gathering power, and can act not only in the void but effect the timelines from the void to. He does this through the entire game consistently as well. Therefore you cannot call it inconsistent as he spends the majority of his time in the void, and performs most of his feats from within it.

2. Demigra and the future warrior having a final battle in the crack of time further shows Demigra and others of his level can naturally function in such a place consistently, it actually strengthens the argument that it is a natural state for him, and others can keep up, not diminishes it.

3. Demigra also after escaping can freely enter and exit the void and even creates his castle in it during DBH on purpose because it is so natural to him. They state it's like his castle doesn't exist, due to it being in a void and part of a void. Furthermore all his demon minions and time breakers, show they can freely live in such a place as well. This further shows it is a natural place the cast can live in.

4. Towa and Mira are stated to exist outside the flow of time, and have been shown to easily traverse it. That natural state further shows that existing in a timeless void outside time is completely normal to them, further proof that a timeless void is a natural state, and they can freely traverse time in any direction through travel to.

5. Mira and Bardock battling in the crack of time is further showings of existing and acting in a timeless void for more characters, again proving it is a natural state they can exist and act in as well. Nobody is saying that destroying part of history is a speed feat, this is further proof of existing and fighting in a timeless void.

6. Demigra was warping the multiverse and real world as it is portrayed in the game, no "lol no" is needed as it is as I say it is, which was transcendent to the multiverse. But the point was not the warping, it was the fact he transcended the multiverse and was going to act in a timeless void after destroying it all, then creating a new world in his image where he is god.

7. No, the masters are shown flying in and out of the field, have not shown teleportation and are not part of the time patrol. Show actual proof they are using some hax or machine to fly there or your just assuming they are when what is shown says otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzpIcG9-srE

Flash got immeasurable speed for travel due to being able to move in time like this, Flowey got outright immeasurable for it, it's double standards to deny them the same thing unless you can prove they used something other than travel.

8. Transcending time is indeed infinite/immeasurable speed. It depends on how the statements are taken, literal, or as hyperbole. The whole reason they were dismissed is due to people assuming it refers to time manipulation, but given the current feats that assumption is no longer relevant or needed. Given the feats they can substantiate the infinite/immeasurable feats rather than being assumed to pertain to time manipulation feats. Please show actual proof they are not literal when there feats would actually fit in line with them transcending time in multiple cases.

9. Having a single consciousness present in multiple points of space and time simultaneously, and being able to act at multiple points in space and time simultaneously is immeasurable speed. If I can attack you in the past present and future at once that is not simply linear attack speed. Technically they are the same being as they share the same consciousness in tandem.

10. Omnipresence over time and space is a form of speed. But at least you agree it is Omnipresence. That is some progress. Although i agree omnipresence doesn't scale, only Demigra and others who use the skill would have it.

Second, there seems to be some confusion on what entails counting as a infinite speed feat for a timeless void. I will go over what the current ruling on it is and use some examples that have set a precedent for what is and isn't acceptable to prove my points. It is no different than a precedent set in a court room, it keeps things fair and unbiased to set a precedent.

So it states for moving in a void "Characters who showcase the ability to move freely and naturally in a timeless void may qualify for an infinite speed rating so long as it is not a huge Outlier or Plot-Induced Stupidity or Inconsistency. Such feats will have to be very carefully evaluated on a case-by-case basis."

Now, can we call void feats in DBX/DBH outlier or inconsistency? No. We have over half a dozen direct feats above of multiple characters including Demigra, Towa, Mira, Bardock, Goku, FW 1 and 2, kai of time etc moving in such voids, and fighting in such voids. SO not outlier or inconsistency.

Furthermore Demigra himself thrives in such a place for 75 million years from kai of times perspective, gaining power, and being able to influence the outside timelines directly from said void showing he can fully act on normal time from such a state, and it is stated the time breakers like towa mira etc also naturally exist outside of the flow of time and transcend it, so it is clearly a natural state.

It literally hits all the criteria for gaining the speed upgrade.

And for those who argue they have shown linear time feats so they don't qualify, 99% of characters with infinite/immeasurable speed feats also show or seem to show to the viewer linear speed feats as well, so that is not enough to ignore consistent infinite/immeasurable speed feats.

Now for some of those precedents I talked about.

Dimentio "Infinite (Was going to destroy every single timeline, exist and move within the utterly timeless void of nonexistence, and then create his own space-times)" Demigra has the exact same feat in heroes as listed above, but on a higher scale including the real world to.

Gallantmon "Infinite (Capable of fighting Beelzemon, who is a native to the Dark Area, a realm in which time does not exist). Possibly Immeasurable (Capable of moving through time and space, and is comparable to Alphamon who transcends it)" Just for fighting a person who lives in a void he gets infinite speed, which Demigra does live in one, and many who fight him would scale for it according to this precedent. And for being able to freely move through time and space, like the masters etc. and being compared to a guy said to transcend it multiple times, like Demigra and Mira, he gets immeasurable as well. Feats and statements are very similar.

Solaris "Infinite (Was collapsing and consuming all of time, merging past, present and future into one single void, and could still move and perfectly function in such a state)" For merging the timelines and destroying them and still being able to move in it despite it going to turn into a void, in heroes again Demigra transcended the multiverse to go to the real world and was "causing them to overflow" referring to timelines into each other and still is fine, and was going to act in a void afterward when it all was destroyed.

Time eater "Infinite (Can move and function after erasing time and space)" Demigra does this all the time as seen in many feats above, and they move in a void all the time in the game.

Flash "Immeasurable by running through time." the masters easily fly through time without any proof of them using hax or other methods, just flight."

Flowey "Immeasurable (Capable of instantaneously switching between multiple SAVE files and moving outside of them without any adverse effects, indicating he is beyond basic space-time.)" Literally for switching between timelines and moving through them freely or out of them he got immeasurable, something demgira, towa mira, even the masters can do as seen above in terms of moving through timelines, voids, to any point in time and space freely through flight etc.

So to sum up, they definably meet the criteria for infinite speed feats via a timeless void imo and I'd be surprised if that wasn't at least accepted. They also do actually show immeasurable speed feats, albeit not as many, but some, and should get immeasurable imo, if not outright at least for travel. And Matt actually agreed that Demigra is Omnipresent in heroes due to his evil energy state I brought up from what I understand, so at least that is progress.

Edit: Going to sleep so will check back tommorow night.

I will respond tonight when I have time.

But one point:

1) Stop saying I did things when I didn't. I am not agreeing with any part of the upgrade yet.

2) Stop bringing up other fictions without further context. Like, seriously. 75% of your argument is going "They got it so DBX should get it too".

That's not an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back