• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

He can't telaport as far a Goku
Wym it's not stated anywhere he can't. The only reason why Goku got away is that he teleported to the previous locations. Gas didn't do that, he tried to find planet cereal location instead of doing what Goku did.
unknown.png

This is so weird. If Goku can teleport from earth to the Kaioshin Realm (outside the universe) but not this random planet in the universe, then how big is the universe and/or how far is earth from the Kaioshin realm?

This is so weird. If Goku can teleport from earth to the Kaioshin Realm (outside the universe) but not this random planet in the universe, then how big is the universe and/or how far is earth from the Kaioshin realm?
This is also weird because goku can effortlessly teleport to king kai at any time who is outside the living world in a different dimension, but he can't teleport to places that are inside the living world itself.

I guess I was wrong? I don't remember what context Goku was talking about since he always claims his version of IT is better than gas.
I still believe gas could have made it to planet cereal since Goku didn't directly teleport there. Goku just wields it better (used it smarter).
unknown.png

I guess I was wrong? I don't remember what context Goku was talking about since he always claims his version of IT is better than gas.
I still believe gas could have made it to planet cereal since Goku didn't directly teleport there. Goku just wields it better (used it smarter).
unknown.png
He always teleported directly to Goku, following his Instant Transmission path. This chapter might be trying to say that he was just tracking Goku's Ki signature, but is unable to teleport to the planets Goku went to without Goku's Ki signature to follow after.

He always teleported directly to Goku, following his Instant Transmission path. This chapter might be trying to say that he was just tracking Goku's Ki signature, but is unable to teleport to the planets Goku went to without Goku's Ki signature to follow after.
The problem here is Goku didn't directly teleport to the planet. Whis said the distance was too great for gas to teleport "directly', implying that if Gas did what Goku did (IT planet to planet) he would have gotten there.

If we assume the Attack Balls have a diameter equal to the height of Vegeta, and compare the metal used for its shell to steel, then, accounting for a likely 90% hollowness, we could estimate the Attack Balls to be 15+ tons on Earth and 150+ tons on Planet Vegeta, which scales to Bardock.

Goku
Good lifting strength

Pick one

L̶a̶u̶g̶h̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶I̶m̶m̶e̶a̶s̶u̶r̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶e̶n̶g̶t̶h̶ ̶U̶n̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶T̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶C̶C̶ ̶G̶o̶k̶u̶

So why can Goku teleport to king kai's planet with no problem but Whis says the distance is too far to warp (IT)?

Gas really pissed himself lmfao

In chapter 82 of DBS, Gas had a good travel speed feat. As he teleported on a planet where Whis was, he did several instant transmisisons (6 or 7) to return to planet Cereal Knowing he can do Earth Namek casually that means the distance he crossed is most likely comparable to 7 times Earth-Namek distance. Gas is able to apparently go from the planet Whis was to planet Cereal by flying in space in less than 20 mins (stated by whis). I don't exactly know what distance Earth Namek is but I think Bulma once calculated how much time (4339.2516 years) it'd took to the already advanced human technology (compared to real life) of dragon ball to get to planet Namek.

Of course I'm assuming the distance is equal to planet namek x 7 but it's most likely more: he tried to travel as much as a he could with each instant transmissions to make sure Gas couldn't go back to planet Cereal.

Last edited:
Also, Goku describes the planet Whis is on as a "realm". Which I thought was interesting. I'm not sure if it could be helpful in determining how impressive Gas feat is without any additional context, but it could imply that the planet is outside of the area of the universe they were in before, which I guess could be consistent with how far Goku could teleport throughout the series up until now. He can teleport from Earth to Namek. He can teleport from Earth to King Kai's planet, which is closer to Beerus' Planet than Earth is. And he can teleport to Supreme Kai's planet from in the middle of Otherworld. But Whis was so far away from Planet Cereal that he can't make a one way trip in between them. And when Instant Transmission was first introduced, it was revealed that Goku could've teleported to Frieza and King Cold from where he was in outer space, but didn't, as Trunks resolved the issue. Saiyan Space-Pods are definitely MFTL+, and Goku was still 3 hours away from Earth using one.

Honestly the way Otherworld itself works is really weird. In some instances it's described as being a separate dimension, but in the main series it's also consistently shown as a place people can literally just fly to if they go far enough.

Also, Goku describes the planet Whis is on as a "realm". Which I thought was interesting. I'm not sure if it could be helpful in determining how impressive Gas feat is without any additional context, but it could imply that the planet is outside of the area of the universe they were in before, which I guess could be consistent with how far Goku could teleport throughout the series up until now. He can teleport from Earth to Namek. He can teleport from Earth to King Kai's planet, which is closer to Beerus' Planet than Earth is. And he can teleport to Supreme Kai's planet from in the middle of Otherworld. But Whis was so far away from Planet Cereal that he can't make a one way trip in between them. And when Instant Transmission was first introduced, it was revealed that Goku could've teleported to Frieza and King Cold from where he was in outer space, but didn't, as Trunks resolved the issue. Saiyan Space-Pods are definitely MFTL+, and Goku was still 3 hours away from Earth using one.

Honestly the way Otherworld itself works is really weird. In some instances it's described as being a separate dimension, but in the main series it's also consistently shown as a place people can literally just fly to if they go far enough.
Yeah true! I just took the first "DBZ" period instant transmission that came to my mind but your examples are even better (with king kai's planet)/ The fact he can teleport to even the supreme kai's world in 2 transmissions (by first going to the Otherworld) shows that "realm" (it's pretty perceptive of you to notice they didn't say "planet") Whis was could indeed very well be outside of the universe or something at that moment. And gas being able to fly back to planet Cereal is therefore an insane travel speed feat!
It's gonna be interesting because someone who isn't an angel will cross a possibly universal distance in a few mins just by flying!
Even Whis described Gas' speed as "breakneck"

Back