• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Assalt

Just wait for the arc to end. This is just like when people complained about an "Evil Goku" then everyone started to ride on Blacks schlong XD

Black Goku seemed stupid at first, but this is awful writing. Goku is now irredeemable to me. Even if they reveal some sort of "super plan" or whatever, Goku just risked all the universes when he could have protected them when fighting Bergamo. No kind of grand scheme (especially one of Goku's) is worth that kind of risk.

Assaltwaffle said:
Black Goku seemed stupid at first, but this is awful writing. Goku is now irredeemable to me. Even if they reveal some sort of "super plan" or whatever, Goku just risked all the universes when he could have protected them when fighting Bergamo. No kind of grand scheme (especially one of Goku's) is worth that kind of risk.
It seems that you didn't watch the original Dragon Ball in Japanese, this is classic Goku, he's a selfish bastard, who only cares about fighting, eating, and getting stronger.

i think Bergamo is more on hax so 4-B as in Blue Goku overpowered him without much issues. He never got blue's powers anyway and only contended with SSJ at best but the 4-B alone is via his hax and his tier without his hax is unknown

I think he's 3-A, even if Goku used 1/10 of Blue's power, he's still universal. The fact that Goku used Kaioken, and Bergamo was briefly able to contend is the problem. Though, that xould've just been \Goku showing off.

@Dragonmasterxyz I believe he is a solid 4-B since he clearly fought base goku and give him something like limited reactive evolution since the more he gets damage the stronger he becomes but as we can see he can't get hit to hard or he'll be knocked out and lose all of his power.

The wolf guy was getting rekt with super saiyan alone goku didn't even have to go SSJ2 to put him on his knees and he didn't absorb Blue power , the SSBKK was just to show he was going all out to zeno i think

otherwise it's BS , you can't possibly getting overpowered by 4-B and few minutes later you can go h2h with 3-A

Goku just going all out for zenos no needed for a ssbkk kamehameha but we could possibly see goku perfect kaioken 10x or 20x at the tournament

ZERO7772 said:
The wolf guy was getting rekt with super saiyan alone goku didn't even have to go SSJ2 to put him on his knees and he didn't absorb Blue power , the SSBKK was just to show he was going all out to zeno i think
otherwise it's BS , you can't possibly getting overpowered by 4-B and few minutes later you can go h2h with 3-A
Agreed. Bergamo being 3A should be out of discussion.

An all out battle between 80 fighters this seems interesting i hope fusion is allowed imagine ssb gogeta being canon and i was away for a few days and when i checked now i seen zeno has been downgraded to low 2-c and removed his infinite speed this must be the biggest downgrade in db history so finally pegasus seiya>>>>>zeno every one in xenoverse>>>everyone in dbs

Here are my thoughts on all of this. Toppo was just surprised that another being existed that could reach the level of the Gods. Daishinkan is making up stuff just to create chaos and will turn out to be the real villain who is using Goku's love for fighting and Zeno's authority to get it to happen. It'll be a battle royal because Daishinkan knows it will be quicker. Then, just as we reach the end of the tournaments, something happens that proves that Daishinkan was playing everyone. However, his motive is unclear. I'm thinking he knows that the 12 Universes they know of isn't the only ones and saw how "peaceful" other multiverses were and how "uncivilized" his multiverse is. This could also lead into a possible war arc between multiverses or the tournament could lead into an angels vs everyone else type of war with Zeno being compromised. Knowing Toriyama, and how hyped up this arc was, something is definitely gonna happen.

Bergamo wasnt getting overpowered, Gohan said since he was so big his blind spots were easy to hit.

Bergamo almost won that struggle with Goku, he wasn't easily overpowered. He block the SSBKK Kamehameha with one hand, probably taking it's power and got very close to winning with his Wolfgang Penetrator.

@Assault

Did you even fully watch the episode? Goku COULD NOT hold back or Zeno would destroy all the universes immediately? What part of can't hold back do people not understand? Daishinkan would've known if Goku held back and present Zeno would as well since he knows the power of SSBKK. So what you'd rather Goku throw the fight and let the universes die instantly? Goku didn't have a choice in the matter. He pumped more power into Bergamo, he did not know how much he could take, so Goku assumed he would take the blast. It's Bergamo who couldn't tank all that power. Also about his nonchalance. Goku is still a saiyan, he doesn't want the universes to die, but he can't do anything to stop it. So he's gonna enjoy the fights while he can. Simple as that. I can't stand when people are trying to mark Goku as a villain when:

1) Zeno would've destroyed the universes anyway and thus Goku's request actually gave everyone a fighting chance to survive.

2) Goku can literally do nothing but fight as he cannot stop Zeno at this point. Even in dire situations he has always enjoyed a fight. So he will just gain any satisfaction while he can.

Also about the Goku couldn't hold back rule....Zeno never said that....Only Daishinkan.....I'm starting to wonder if he's manipulating the rules....

After i watched the episode i realized that we should remove Goku quote from his page, it's out of character and that quote was added by Funimation Dub to make him look like the hero of the universe, obliviously he had a different line in the original japonese dub.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Assault
Did you even fully watch the episode? Goku COULD NOT hold back or Zeno would destroy all the universes immediately? What part of can't hold back do people not understand? Daishinkan would've known if Goku held back and present Zeno would as well since he knows the power of SSBKK. So what you'd rather Goku throw the fight and let the universes die instantly? Goku didn't have a choice in the matter. He pumped more power into Bergamo, he did not know how much he could take, so Goku assumed he would take the blast. It's Bergamo who couldn't tank all that power. Also about his nonchalance. Goku is still a saiyan, he doesn't want the universes to die, but he can't do anything to stop it. So he's gonna enjoy the fights while he can. Simple as that. I can't stand when people are trying to mark Goku as a villain when:

1) Zeno would've destroyed the universes anyway and thus Goku's request actually gave everyone a fighting chance to survive.

2) Goku can literally do nothing but fight as he cannot stop Zeno at this point. Even in dire situations he has always enjoyed a fight. So he will just gain any satisfaction while he can.
You took the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly what I wanted to say.

Goku had no choice at all and clearly the Daishinkan would have noticed it if Goku suppressed himself. So yeah, like you said he is just trying to enjoy fights while he can (because he of course cannot oppose Zen'ô).

I also agree with you and people who say the daishinkan might manipulate Zen'ô. He does creepy faces more often. In today's ep he did one when he said they'd build a giant arena. And also during the figh between majin buu and Basil he smiled weirdly when he saw the 2 Zen'ô were satisfied.

Also like some people precised it, Zen'ô didn't say anything so how can he come up with that "and if you hold back, Zen'ô will destroy all universes" ...

Goku for the first time in a long time is actually an intressting character, the way he told the gods that he doesnt care if they think hes evil as long as they give him a good fight. Not to mention he even embraced the idea of being considered evil when Toppo was talking to hin.

Anime that doesn't work Toppo saw goku go ssjg kaio Ken times 10 before so why would he be surprised by seeing God ki. When he already saw it while goku was fighting bargamo.

We can't assume that's from the same scene. It could be something else entirely.

@Rad I 100% agree. I like this Goku we are seeing. He is a little more interesting. Before he was the least interesting character in the series. Not we are really seeing Goku shine as a cool character imo. He's fearless even in front of 11 beings who could literally Hakai him...

yeah things are taking a turn and Goku pretty much is fearless towards all the universes lol.

The one you replied back to me where I said to anime that it couldn't be he was supprised that goku had God ki.

I'm a little confused as to why some people say taking out 4 Universes is a bad thing. Personally I think it's a good thing, as those are the strongest out of all 12 so it could lead to some pretty interesting fights for Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, etc. in the future. If they had been in the tournament we wouldn't likely see the full potential of these characters.

Also I couldn't have said it better myself Dragon that was a great explination of the situation.

The Mortal level isn't power. It is quality of life. Pretty much the stuff Zamasu talked about.

what si de best, most Overpower and estupid Hax in DB in General? (I emphasize in general, Manga, Anime, filling, games, etrc but ot fanfics and similars)

No it wasn't even bergamo was like. "Look I might be from the lowest universe but atleast I am not as bad as that guy right there" (goku).

Am I the only one who likes the idea of a Battle Royal? I mean jeez, Dragon Ball as a whole is filled with 1v1 fights, and we're gonna get more in the future in later arcs. It's a staple of Dragon Ball. For once, we get something different and never seen before, and it's one of the few opportunities to even do something like this.

I dunno why people are so disapppointed.

Also seriously, I'm getting sick of this trend of trying to make Goku out to be way worse than he is. I know Goku has his issues, but he's not a villain. Goku has absolutely no control over how many lives get destroyed, outside of what he can do in the tournament. Zeno was gonna erase 8 universes regardless. Goku basically just saved one. He at least did that much. And he couldn't run the risk of holding back against Bergamo, because that will result in Zeno's original plan coming to fruition.

On another note, Daishinkan is definitely shady. He blatantly makes sinister faces, and is constantly speaking for Zeno even though Zeno hardly says anything. I just wonder if the other angels are like him to some extant. I really don't want to see the likes of Whis turning out to be a villain as well, but we'll see.

I'm curious as to how they'll tackle battle royale, it surely requires a lot more effort to animate properly than 1v1 fights, so I kind of fear for lackluster animation. I really hope that won't be the case, because battle royal is pretty new to Dragonball and to be honest I've always wanted to see a battle royale in Dragonball.

The idea of a Battle Royal is interesting and new to the series, but it will be problematic for the scaling [Having countless of fighters in one arena]. Example: Fighter A is fighting on par with Krillin, then he moves to fight without problems with Goku and etc. I hope it won't end up that everyone will be 4-B or 3-A.

I could die happily with 3-A Tien and Roshi.

I think Hit will team up with Goku, his main priority is killing Goku in a one on fight, to do this he needs to weed out the competition first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back