• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is if someone ( An citizen / warrior ) from the oher Universes not participating can keep up with this new form of Goku , if the scaling is correct that in this form he is > Beerus

I dont know where this "unreachable goal in Z" comes from:

Saiyan saga: Vegeta is stronger. Next Saga: Goku > Vegeta. Goku > Frieza. Android saga: Cell remains out of Goku's league, Gohan stomps. Buu saga: Goku stated he could have killed kid buu in ssj3.

So this "unreachable" thing only lasts for what, one arc? That's power creep, and its your typical shounen trope.

Caulifla getting ssj2 was hilarious, her base must be ridiculously strong if she can do that.

@PaChi2 yeah Goku in Z was so much stronger than everyone else that he made the Gods look like jobbers. Not even counting Gohan (Ultimate) and Fusions.

Isn't Zarama directly called a "Dragon God"?

Ryu's right. Jiren isn't one of the mortals either, at least judging by the appeareance. It would definitely be interesting if one of these mortals entered the tournament.

EDIT: Just realized that Jiren is technically a mortal...

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
@PaChi2 yeah Goku in Z was so much stronger than everyone else that he made the Gods look like jobbers. Not even counting Gohan (Ultimate) and Fusions.
In canon Z (only Z), only Super Buu and gohan are above ssj3. Not counting Fusions. If your comment wasnt a sarcasm, sorry, but it looked like that.

Like mentioned before, but no one answered, was it clear that Kale was going all-out in that fight ? All she was using was ki blasts , and just a ki blast required SS2 Caulifilia to deflect it.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Kale is... A lot stronger than I thought she was gonna be. Do you guys believe she was holding back ?
Caulifla deflected a blast as a SSJ2 that was supposed to kill a New Era SSJ, so yes. She was.

On a side note, I get this feeling that Cabba will be getting SSJ Rage in the middle of the tournament and fight Vegeta with it. If he does, that'd be a confirmation that SSJ Rage = Quasi-Super Saiyan Blue.

People shouldn't complain about the power up , SSJ was big thing in frieza arc and only the very special people can accomplishment , it became a joke ever since Goten and trunks "6 years old kids " can use it , now days any saiyan is expected to be able to enter it , the more you go with the series the cheaper the power up becomes "in shoneen"

SSB was something you can only achieve after gaining god ki and train with gods and all the other nonsense , Trunks have the same power now because he was angry lol "i mean because toei want to give him some spotlight " , but if you look at it he isn't any better than Goku when he used SSJ to fight Frieza

DBS is the king of asspull power up and cheap scaling even more than Z , every week we says we will drop this **** but we are back at it next week xD

That being said this arc is really shitstorm

@PaChi2 what I meant by that is that i wasnt even counting Super Buu and Gohan and the Fusions when i said that the Gods were jobbers compared to Goku let alone Gohan,Buu and the Fusions.

Jeune fou said:
Should Vermouth have a profile since he is confirmed to be at least as strong as Beerus possibly stronger?
He isn't, it's speculation that it's Vermouth

As everyone said here, the mortal that's stronger than the Destroyer Gods, might not even participate in the tournament. But even if he does enter, beating him won't necessarily require a power-up. Because what if multiple people gang up on this one character? After all, it's a battle royal. If this one character takes on multiple characters and loses, no one will scale above him.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
As everyone said here, the mortal that's stronger than the Destroyer Gods, might not even participate in the tournament. But even if he does enter, beating him won't necessarily require a power-up. Because what if multiple people gang up on this one character? After all, it's a battle royal. If this one character takes on multiple characters and loses, no one will scale above him.
Ofcourse he's gonna enter in the tournament, why would Whis mention him if he wasn't going to enter lol.

Remember when Whis said this GoD was stronger than Beerus, only for Beerus to specify he was only beat in arm wrestling (which honestly doesn't really mean anything fighting or often even strengthwise)

What if Whis is being similarly deceptive. "There's a mortal out there that a God of Destruction can't beat"... in Tic Tac Toe.

lol

I don't think Whis is the type of guy to decieve people like that. Thats sounds more like Beerus.

I'm 95% certain the mortal is going to be Jiren. I mean Toppo was already scouted to be a GoD and Jiren is supposed to be stronger than him. It also doesn't make a ton of sense for Whis to bring it up, unless this mortal lives in one of the Univeres not competing in the Tournament of Power and he comes to U7 looking for the winners. Which is where I that other 5% goes.

I'm also really interested to see what happens with Frieza.

I was joking around. However Whis can be rather playful, and he technically wouldn't be lying if he said that. There is a mortal a GoD can't beat, and that GoD is stronger than Beerus. ovo

He only said that he and Vegeta would kill Frieza. Not that they are the only ones that could. Even then, just cause Gohan and 17 couldn't defeat the potentially stronger Golden Frieza doesn't mean they aren't 3-A. 3-As can be stronger than and beat other 3-As.

Ryukama said:
He only said that he and Vegeta would kill Frieza. Not that they are the only ones that could. Even then, just cause Gohan and 17 couldn't defeat the potentially stronger Golden Frieza doesn't mean they aren't 3-A. 3-As can be stronger than and beat other 3-As.
The Tournament will show how 3-A they are, r8?

Not sure what that has to do with anything. If the tournament contradicts the past few episodes and those two are clearly shown to not be anywhere near SSB level, then they'll be downgraded.

But the mere fact that Goku only said that he and Vegeta are going to kill him doesn't at all suggest that to be the case.

Ryukama said:
Because Whis and Beerus used male pronouns to refer to that universe's God of Destruction. Universe 2 has a female God of Destruction and she's the only female GoD.
Gonna have to retract on this. Rewatched the scene. Unless I was reading different translations earlier, it seems like they didn't use any gender pronouns to refer to that GoD. This mortal can still come from U2. My apologies.

Ryukama said:
Remember when Whis said this GoD was stronger than Beerus, only for Beerus to specify he was only beat in arm wrestling (which honestly doesn't really mean anything fighting or often even strengthwise)
Its good enough for the Phantom Troupe right? XD

So umm I just remembered something. Y'know how Frieza requested to be brought back with the EARTH Dragon Balls? Thing is Frieza does not know that you can only be brought back once with them. And he was already brought back in RoF..... So umm he kinda ****** himself over here unless he proves to be the best fighter in the Tournament.

I think if Frieza earns the Dragon Balls (which he probably won't since Goku's gotta be the star) Goku being Goku will keep to his promise, but then Beerus Hakais Frieza right after he's revived.

Caulifilia & Kale arguably have far more potential than Cabba & most saiyans in U7 . If they had more time to train though ... God they would be strong. I hope to see how powerful they can get post-ToP .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back