• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
UltimateFlare said:
You also need to ramp up scalation because then the villain needs to take them all at once to be a threat
I rather not have them on the fighting way again, especially since they retired
Right? Not everyone needs to be a fighter.

You don't need to make everyone equal to be useful. Because.

Like Flare said if everyone is equal/stronger the villain would have to kick things up higher. The villain/antagonist would have to do more than kick Goku and Vegeta's ass to look threatening. The power creep would essentially be worse off.

And then the way the antagonist is beaten is even more BS. Because if None of them together can beat him and they're all comparable and can do fusion and all that. Then how do they win? Deus Ex Machina?

When we have a star player. It is important to remember that he gets his shine only after everyone else get their chance.

Examples

All the Z fighter fight Nappa before Goku stepss in

Vegeta, Krillin, and Gohan fight the ginyu Force before Goku

Vegeta, Krillin, Piccolo, and Gohan fight Frieza and his forms before Goku.

All Z fighters, including androids fight Cell before Gohan

Gohan, Trunks, Vegeta, Goku, and Piccolo fight Broly before Goku goes one on one

Z Fighters fight Bojack and his army before Gohan steps in.

As a matter of fact, I think Power Rangers does perfect execution of the star player system. Only the red ranger i able to defeat the main threat, but time is always set aide to develop the other rangers. Sometimes, the blue or green ranger always questions the red ranger always getting the power up, and this event is used as a stepping stone to develop their own characters.

Except everyone got their chance, again and again and their arc have been finished for a long while, them getting sidelined is just the normal progression, once there is no more struggle, why would they have the spotlight outside of slice of life episode ? they even addressed Krillin's decades worth of PTSD and Tenshinhan made his school to 'redeem' the crane school, none of the characters have any motivation left beyond survival and you don't need 20 characters who are just there because they'll die otherwise, you might as well reduce the cast.

Also, there is no 'star player' thing, unlike power rangers, the show isn't based around a team, it's based on Goku, he can be solo or with his friends, DB isn't like One Piece, D-Gray Man, Naruto or Fairy Tail, none of the characters are part of an official group, organisation or team, they only showed up before because they wanted to and when they wanted to and the team / organisation is at no point the center nor the framing device of the show.

Hell, the only reason Power Rangers can use that formula is because they can change the whole team whenever they want, they don't just keep doing that with the same characters over and over again.

Never said that everyone should be useful. I said that the characters are rendered useless as a result of handing techniques/power-ups only to the saiyans. Piccolo and Tien are the two characters that have never retired and have taken their training seriously yet they are about as effective as Krillin, Yamcha, Roshi (well less than Roshi tbh) or 18. Those are the two non-saiyans that SHOULD be taken seriously as fighters.

Piccolo is more effective than the others, it's just that the top tier villain of the arc is superior enough that everyone besides the saiyans or new buffed characters (Hit,Jiren, Frieza) look like fodder.

I feel like Namekians in general should be given more importance in Dragon Ball. I mean the franchise is called Dragon Ball and Namekians have a strong connection to the namesake objects! It's rather criminal that they are toss to the size as some background characters. They should arguably be just as prominent as Saiyans!

I really hope more information is revealed about Zalama, and hopefully there's some connection between him and Namekians.

When you actually look at how the races are presented in Dragon Ball you realize that the saiyans are actually garbage. The Namekians are so broken it's not even funny.

I was looking at Goku's Super page and noticed there's a bit of repeating on his AP. It talks about the clash between Goku and Beerus twice.

Nothing suggest piccolo can't be useful at all at this point hell this arc is perfect for him to do actual shit then do absolutely nothing as usual

BlackeJan said:
Well that's cool but what about DBZ?
4-B or lower characters won't be affected

Dark649 said:
KLOL506 said:
It will affect DB as a whole.
Only the char. that affected the universe like FR Goku/GT Goku or also the other feats like Manga Cell solar system busting and Toei quickly Broly destroying the solar system of the south galaxy.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Wouldn't it be 320X since the previous version was at 8X and the new size is 40X bigger?
Something like this.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Kepekley said the calc was accepted on the blog, but said he'd rather not get involved with the revision project full of feat recalcs/upgrades. I do know Attack Potency and Durability feats are going to be multiplied by around 40 given the volume whereas speed feats are multiplied by the cube root of that or around 3.41995189335.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Wouldn't it be 320X since the previous version was at 8X and the new size is 40X bigger?
No, the universe destruction has already been calced to be 110x in the same calc.

Ok so this would also affect manga too right? And I do wanna ask that what about SSJ2s? would they get like a Likely or Possibly?

EDIT: this is meant for DBZ cause let's be honest, doesn't matter how high they r in 3-A in DBS lol

DragonEmperor23 said:
What doubles Goku's rating to give him 220 instead of 110?
Because the second dense energy ball that was punched by Goku, was formed by 2x the power of his kamehameha which was already greater than the first dense energy ball.

Because later Goku punched it out.

Sounds like a great amount of circular reasoning. Goku's fist < Goku's Kamehameha <<<<< Goku's Kamehameha + Beerus < Goku's fist

I thought you agreed with my blog on the thread I made earlier lol

Anyway, that's because it happened over the course of 3 episodes in which Goku was constantly getting stronger by the increasing power of SSG boost and by breaking his limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back