• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 77

Status
Not open for further replies.
UltimateFlare said:
I wouldn't mind the ending if it did't throw Trunks and May into an identical timeline to the one they lost, it makes destroying the previous timeline pointless and mean since you're gonna put them into a copy of it.
Yeah but Trunks and Mai still have to live with the fact they failed. We even see Trunks crying because he couldn't keep his promise to Gohan and their alternate selves will always be a constant reminder that, that isn't their home. That they're just refugees. Everyone they know and love has been killed and erased from existence.

"I actually agree with this part. The grand sentiment is that dragon ball is a "turn your brain off" anime i.e. you don't have to pay attention to anything in it and just watch cool fights."

That shouldn't stop people from looking at it critically like any other piece of media.

"Therefore when people see things they missed because they willingly don't wanna pay attention to the explanations they write it off as a plot hole or inconsistentcy(not to say it doesn't have straight up inconsistencies). It's why to this day we have the Goku is a bad father meme and "Goku is a mass murderer" sentiment. Which include...."

A lot of tee examples you've said I've only heard as wishful thinking as opposed to complaints, like the Pikkon thing, or never heard at all. I've never heard the mass murderer Goku. In fact, people acknowledge (adult) Goku's low kill count in Z, being only Yakon and Buu. Gohan and even Krillin iced more bad guys than him in Z. While Goku always wins isn't always true, wait for Goku kinda is.

Hst master said:
Yeah but Trunks and Mai still have to live with the fact they failed. We even see Trunks crying because he couldn't keep his promise to Gohan and their alternate selves will always be a constant reminder that, that isn't their home. That they're just refugees. Everyone they know and love has been killed and erased from existence.
And that's how you get Time Patrol Trunks in DBS.

@HST. If this were Future Trunks's first appearance, I'd take that. But not only does it invalidate that arc, but his entire arc in the Cell Saga goes poof too. And again, comes out of nowhere. If Goku Black or Zamasu wiped out all life while they were active instead of it being through IZ, it would be a bit better. Not good, but better.

The mass murder part comes from the ToP where people ignored Zeno was gonna just erase all 8 low level universes if not for the tournament.

That shouldn't stop people from looking at it critically like any other piece of media

Never said it shouldn't, but if it can be looked at critically, then it should be allowed the same amount of attention as any other piece of Media.

A lot of the examples you've said I've only heard as wishful thinking as opposed to complaints, like the Pikkon thing, or never heard at all.

You'd be surprised at how many people think Pikkon is canon. And I don't see how people believing Fusion being addition, Goku using Kaioken as a SSJ and Broly only screams bloody mary in all of his movies are just wishful thinking. All these and more are especially heavy in Youtube and Twitter.

Those weren't wishful thinking, I just haven't heard those arguments. Then again, the only DBtubers I follow are MasakoX and Totally Not Mark (I follow other anitubers that occasionally do DB but they're the only specifically DB ones)

Btw, (and this is just imo and speculation) the Zeno would've wiped out everything anyway was just damage control on Toei's part. The damage was already done and people were not happy with Goku being responsible for all that so they added that Zeno would've destroyed everything anyway and not that he's fickle like that. They didn't imply that while Goku was ignoring Beerus.

Take what I say with a grain of salt though, as while I like Goku, I don't really like his characterization after Z.

@Cal

I don't see how it invalidates his arc in the Cell Saga or the future arc honestly. And Black and Zamasu did kill everybody before Trunks and the gang came back in the manga but Trunks also apparently gives less of a **** in the ending in the manga....

iirc the zeno thing was in the manga version as well, only nobody blamed Goku for it.

And Masako and TNM are great content creators, but just go on any of the clips or heck even Geekdoms comments and ugh...

Thread is past 400 comments. Someone should make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back