• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonborn vs The Unbeliever

Ah yes High 1-B hax vs 1-B hax

Wait, Dragonborn has no godly regen? Or... anything High 1-B that's axrually defense instead of offensive?

Doesent she look at him and win?

If he doesn't have a way to come back, yes.

She doesn't even need to look at him, really. If she looks in his general direction, the entire location he's standing in could disappear right then and there.

But, yeah. If I'm not looking at this incorrectly, Jessica walks right through Dovah in this scenario. Like, she just sort of looks in his direction and he gets wiped off the face of the universe without any hope of retaliation.

Should be. John lists her as one of three people who would easily beat Merlin Satanspawn if she were to go up against him while he was in his prime. Merlin in his prime is comparable to Lilith's avatar, and erasing him would mean getting through his magic protections, which are explicitly noted to exist on more than one level of reality.

You also have the fact that even the Street of the Gods closes up shop when she's on her rampages. Same Street of the Gods is stated to have higher-dimensional "psychonauts" residing in it, as well as abstracts and conceptuals.

I've kind of been saying that, but I was waiting for someone to come and (maybe?) convince me otherwise...

Since, you know, TES is infamous for having broken characters now, and all.

Well, the Dovahkiin only has two tier 1 stuffs. Staff of Magnus, which is Low 1-C and gets power nulled and Mora's Grasp, which is a thought-based BFR that can send his enemies to a High 1-B realm.

Edit: Mora's Grasp actually send you between Mundus and Oblivion. Which means between Low 1-C and High 1-B.

Waria Kambang said:
Well, the Dovahkiin only has two tier 1 stuffs. Staff of Magnus, which is Low 1-C and gets power nulled and Mora's Grasp, which is a thought-based BFR that can send his enemies to a High 1-B realm.
Edit: Mora's Grasp actually send you between Mundus and Oblivion. Which means between Low 1-C and High 1-B.
Wait not only the staff and the BFR he has auriels bow and the shield so he has 4

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
Well, while those two artifacts have lore to back up said claim (being created and imbued with power by Anui-El to defeat Lorkhan and having Aetherius as it's power source), considering their feats, I think the most safe assumption would be to assume that it scales to the rest of the daedric artifacts, which are Low 2-C.

Those are user blog, not official pages. I do agree with the Auriel's Shield and Auriel's Bow blogs, but Auriel's Bow has an anti-feat of not being able to literally shot through Harkon's shield, so there is that to consider. The Savior's Hide blog is wrong considering that Dagon was not summoned in Oblivion and all Daedric Princes are nerfed to Low 2-C while they are in Mundus.

Waria Kambang said:
Those are user blog, not official pages. I do agree with the Auriel's Shield and Auriel's Bow blogs, but Auriel's Bow has an anti-feat of not being able to literally shot through Harkon's shield. The Savior's Hide blog is wrong considering that Dagon was not summoned in Oblivion and all Daedric Princes are nerfed to Low 2-C while they are in Mundus.
it would be nice to have all of this profiles on the main page those could help a lot of people when doing a VS with TES

Also would that not be game mechanics the whole "not being able to pierce harkons shield" going by lore the bow would have pierce harkon even before he could rise his shield

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
Waria Kambang said:
Those are user blog, not official pages. I do agree with the Auriel's Shield and Auriel's Bow blogs, but Auriel's Bow has an anti-feat of not being able to literally shot through Harkon's shield. The Savior's Hide blog is wrong considering that Dagon was not summoned in Oblivion and all Daedric Princes are nerfed to Low 2-C while they are in Mundus.
it would be nice to have all of this profiles on the main page those could help a lot of people when doing a VS with TES
Also would that not be game mechanics the whole "not being able to pierce harkons shield" going by lore the bow would have pierce harkon even before he could rise his shield
Well, based on KongKing's blog, the bow really only display the Sun feats when you are using the sunhallowed and the bloodcursed arrows, so I would assume that it has something to do with that. Anyway, this might be derailing so we should stop.

Yeah, I don't think any of that actually makes a difference in regards to Jessica just looking his way and erasing him and his surroundings from existence.

Like even if the shield is High 1-B and protects him from everything that could possibly touch him (which, FYI, I'd need some citations for that), he won't even have time to use it before Jessica's unbelief kicks in. He'll be gone from the multiverse before the fight even starts.

I'unno. We never see her encounter anything like that.

The Harrowing are stated to be "not real, just constructs", but they're never mentioned in the same books as her. Far lesser powers were able to affect those things, so it's possible (and probably likely) that hers could too, but there's nothing definite.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Yeah, I don't think any of that actually makes a difference in regards to Jessica just looking his way and erasing him and his surroundings from existence.
Like even if the shield is High 1-B and protects him from everything that could possibly touch him (which, FYI, I'd need some citations for that), he won't even have time to use it before Jessica's unbelief kicks in. He'll be gone from the multiverse before the fight even starts.
Is her unbelief passive or what?

Waria Kambang said:
Is her unbelief passive or what?
Basically. Whatever she looks at just flat out doesn't exist anymore unless she has some prior reason to believe it does. The only reason John Taylor was able to talk to her without being erased was because he had extensive prior knowledge of her abilities and was able to convince her from afar that he had possession of something she absolutely had to believe in. (Which he did, in the end)

Also, her unbelief protects her from harm by nulling whatever's used on her. The whole Nightside and everything in it are unable to affect her with anything because she doesn't believe anything done to her is real. And as I said on another thread just now, I know that reads like an NLF, but the nature of the setting and its characters makes "anything" an extremely wide and far-reaching umbrella.

Anyway, yeah. This seems like an absolutely horrendous stomp in her favor. Such is the issue with using a character like this.

Waria Kambang said:
Those are user blog, not official pages. I do agree with the Auriel's Shield and Auriel's Bow blogs, but Auriel's Bow has an anti-feat of not being able to literally shot through Harkon's shield, so there is that to consider. The Savior's Hide blog is wrong considering that Dagon was not summoned in Oblivion and all Daedric Princes are nerfed to Low 2-C while they are in Mundus.
They list the feats regardless, so you can't just ignore them.

Also, your insistence that the Savior's Hide only affected the princes while they were in Mundus is repeatedly shown to be false by the literal text of the feats, considering that feat was against Dagon's true form and not an avatar that would, yes, be Low 2-C

Hl3 or bust said:
Waria Kambang said:
They list the feats regardless, so you can't just ignore them.
Also, your insistence that the Savior's Hide only affected the princes while they were in Mundus is repeatedly shown to be false by the literal text of the feats, considering that feat was against Dagon's true form and not an avatar that would, yes, be Low 2-C
I said that I agree with them. There's a difference between ignoring them and agreeing with the blogs while acknowledging the anti-feat that exist in-game.

Except that's what the user blog told you, and my whole point is that that it's wrong. If they are already in Oblivion, why did Mehrunes Dagon power was said to be casted to Oblivion? Why would he be banished to a place that he was already in? It doesn't make sense.

"He dared to scheme against Lord Dagon, and won. When his trick succeeded, Dagon was cast into Oblivion." - Tal Marog Ker's Researches

Back