• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dream Devourer Lavos vs Outside of Material Space Oryx

It's actually most of his powers passive in this key, due to it being his Throne World. If you can't get by thw Sword Logic of oryx you're kinda ******

Wait, the lavos that inconned with pre upgrade akka (albeit as a low 2-C) got used? Why?

I don't know, wok. I really don't know.

I mean, Oryx could probably reach out and touch the dupes, but I don't know if he could get to the nonexistent ones.

Or if he could affect Lavos at all, given they're all non corporeal nonexistent beings.

As for how Lavos could kill Oryx, I really don't know. I guess passively om-nomming + type 2 conceptual destruction + resistance negation + existence/non-existence erasure would be enough to delet Oryx.

Actually, given Lavos ability to create/dispel/replace pocket-realities, maybe he could....delete Oryx's throneworld? Probably not given it's scale and how it works, but it'd be worth a shot.

This doesn't matter if he can affect nonexistent beings tho, in which Lavos gets immediately taken and Oryx gets all his powers and then kills all the other Lavos dupe.

Oryx should be capable of affecting non-existent beings. Lesser witches in the Hive are capable of absorbing Void Light from Guardians directly and manipulating it for their rituals.

Yeah manipulating the Void isn't hard for anyone to do in the series, and the Throne Worlds were carved out of some inchoate primal nothingness if Mara's taken as correct. There's also how the Taken themselves are erased and reforged by The Darkness, even radiating this nothingness as they decay the universe itself. (Also Taking's an ontological weapon, and every other ontological weapon mentioned was erasure). The whole nonexistence bit shouldn't be too hard.

Non corporeality doesn't really matter either.

Type 2 concept manip's a resistance, as is resistance negation. Oryx's resistances are strong enough to resist his own active abilities besides his resistance negation, and he was totally fine when his daughters were singing.

Lavos would need to overcome Oryx at the absolute apex of his Sword Logic power to even try and interfere with his own throne. That doesn't really seem possible. Also it's only really technically a pocket realm, given the quote that just flat out says its infinitely large.

Isn't Sword Logic something like "I've killed more people than you so I'm better than you" or something? Or was that only Warpriest?

That's the general gist of it, but I wrote a page now

2-A oryx would have killed all those species he destroyed over his billions of years of life, all the guys he Took across all time, and of course the vastly beyond standard infinity number of Vex because 2-A Oryx is the Oryx the Vex knew would destroy them as a whole

It's technically a neutral power, but if Lavos doesn't even know it exists it won't be able to use it.

Back