• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping the Riordanverse Tier by smiting it with Zeus' Lightning Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, small city level striking for high tier demigods? Or do we have better feats?
This is where I can see some of the stronger ones not named Percy or Jason going. Although there is the 10 times multiplier Enceladus introduces, which is interesting to me now when it would bring the other giants to a bit under an attack that severely injured a younger Percy's. Which supports the idea of demigods downscaling from Percy.

Every top tier demigod scales to Percy’s durability (16.32 megatons) from the Mount Saint Helens explosion
Do you have the calc for this? We'll need to get it evaluated if we want to apply it.

This is where I can see some of the stronger ones not named Percy or Jason going. Although there is the 10 times multiplier Enceladus introduces, which is interesting to me now when it would bring the other giants to a bit under an attack that severely injured a younger Percy's. Which supports the idea of demigods downscaling from Percy.

Do you have the calc for this? We'll need to get it evaluated if we want to apply it.
I don’t think it needs a calc? Mount Saint Helens already has a confirmed explosive value of 24 megatons and you just multiply it by 0.68 since that’s Percy’s surface area

I can blog it though

Chaos should be at least 2-C, for birthing the whole cosmology which consists of multiple other worlds, including the Duat as well as the 9 realms intertwined with Yggdrasil.
I don't think the 9 worlds are alternate universes, especially when they basically overlap with places in our universe even in lore (for example, Nidavellir is right beneth Midgard, and Alfheim in the air. Hellheim and Nifelheim seems to be connected too. Same goes for Nifelheim and Jotunheim. My pronunciations may be incorrect)

The Duat may actually be universal in size, but it's not really separate. The mist for example, exists in the regular world but it's just a part of the Duat that leaks into our world

Yes, you are wrong.
Nine Worlds are nine separate layers of reality.
T.J. pushed his empty plate away. “Magnus, I don’t know if it helps, but the Nine Worlds aren’t really separate planets. They’re more like…different dimensions, different layers of reality, all connected by the World Tree.”
-The Sword of Summer, Chapter Eighteen-
Behind Surt, Jack slashed the air, ripping the fabric between the worlds. A zigzag of fire burned on the ridge. My ears popped. As if someone had shot out of the window in an aeroplane’s pressurized cabin, Surt and the other fire giants were sucked screaming into the rift, which closed behind them.
'Bye!’ Jack called. ‘Catch you later!’
Except for the outraged snarling of the Wolf, the island was silent.
-Sword of Summer, Chapter Sixty Six-
And Duat is a separate dimension which contains infinite dimensions.
I didn’t understand what I was looking at, but Nekhbet did. Having her sight, I recognized the Duat— the magical dimension that existed beneath the mortal realm. I saw layers of reality, like strata of glowing multicolored jelly, plunging down into infinity. On the surface, where the mortal and immortal worlds met, Setne was whipping the Duat into a storm—churning waves of color and frothy white plumes of smoke.
-Crown of Ptolemy-
I should have been terrified. Seeing the world in all its infinite levels was enough to give anybody vertigo.
-Crown of Ptolemy-
Also Ginnungagap and Chaos are completely different. Ginnungagap is a gray/white mist.
She tightened her grip. ‘Do you want to fall into the Gap?’
I got a feeling she wasn’t talking about the clothing store. Looking below me, I saw nothing – just endless grey. I decided I did not want to fall into it.
-Sword of Summer, Chapter Eight-
The tree had to be rooted somewhere, but I felt woozy and unbalanced – as if Yggdrasil and everything it contained, including my world, was free-floating in primordial mist – the Ginnungagap.
İf I fell here, in the best-case scenario I’d hit another branch and break my neck. Worst-case scenario, I’d keep falling forever into the Great White Nothingness.
-Sword of Summer, Chapter Thirty seven-
Chaos, on the other hand, is purple and certainly isn't a mist.
I rose to my feet—I don’t know how—and found myself on a blade of obsidian, jutting over an endless churning sea of umber and violet. With a combination of horror and fascination, I realized I was standing on the brink of Chaos.
-Tower of Nero-
Not: The Aesir gods and the Vanir gods nearly destroyed the Nine Worlds as they fought. Therefore, the Aesir Gods and Vanir Gods must be upgraded to universal.
Gunilla looked like she wanted to argue, but she let it drop. “Whatever the case, the gods are divided into two tribes. The Aesir are mostly gods of war: Odin, Thor, Tyr, and the rest. The Vanir are more like the gods of nature: Frey, Freya, their father, Njord. That’s an oversimplification, but anyway—long ago, the two tribes had a war. They almost destroyed the Nine Worlds.
-Sword of Summer, Chapter Twenty-One-
Ymir, who killed by Odin and his two brothers, is bigger than Midgard universe.
True story: Long ago, before anything was anything, frost from Niflheim spread into Ginnungagap and met with fire coming from Muspellheim. No big surprise, the frost melted. Some drops turned into a humungous giant named Ymir. A few generations later, Odin and his brothers Vili and Ve killed Ymir and turned his body parts into Midgard’s oceans, sky, earth, and plants. Ever since then, the giants have hated the gods.
-Hotel Valhalla: Survival Guide to the Norse Worlds-
HOME WORLD: He is literally every part of Midgard.
APPEARANCE: Before he was killed by Odin and company, was gigantic. Afterward, not so much.
BEST KNOWN FOR: Being sliced and diced by Odin and his brothers, who used his body parts to make Midgard.
-Hotel Valhalla: Guide for the Norse Worlds-
His size must have been comparable to Audumbla, who was big enough to sat around the Ginnungagap.
İnstead, I’ll tell you about the cow, Audhumbla. She was in the Gap with me. And she was big. (How big was she?) That cow was so big, when she sat around the Gap, she really sat around the Gap!
-Hotel Valhalla: Guide to the Norse Worlds-
Ginnungagap contains Yggdrasill, which contains nine worlds.
On the World Tree, every branch would hold me. The biggest ones were wider than Interstate 93. The smallest were as large as your average redwood. As for Yggdrasil’s trunk, it was so immense it just didn’t compute. Each crevice in its surface seemed to lead to a different world, as if someone had wrapped tree bark around a column of television monitors glowing with a million different movies.
The wind roared, ripping at my new denim jacket. Beyond the tree’s canopy I saw nothing but a hazy white glow. Below was no ground – just more branches crisscrossing the void. The tree had to be rooted somewhere, but I felt woozy and unbalanced – as if Yggdrasil and everything it contained, including my world, was free-floating in primordial mist – the Ginnungagap.
This places Odin ten times above base 3-A.
And Nekhbet can tank Setne's attacks.
I discarded my sword and lunged in front of the girls, spreading my arms goalie-style. A shell of purple light surrounded me, and the flames rolled harmlessly over translucent wings that now extended on either side of me.
With my new accessories I was able to shield Sadie and Annabeth from the worst of the blast.
I spiralled into the storm, shaking Setne, trying to knock the crown off his head, but the dude must have fastened it to his pompadour with superglue.
He blasted me with fire and flashes of light. My bird exoskeleton deflected the attacks, but, each time, the purple avatar dimmed, and my wings felt heavier.
-Crown of Ptolemy-
Setne's spell can cleaving through the layers of Duat, gradually destroying the boundaries between the mortal world and the Duat.
I remembered the way Setne had been strip-mining the Duat – cutting fissures in reality, destroying the entire cosmic order to make himself immortal.
Still, we were both disturbed by the way Setne’s spell tore through the Mist. He wasn’t just manipulating it. Magicians did that all the time. Setne was strip-mining the Duat. Wherever he stepped, fractures radiated outward, cleaving through the layers of the magic realm. His body sucked in energy from every direction, destroying the boundaries between the Duat and the mortal world, between Greek magic and Egyptian magic – slowly transforming him into an immortal. In the process, he was ripping a hole in the cosmic order that might never close.
-Crown of Ptolemy -
So Nekhbet, and most of Egyptian Gods, should be upgraded to Low Multiversal.
His head swelled. His jaw unhinged until his mouth was four times too big. His eyes bulged like grapefruits. His hair stuck straight up like Bast’s. He shook his face and waggled his slimy green tongue and roared BOOOO! so loudly, the sound rolled across the Thames like a cannon shot. This blast of pure ugly blew the feathers off Nekhbet’s cloak and drained all the color from her face. It ripped away the essence of the goddess like tissue paper in a storm. The only thing left was a dazed old woman in a flower-print dress, squatting on the lamppost.
-Throne of Fire, Chapter 8-
Too late. Like a skunk, the dwarf god activated his default defense. His eyes bulged out. His mouth opened impossibly wide. He yelled “BOO!” so loudly, my hair parted, and icicles rained down from the bridge’s streetlamps.
Set didn’t look the least bit fazed.
"Hello, Bes,” he said. “Really, you’re not so scary with chocolate smeared on your face.”
-Throne of Fire, Chapter 11-
First tip on fighting a giant Chaos serpent: Don’t.
Even with a squadron of gods and magicians at your back, it’s not a battle you’re likely to win. I got clued in to this as we charged closer and the world seemed to fracture. I realized Apophis wasn’t just coiling in and out of the desert, wrapping himself around the pyramids. He was coiling in and out of the Duat, splintering reality into different layers. Trying to find him was like running through a fun house full of mirrors, each mirror leading to another fun house filled with more mirrors.
Our friends began to split up. All around us, gods and magicians became isolated, some sinking deeper into the Duat than others. We fought a single enemy, but we were each fighting only a fragment of his power.
-The Serpent's Shadow, Chapter 19-

Here I have made it clear why the Norse Gods and the Egyptian Gods must be Universal. If others agree, ı can apply it.
Also Setne with Crown must be upgraded to High Multiversal. He can absorb all of the Duat. I can't find the quote for now.

Chaos, on the other hand, is purple and certainly isn't a mist.
Chaos actually has been referred to as a mist on other occasions. Like here.
So Nekhbet, and most of Egyptian Gods, should be upgraded to Low Multiversal.
Pretty sure that feat isn't low multiversal. He wasn't affecting even 1 entire layer, just small parts of multiple layers.
He can absorb all of the Duat. I can't find the quote for now.
You can't find it because it was never stated.

Chaos actually has been referred to as a mist on other occasions. Like here.

Pretty sure that feat isn't low multiversal. He wasn't affecting even 1 entire layer, just small parts of multiple layers.

You can't find it because it was never stated.
For the last part, I don’t know if this is what he was referring to but I found this in Setne’s respect thread, I haven’t read the crossovers or anything so I don’t know the full situation
Edit: Just saw that they were reposted above but with these quotes I could see why the assumption was made.
Setne was strip-mining the Duat. Wherever he stepped, fractures radiated outward, cleaving through the layers of the magical realm. His body sucked in energy from every direction, destroying the boundaries between the Duat and the mortal world, between Greek magic and Egyptian magic—slowly transforming himself into an immortal.

Page 162

“I remembered the way Setne had been strip-mining the Duat—cutting fissures in reality, destroying the entire cosmic order to make himself immortal.”

Last edited:
For the last part, I don’t know if this is what he was referring to but I found this in Setne’s respect thread, I haven’t read the last of crossovers and don’t really have the context for it besides the baseline crossover stuff
Entirely different statement that they already sent. It doesn't refer to absorbing the Duat.

Entirely different statement that they already sent. It doesn't refer to absorbing the Duat.
I realized they already sent the statement but the claim still kindve stands right?

Also in context, wouldn’t the process being called strip mining mean that he was absorbing magic from the duat?

I realized they already sent the statement but the claim still kindve stands right?

Also in context, wouldn’t the process being called strip mining mean that he was absorbing magic from the duat?
Magic yeah, this guys is claiming he was going to absorb the entire Duat. But we'll shelve this for now cuz I don't wanna derail too much.

For the Greek stuff, we should calc the feats mentioned earlier and end this thread. Epyptian/Norse world revision should wait after this thread

Not sure if Trials of Apollo has any more feats, but high tier demigods should be stronger than the likes of Meg, and Lester with his bursts of limited god power is likely superior to the demigods

Also dumb question, would the Riodan Presents Books get profiles? They're not canon but they incorporate Hindu, Mayan and Mesopotamian Pantheons

Also dumb question, would the Riodan Presents Books get profiles? They're not canon but they incorporate Hindu, Mayan and Mesopotamian Pantheons
If they aren't show to be in the same universe, then no. The thing with the others is that they are all canon to each other too (with Percy and Annabeth meeting Carter and Sadie in Demigods and Magucian, Drew Tanka, Piper's enemy in the Aphrodite cabin, also learns in the same school Sadie goes to, and Magnus is Annabeth's cousin and met her several times. A big part of the final book is based on Magnus meeting Percy and learning from him)

If they aren't show to be in the same universe, then no. The thing with the others is that they are all canon to each other too (with Percy and Annabeth meeting Carter and Sadie in Demigods and Magucian, Drew Tanka, Piper's enemy in the Aphrodite cabin, also learns in the same school Sadie goes to, and Magnus is Annabeth's cousin and met her several times. A big part of the final book is based on Magnus meeting Percy and learning from him)
I’m suggesting them as a separate verse page, I ask because they’re very Jackson influenced

I’m going to go ahead and list all the best AP feats that occur for the demigods, for those that think Tier 9 demigods is still a thing.

Leo’s Supernova: like High 7-A
Jason creates a storm: 7-A
Percy surviving Mount Saint Helens: 7-B
Khione creating freezing rain: 7-B
Nico creating a crevice down to the Underworld: Low 7-B
Enceladus shaking Mount Diablo: 7-C+
Percy Jackson obliterating an iceberg: 7-C
Hazel sinks a small island: Low 7-C
Jason survives a point blank explosion: Low 7-C
How many of these have been blogged and evaluated?

Jason making a storm and Enceladus shaking Mt. Diablo are blogged but not evaluated I think. I think Jason tanking the explosion was also accepted at one point, but just not used on the pages. Khione and Nico calcs were done on other sites but I can copy them onto a blog so they can be evaluated.

Anyone have the links to some of the calcs? I can get them blogged if needed
I’m going to go ahead and list all the best AP feats that occur for the demigods, for those that think Tier 9 demigods is still a thing.

Leo’s Supernova: like High 7-A
Jason creates a storm: 7-A
Percy surviving Mount Saint Helens: 7-B
Khione creating freezing rain: 7-B
Nico creating a crevice down to the Underworld: Low 7-B
Enceladus shaking Mount Diablo: 7-C+
Percy Jackson obliterating an iceberg: 7-C
Hazel sinks a small island: Low 7-C
Jason survives a point blank explosion: Low 7-C
Some may be already blogged I think

The only things not blogged are the Leo and Hazel ones I believe. The Hazel one was a rough value done way earlier in this thread or an earlier thread. But that Leo feat hasn't actually been calced. The value there is a guess. I should note that I calced the Enceladus feat to low 7-B, so the value there is outdated.

Should Piper scale to Low 7-B via staggering Enceladus by hitting him with her dagger hilt, while Enceladus could withstand being in the epicenter of his earthquake without losing his balance

Should Piper scale to Low 7-B via staggering Enceladus by hitting him with her dagger hilt, while Enceladus could withstand being in the epicenter of his earthquake without losing his balance
Not falling down in an earthquake doesn't make you scale to it. Although Enceladus would scale to low 7-B via the earthquake feat being from his own striking strength, so it scales directly to his durability. Although I'm having trouble finding the exact moment she hits him with her dagger hilt (there's a part where she stabs him in the forehead but I assume you mean a different scene) do you have the quote? Preferably I wouldn't want to scale AP to someone's durability unless they can actually deal some level of damage with their attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back