• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dystopian Grapnel (Monsoon vs High-Flyer) [GRACE]

Monsoon has a 2.37x AP advantage while High-Flyer has a 21x LS advantage so physicals are a rather split game. Both are experienced ninjas but Monsoon being seemingly older should give an experience edge while idk much about skill in Metal Gear besides all of Snake’s stuff while High-Flyer could keep up with Pure Form Cinner who has ESP and Analytical Prediction and had taken on many opponents with more experience than him. It seems like this’ll come down to their abilities so I’ll wait for Leo to give me a rundown of Monsoon’s style.

• Speed is equqlzied
  • Fibber takes place where the Raiden vs Monsoon fight did
Dude, you good?

Anyways, the Monsus Battle Bus is opening with red phosphorus grenades and attacking High-Flyer from all sides. His sais negate durability (High frequency weapons go brrrr), and almost all melee attacks become pretty much useless because of Monsoon's instinctive dodging with being able to split himself into pieces. He also has his TK which he will use to throw helicopters and other random crap at High-Flyer, all while trash-talking High-Flyer throughout the entire duration of the fight.

I gave M1nty some edibles
Shut up man
Anyways, the Monsus Battle Bus is opening with red phosphorus grenades and attacking High-Flyer from all sides. His sais negate durability (High frequency weapons go brrrr), and almost all melee attacks become pretty much useless because of Monsoon's instinctive dodging with being able to split himself into pieces. He also has his TK which he will use to throw helicopters and other random crap at High-Flyer, all while trash-talking High-Flyer throughout the entire duration of the fight.
High-Flyer’s enhanced hearing should let him see the grenades coming and grapple to a higher point where they won’t affect his vision. The sai’s vibrations will be dangerous though, but High-Flyer has his shuriken to avoid close combat and make him unable to be touched briefly along with his LS and Wrap Around to steal Dystopia like he tried to do with Lifeline. And while Monsoon has IR, his movements will be slowed as long as he’s within Several Meters of High-Flyer. Plus he just splits in half which the grapples chain could deal with, letting HF grab him regardless once it comes back around. As for him throwing things, it’ll be hard to stick when HF can take advantage of said helicopters by grabbing onto them himself and coming crashing down, maybe even throwing Monsoon into them with Toss Up while he attaches to another point.

Shut up man
You tell him.
High-Flyer’s enhanced hearing should let him see the grenades coming and grapple to a higher point where they won’t affect his vision. The sai’s vibrations will be dangerous though, but High-Flyer has his shuriken to avoid close combat and make him unable to be touched briefly along with his LS and Wrap Around to steal Dystopia like he tried to do with Lifeline. And while Monsoon has IR, his movements will be slowed as long as he’s within Several Meters of High-Flyer. Plus he just splits in half which the grapples chain could deal with, letting HF grab him regardless once it comes back around. As for him throwing things, it’ll be hard to stick when HF can take advantage of said helicopters by grabbing onto them himself and coming crashing down, maybe even throwing Monsoon into them with Toss Up while he attaches to another point.
Monsoon should be able to instinctively dodge the shuriken, Toss Up, and Wrap Around. He isn't limited to just splitting in half and should be able to deal with his grappling hook and shuriken together. Monsoon is also shown to fire off electricity blasts during his fight against Raiden, which should be able to work around the Ki field.

Helicopter ping pong

You tell him.

Monsoon should be able to instinctively dodge the shuriken, Toss Up, and Wrap Around. He isn't limited to just splitting in half and should be able to deal with his grappling hook and shuriken together. Monsoon is also shown to fire off electricity blasts during his fight against Raiden, which should be able to work around the Ki field.

Helicopter ping pong
Slowing Field and High-Flyer’s general agility/midair maneuverability should give him a chance to land some good hits. And it seems like Monsoon’s points are still connected by electricity, so if his hand gets grabbed the rest should go with it. It’s said that his parts can’t be detached too long for him to breathe. I also noticed his neck wasn’t detaching, so that being wrapped could work. And High-Flyer’s fireball form should work since it’s about as big as HF himself who’s nearing 6 feet and Monsoon has no heat resistance. His aura also shouldn’t be able to dissipate the Slowing Field since that’s an ability unique to Cinner and HF has electricity resistance.

Possibly, but HF likely just uses the helicopters to get around better and catch Monsoon.

Last edited:
It seems like this comes down to who catches the other first. High-Flyer likely has dexterity and skill with Cinner scaling plus his own feats of traversing a city quickly and his style of fighting. He also has his fireball transformation for a flying attack Monsoon can’t counter and LS to take advantage of Monsoon’s TK attacks and strip him of his weapon. On the other hand, Monsoon can negate durability and make himself harder to hit even if there’ll be a slight lag. He’s also stronger and more durable and has resilient immortality plus resistance to pain. It seems the only way High-Flyer can win is turning his brain to mush either with his Grapple or Fireball. As for weaknesses, HF’s fireball form has a strict time limit which can be used against him if Monsoon is quicker on the draw while Monsoon is overconfident and if his body parts are successfully taken by HF, they’ll lose oxygen, killing them.

Can HF actually hit Monsoon? His splitting is entirely based on instinct and even Raiden has a pretty hard time hitting him at all
Instinctive reaction should be comparable to Analytical Prediction in terms of dodging attacks which High-Flyer has dealt with before. And like mentioned Monsoon seemingly can’t split his head/neck, so a chokehold could work especially with HF stomping in LS and splitting won’t stop High-Flyer’s Fireball Transformation from burning him.

Instinctive reaction should be comparable to Analytical Prediction in terms of dodging attacks
Is it really? Being based on instinct implies it’s automatic, so he wouldn’t really need to be predicting movements from HF, his body would split optimally on its own

Is it really? Being based on instinct implies it’s automatic, so he wouldn’t really need to be predicting movements from HF, his body would split optimally on its own
  • Precognition: Instinctive Action is similar to Precognition in that it allows the user to move ahead of time without delay, however precognition doesn't move the user automatically from danger, it just alerts of it.
  • Enhanced Senses and/or Extrasensory Perception: The means to detect incoming danger or when it's convenient to act in some way may be through any of this two powers, but a user of Instinctive Action doesn't necessarily have them.
They’re decently similar, and High-Flyer has a good AOE option to catch him along with slowing. Monsoon’s losing a good second with how much he’s slowed which in a fast paced fight like this is deadly.

Memesoon can also fire lasers, which should be able to bypass HF's Ki field.
The field slows all in its proximity including projectiles. Cinner launched metal scraps at him and while he heard them coming, he also slowed them just to make it easier. The point of his field is showing how much quicker he is to action than everyone else, it doesn’t have a filter on what it works on. Plus he has non-phys and can grapple away/phase if he’s thrown his shuriken.

I don’t see much room for monsoon in this, does he even have wincons? The match doesn’t smell like a stomp though, and I haven’t exactly read the previous stuff 🗿 is there a summary?

I don’t see much room for monsoon in this, does he even have wincons? The match doesn’t smell like a stomp though, and I haven’t exactly read the previous stuff 🗿 is there a summary?
His dura neg will work and basically instakill and HF will have to put up a lot of effort to catch him since I’m pretty sure the guy is 6’7 without splitting while his fireball is just relative to HF who’s 5’10. And High-Flyer will have to push himself far to get a kill which seems like the only way to get Monsoon down.
It seems like this comes down to who catches the other first. High-Flyer likely has dexterity and skill with Cinner scaling plus his own feats of traversing a city quickly and his style of fighting. He also has his fireball transformation for a flying attack Monsoon can’t counter and LS to take advantage of Monsoon’s TK attacks and strip him of his weapon. On the other hand, Monsoon can negate durability and make himself harder to hit even if there’ll be a slight lag. He’s also stronger and more durable and has resilient immortality plus resistance to pain. It seems the only way High-Flyer can win is turning his brain to mush either with his Grapple or Fireball. As for weaknesses, HF’s fireball form has a strict time limit which can be used against him if Monsoon is quicker on the draw while Monsoon is overconfident and if his body parts are successfully taken by HF, they’ll lose oxygen, killing them.
Here’s my summary

I’ll just ask if Monsoon has any significant skill scaling/feats to turn the tides. I know Metal Gear is infamous for skill because of Snake but idk much about Raiden besides he was trained in high tech simulations and of course was good enough to be the protagonist. And Monsoon scales to him I think.

I’ll just ask if Monsoon has any significant skill scaling/feats to turn the tides. I know Metal Gear is infamous for skill because of Snake but idk much about Raiden besides he was trained in high tech simulations and of course was good enough to be the protagonist. And Monsoon scales to him I think.
Raiden is like so far beyond snake with skill it isn’t even funny. I’ve been through every single metal gear game, snake doesn’t ever do anything like Raiden does. Snake might have better CQC but Raiden is a lot stronger in pretty much all other aspects

I was voting assuming that High Flyer could handle that kind of skill, but given that I suppose you weren’t sure of how skilled monsoon actually was, I may take it back for now 🗿

Raiden is like so far beyond snake with skill it isn’t even funny. I’ve been through every single metal gear game, snake doesn’t ever do anything like Raiden does. Snake might have better CQC but Raiden is a lot stronger in pretty much all other aspects

I was voting assuming that High Flyer could handle that kind of skill, but given that I suppose you weren’t sure of how skilled monsoon actually was, I may take it back for now 🗿
Well the guy is still relative to Cinner who has a plethora of feats I’ve listed like the Ancient Giant stuff and fought him in his Pure Form, landing good hits even with the heightened sensing. He low diffed Streak who was also comparable to Cinner at least in weapon skill and had dura neg. He fought Fetter who was a tier above the Low 7-B’s and could deal with Loot, Vann, and Streak in rapid succession and working together for a period alone and alongside Cinner. He also made Cinner focus so much on dealing with him, the focus energy eventually manifested into Rinser. Both of these verses have skill gods it seems.

Also another Cinner skill feat I added while writing the Fetter fights. He dodged chains within a paper’s width which is great for his acrobatics and by proxy High-Flyer since he could fight in tandem with him, even doing some combo attacks. A little nod to Black Star and dodging within a paper’s width is just cool and impressive.

Also another Cinner skill feat I added while writing the Fetter fights. He dodged chains within a paper’s width which is great for his acrobatics and by proxy High-Flyer since he could fight in tandem with him, even doing some combo attacks. A little nod to Black Star and dodging within a paper’s width is just cool and impressive.
So you can stop yapping
Flyer is High fra

Skill is prolly pretty similar then, so it’ll still be hard but I think HF wins eventually so I’ll keep my vote there

Added to profiles. From everything laid out it seems this is a high diff fight but High-Flyer’s speed and evasion based kit keeps him alive long enough to deal the finishing blow.

Back