• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

raiden genshin impact vs raiden metal gear rising revengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the first bit because that doesn't actually say anything of note here besides "she can cease a bunch of random individual storms across the planet" (so not big AOE, just range) and "she conjured a storm" (so not AOE, just basic storm stuff), aka, nothing that's gonna enable her to just huge multi km boom the whole area.

Then that should be what is used unless there's a cutscene or actual display shown otherwise, in which case how big are those? Are we talking like like multi-km booms? Or just a handful of meter blasts and what not? How big are those attacks? That's what she clearly uses in a combat scenario, so that's what we should be using, especially because storms ain't really AOE to begin with, they cover area, but it's not like the storm itself is entirely lethal like a huge blast, the lightning and maybe even winds within can be problematic, but the lightning still has to like, hit.

And how much is a "large amount of time", that's the issue, it's subjective, is it a second? A minute? A hour? A day? Even a week? We don't know, neither do you. The best you can deduce is long enough to not be overly problematic, but how long is that? Again, we don't know. Like can these other dudes not take care of themselves or last without her? If they're competent then yeah, maybe hours, days or even a week is long enough to not be a huge issue. Or maybe it could be super quick, but again, we don't know.
And then there's that, how would the people even know? Are you telling me if the president vanished right now, we, the public, would know right away? **** no, we probably wouldn't know ever. Does the nation not having any cover up, people to take her place in times of crisis, aids, and other such things? Why would the public even know? And even then, assume they don't, why does that imply it must be extremely fast? Are you implying the nation would find out within seconds or minutes so she must be able to res within seconds or minutes? Again, that's kind of ridiculous, honestly, if we think about this realistically, it'd probably be a few hours at most before even the closest associates realize anything is wrong, let alone the general populace. I don't buy this argument, even using your logic as to why it must be fast doesn't actually indicate it must be fast if you think about it.

Already did, which is why I'm saying, it's vague. The replacement process not being an issue doesn't mean it's snap her fingers and it's done. Bad food analogy time, it's not hard to cook, but it doesn't mean it's fast.
Storms technically do cover a lot of area and if she has control over all the thunder storms across the entire world, then the total area is quite large. It may not be an offensive application in a battle but it is still a showcase of her powers and abilities. A plot point in the Raiden Shogun's first Story Quest is the storm she is maintaining around Inazuma getting wilder and closer to Inazuma with people fearing catastrophic consequences. This apparently happened through an error with the Raiden Shogun and required only a small modification in order to be fixed which does show that this aspect of her powers could be used for more destructive purposes without much effort being needed.

The area in which you can move in those boss fights is in the tens of meters if I had to guess, so obviously nothing on the scale of kilometers would be included due to gameplay reasons and her larger area of effect attacks tend to cover the majority of that area or at least significant portions of it though they can be avoided if you act quickly enough which shouldn't be a problem for Raiden (Metal Gear). You can find more details about her attacks in the Notable Attacks/Techniques section of her profile and the Genshin Impact Wiki pages which cover her boss fights. Another noteworthy attack that we know she performed is a slash with which she split an entire island apart which is mentioned on her profile.

Technically the Raiden Shogun is the one who takes care of official matters for Ei unless she wants to personally get involved, so it's basically the person who would usually take her place being incapacitated and Ei herself not being able to go outside her Plane of Euthymia due to relying on the Raiden Shogun as a body. While there is the Tri-Commission and Yae Miko for when the Raiden Shogun and Ei aren't available the absence of the Raiden Shogun would still be noticeable. There are a good number of people who would usually interact with the Raiden Shogun on a regular basis and aren't aware of the difference between the Raiden Shogun puppet and Ei like the various high-ranking officials who execetute her decrees or report to her or the guards in front of the main building where the Raiden Shogun would usually reside and who'd know about it if she went out or in. There are also whatever visitors she may or may not expect at any given point since she made the point to announce that she wouldn't receive any visitors in her first Story Quest. The Raiden Shogun is also a lot more important to Inazuma than a president since she was there for 2000 years and is the God her people worship and pray to.

Yeah, that food analogy is indeed bad. The main point is whether or not this takes less or more than a day and an entire day would be an absolutely insane timeframe for a cooking process and I'd say that anyone who is basically forced to do something for that long due to unforeseen circumstances would have it at least a little bit hard unless it's something they don't mind or they enjoy it.

I just mean if we have no timeframe given for her reincarnation ability then you can't proclaim Raiden has no win con. Since its just as valid that she takes more than 24 hours to get a new body.
Calling it a reincarnation ability isn't exactly correct. The Raiden Shogun is a puppet that Ei built herself and she herself words it as simply getting a replacement.

Last edited:
Storms technically do cover a lot of area and if she has control over all the thunder storms across the entire world, then the total area is quite large. It may not be an offensive application in a battle but it is still a showcase of her powers and abilities. A plot point in the Raiden Shogun's first Story Quest is the storm she is maintaining around Inazuma getting wilder and closer to Inazuma with people fearing catastrophic consequences. This apparently happened through an error with the Raiden Shogun and required only a small modification in order to be fixed which does show that this aspect of her powers could be used for more destructive purposes without much effort being needed.

The area in which you can move in those boss fights is in the tens of meters if I had to guess, so obviously nothing on the scale of kilometers would be included due to gameplay reasons and her larger area of effect attacks tend to cover the majority of that area or at least significant portions of it though they can be avoided if you act quickly enough which shouldn't be a problem for Raiden (Metal Gear). You can find more details about her attacks in the Notable Attacks/Techniques section of her profile and the Genshin Impact Wiki pages which cover her boss fights. Another noteworthy attack that we know she performed is a slash with which she split an entire island apart which is mentioned on her profile.

Technically the Raiden Shogun is the one who takes care of official matters for Ei unless she wants to personally get involved, so it's basically the person who would usually take her place being incapacitated and Ei herself not being able to go outside her Plane of Euthymia due to relying on the Raiden Shogun as a body. While there is the Tri-Commission and Yae Miko for when the Raiden Shogun and Ei aren't available the absence of the Raiden Shogun would still be noticeable. There are a good number of people who would usually interact with the Raiden Shogun on a regular basis and aren't aware of the difference between the Raiden Shogun puppet and Ei like the various high-ranking officials who execetute her decrees or report to her or the guards in front of the main building where the Raiden Shogun would usually reside and who'd know about it if she went out or in. There are also whatever visitors she may or may not expect at any given point since she made the point to announce that she wouldn't receive any visitors in her first Story Quest. The Raiden Shogun is also a lot more important to Inazuma than a president since she was there for 2000 years and is the God her people worship and pray to.

Yeah, that food analogy is indeed bad. The main point is whether or not this takes less or more than a day and an entire day would be an absolutely insane timeframe for a cooking process and I'd say that anyone who is basically forced to do something for that long due to unforeseen circumstances would have it at least a little bit hard unless it's something they don't mind or they enjoy it.

Calling it a reincarnation ability isn't exactly correct. The Raiden Shogun is a puppet that Ei built herself and she herself words it as simply getting a replacement.
are you voting for raiden genshin impact

Storms technically do cover a lot of area and if she has control over all the thunder storms across the entire world, then the total area is quite large. It may not be an offensive application in a battle but it is still a showcase of her powers and abilities.

Not how it works, at all, because if it did, she'd be like 6-A.
She controls a bunch of individual storms that just so happen to be all over the planet, nothing more, nothing less, let's not pretend otherwise.

A plot point in the Raiden Shogun's first Story Quest is the storm she is maintaining around Inazuma getting wilder and closer to Inazuma with people fearing catastrophic consequences. This apparently happened through an error with the Raiden Shogun and required only a small modification in order to be fixed which does show that this aspect of her powers could be used for more destructive purposes without much effort being needed.

My dude, you mean how a normal storm functions? Like yeah a storm or hurricane is gonna **** up a nation eventually. That's barely destructive purposes in the way you're trying to argue it. It's literally basic environmental destruction.
That's completely and utterly useless in this match, if not matches in general.

A big storm isn't gonna help her beat Jack, really, it wouldn't help her beat anyone. It's a basic hurricane. And you still need to showcase she has such precision to like, slap a foe she can't see before he's on her ass. Given it's pretty obvious her storms don't output tier 6 energy on contact, they're like a normal hurricane, they have huge energy but that's totality, not a "you touch it and get erased from existence" type shit. Obviously she can shoot powerful lightning and what not from it, but that's not the same thing as the whole storm itself being that powerful.

The area in which you can move in those boss fights is in the tens of meters if I had to guess, so obviously nothing on the scale of kilometers would be included due to gameplay reasons and her larger area of effect attacks tend to cover the majority of that area or at least significant portions of it though they can be avoided if you act quickly enough which shouldn't be a problem for Raiden (Metal Gear).

Gameplay is one thing but that's still her main battle tactics and what not unless we have cutscenes that show otherwise or something, remember, just because they CAN doesn't mean they DO, you've shown "she can conjure big storms", that's it, not even offensively, not with enough precision to smack a foe far away, not enough to engulf and annihilate everything with tier 6 levels of power on contact, nothing like that. Literally just "big storm go brrrr", nothing that shows or even implies she can make huge multi km booms, magic spells or anything of the sort. Sorry lad but I can't really accept "make storm" = "make huge multi km encompassing attacks" without actual evidence beyond that or something.

You can find more details about her attacks in the Notable Attacks/Techniques section of her profile and the Genshin Impact Wiki pages which cover her boss fights. Another noteworthy attack that we know she performed is a slash with which she split an entire island apart which is mentioned on her profile.

I read it already, nothing with huge AOE shown.
That's better, but how's she going to get that off when she gets blitzed to hell and back? And is it a lead? Can you sincerely say she leads with huge geographical changing blows. Because I suspect that's very much not the case.

Prove she's gonna whip something like that out in character before she gets statued.

Literally none of that changes what I said, why would the general populace figure or become aware of this in such a ridiculously and unrealistic timeframe?

Bad, but the point remains.
Not really, everything you said is mere conjecture, when everything you've said is prefaced with "should", that in itself should be a redflag. Nothing you've said is concrete it's just "well it should be fast" they should know" "etc", that isn't how this works.
And who's to say it's insane? Why's a day absolutely unbelievable? Or even longer at that. You're acting like a day, or two, or even longer would lead to a societal collapse and everyone she interacts with would lose their minds at her absence.
Also lol wtf, a day or two of having to do just basic shit while waiting for her to pop back up isn't hard, have you never been called in to work on a off day or told to do something because someone is busy? It's completely normal and expected by like, anyone with a job. I don't really think "it's a slight inconvenience to people who literally work for her" is much of a counterpoint.

would be an absolutely insane timeframe for a cooking process

Unrelated but what? There's a bunch of shit that takes a day if not days to cook, it's not even uncommon, few times a month personally.

Jack amps or stealth's and goes brrrr. Unless you can prove this chick can respawn fast, not just guess, or that she's completely willing to lead with huge **** off AOE that changes the landscape despite what we normally see from her (Given I'm pretty sure the genshin land isn't littered with scared landscapes), this doesn't actually stop Jack from doing his thing.

are you voting for raiden genshin impact
I don't plan on voting here. I'd rather leave that to other people and instead just explain details like Raiden Shogun's range, area of effect and how she can come back from being destroyed.

Not how it works, at all, because if it did, she'd be like 6-A.
She controls a bunch of individual storms that just so happen to be all over the planet, nothing more, nothing less, let's not pretend otherwise.
My dude, you mean how a normal storm functions? Like yeah a storm or hurricane is gonna **** up a nation eventually. That's barely destructive purposes in the way you're trying to argue it. It's literally basic environmental destruction.
That's completely and utterly useless in this match, if not matches in general.
A big storm isn't gonna help her beat Jack, really, it wouldn't help her beat anyone. It's a basic hurricane. And you still need to showcase she has such precision to like, slap a foe she can't see before he's on her ass. Given it's pretty obvious her storms don't output tier 6 energy on contact, they're like a normal hurricane, they have huge energy but that's totality, not a "you touch it and get erased from existence" type shit. Obviously she can shoot powerful lightning and what not from it, but that's not the same thing as the whole storm itself being that powerful.

Gameplay is one thing but that's still her main battle tactics and what not unless we have cutscenes that show otherwise or something, remember, just because they CAN doesn't mean they DO, you've shown "she can conjure big storms", that's it, not even offensively, not with enough precision to smack a foe far away, not enough to engulf and annihilate everything with tier 6 levels of power on contact, nothing like that. Literally just "big storm go brrrr", nothing that shows or even implies she can make huge multi km booms, magic spells or anything of the sort. Sorry lad but I can't really accept "make storm" = "make huge multi km encompassing attacks" without actual evidence beyond that or something.
I read it already, nothing with huge AOE shown.
That's better, but how's she going to get that off when she gets blitzed to hell and back? And is it a lead? Can you sincerely say she leads with huge geographical changing blows. Because I suspect that's very much not the case.
Prove she's gonna whip something like that out in character before she gets statued.

Literally none of that changes what I said, why would the general populace figure or become aware of this in such a ridiculously and unrealistic timeframe?
Bad, but the point remains.
Not really, everything you said is mere conjecture, when everything you've said is prefaced with "should", that in itself should be a redflag. Nothing you've said is concrete it's just "well it should be fast" they should know" "etc", that isn't how this works.
And who's to say it's insane? Why's a day absolutely unbelievable? Or even longer at that. You're acting like a day, or two, or even longer would lead to a societal collapse and everyone she interacts with would lose their minds at her absence.
Also lol wtf, a day or two of having to do just basic shit while waiting for her to pop back up isn't hard, have you never been called in to work on a off day or told to do something because someone is busy? It's completely normal and expected by like, anyone with a job. I don't really think "it's a slight inconvenience to people who literally work for her" is much of a counterpoint.
Unrelated but what? There's a bunch of shit that takes a day if not days to cook, it's not even uncommon, few times a month personally.

Jack amps or stealth's and goes brrrr. Unless you can prove this chick can respawn fast, not just guess, or that she's completely willing to lead with huge **** off AOE that changes the landscape despite what we normally see from her (Given I'm pretty sure the genshin land isn't littered with scared landscapes), this doesn't actually stop Jack from doing his thing.
I'm not arguing that she would have a certain level of power with that, it's just an example of how much of an area she is capable of affecting. Technically the entire storm wouldn't need to be anywhere near as strong as Ei herself in order to be devastating or inconvenient for Raiden (Metal Gear) due to the Attack Potency difference though that is hardly a typical move for Ei and the Raiden Shogun and given Raiden's (Metal Gear) speed she would need to act fast.

I honestly care a lot more about clarifying that she would have Area of Effect options and could already start attacking from a 4 kilometer distance than about whether or not her usual tactics would be particularly effective against Raiden (Metal Gear). You could argue though that she could use a forcefield to protect herself against a vastly weaker but also vastly faster opponent once she notices that this is the case since a forcefield wouldn't have any atoms that could be disrupted and she would have enough time to do that with the starting distance but that would depend on her noticing that first and Raiden (Metal Gear) not going for stealth instead.

It really doesn't need to be societal collapse or everyone losing their mind for things to be inconvenient for Ei and I think your imagination is running a bit too wild if that is the conclusion you are jumping to. I'm honestly thinking more about simple stuff like her not missing any important appointments, being able reassure any of her people among the general populace and the ones in high positions before they get worried and not being stuck without a body to make use of for an extended period of time. I thought of this more from the perspective of a more casual cook like myself and I'm pretty sure that I'm not willing to work for an entire day on one meal though that can obviously be different for other people. It's not unbelievable for me that there are dishes that require a lot of time but it isn't something I would know much about.

There is technically the island that Ei split, Tsurumi Island and Serai Island which means there are three islands of significant size like these in Inazuma alone. Venti pretty much terraformed the entirety of Mondstadt and threw a whole mountain into the ocean and Zhongli is responsible for Guyun Stone Forest. All of these things are from more than 2000 years ago though and while stuff like that was probably more common during the Archon War it's indeed something they most likely wouldn't do under most circumstances in the present day though that wouldn't prevent them from doing it if they really needed to.

But that still doesn't answer the question of how long that takes to happen.
There is no precise timeframe, so it's more a matter of if we are willing to assume that something that Ei treats as an almost trivial matter would take more than 24 hours or if we are willing to assume that it would take less than 24 hours especially if we take the whole context of the Raiden Shogun's importance and almost no one Inazuma knowing that Ei even built a Raiden Shogun puppet in the first place into account. If people want to argue that this is completely inapplicable for combat and come to an agreement about this, then I don't mind the profile getting changed accordingly.

Last edited:
No, we gotta wait them to finish first it's not like his arguing why would Shogun win. He's just explaining her abilities properly work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back