• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giannysmag

He/Him
So recently numerous characters in Genshin Impact got upgraded to Sub-Relativistic based on this calc of Kazuha saving Traveler from Raiden and to put it simply, i have a lot of issues.

First and most importantly the calc assumes Raiden's attack that Kazuha intercepts is moving at lightning speed because it is electro. However Raiden isn't actually using any lightning in this scene, she is just swinging her sword. Sure it's infused with electro but that wouldn't inherantly make the attack lightning speed. I say this because during the scene were she is attacking Traveler you can actually see sparks of lightning flying off at normal speed while everything else (including Raiden's attack) is moving in slow motion.

But let's for a moment assume that she is attacking at lightning speed and the calc is valid from a math perspective. Well Raiden and by extension the rest of the verse still wouldn't scale to it, because the calc itself shows Kazuha in this scene is moving 8.5x faster than Raiden is swinging her sword. Why would she scale to a calc that shows she is significantly slower than the person performing the feat? It's not like she was holding back either, she is clearly trying to kill the Traveler and more importantly is using the Musou no Hitotachi, the pinnicle of her sword skill.

Now i wanna go over some of the arguaments @GarrixianXD presented in the previous CRT us to why this feat would scale to Raiden (again this is all assuming the calc actually works from a math perspective, i just wanna be sure and tackle both the calc and the scaling here)

Warning: A lot of yapping ahead
This is the arguament that Garrixian fell back on the most during our previous discussion. That during the quick moment where Kazuha is moving you can see Raiden is no longer giant, lacks the sigil behind her back and has seemingly moved to face Kazuha, implying that she reacted his movement and tried to counterattack. But I for one don't really think she moved at all, the reason it looks like that is because she appeared gaint when she emerged from the sigil and it was hard to tell her exact position. As for why she is no longer gaint and lacks the sigil, that can simply be explained by the fact that in the first shot she is the main focus while in the second she is in the backround, barely visible and appears for only a fraction the amount of time she did previously so there would be no reason for whoever is making the cutscenes to add the same amount of details as in the first shot.

And since Garri likes to throw out a bunch of debate terms, I'll try the same. Occam's razor, the simplest answer is usually the correct one and between "Raiden was about to strike the Traveler, but Kazuha blitzed her and saved them" and "Raiden was about to strike Traveler, Kazuha began moving at which point Raiden stopped mid swing and instead moved slightly to aim for Kazuha" i think the former is the simplest.

Even narrativelly it makes senses that Kazuha simply blocked the strike that was aimed for Traveler, as this scene is a callback to the scene of Kazuha's friend's death. Here Kazuha arrived just too late to save his friend from the Musou no Hitotachi, but in the present when armed with the power of said deceased friend he can save another friend of his from the same fate. I think it's pretty clear that Kazuha straight up intercepted the Musou no Hitotachi mid-swing here and trying to argue otherwise goes against what the entire scene is trying to show us.
Another piont that's brought up as to why Raiden would scale to Kazuha's speed is that after their little clash Raiden counterattacks, which Kazuha manages to block but only bearly, showing some level of relativity. This isn't entirely correct for two reasons
  1. Kazuha was distracted looking at his sword the moment Raiden was beginning to attack him
  2. Kazuha's feat mentioned above is done by using his elemental powers to boost his speed, which is something that numerous characters in the game have been shown to do and is an ability that's listed on basically every character profile. Since this is a boost (and a significant one at that since he is using the power of 2 visions to move) Kazuha's base speed wouldn't fully scale to it, which combined with the above point shows why he was only able to "barely" react to Raiden despite being faster
Here Garri argues that the Traveler after being amped by 99 visions went on to fight evenly against the Raiden Shogun. Since Traveler has the power of 99 visions in this scene instead of the mere 2 Kazuha had, we can infer that he would be a lot faster than Kazuha and since Raiden was able to fight us evenly before losing she would scale to us and by extention Kazuha.

But there are multiple problems here. Firstly Garri assumes that after the vision buff Traveler and Ei still had a relatively even fight before the latter lost based on the fact that she has a fully fledged boss fight. Problem is we can't be sure of that because there are no cutscenes of them actually fighting after the Traveler gained the visions. They simply get the power up, the boss fight happens and the next cutscene shows a defeated Ei. There is nothing to pull from to say how even the fight was. Her being a boss in game also wouldn't be an indicator of scaling, since Signora is also a fully fledged boss with multiple phases, yet we canonically beat her ass.

The second issue I have is the assumption that Traveler obtaining the visions would instantly increase his speed to Kazuha levels. The problem is that as far as I am aware obtaining a vision has never been stated to be a buff to your physical stats, it simply grants you elemental abilities. With that in mind we can assume that the only aspect of the Travelers speed that would have been buffed to Kazuha levels with the visions is their speed when it's being boosted with elements, not their base speed. And guess what, we have absolutely no indication that Traveler used his elements to boost his speed against Raiden, let alone that Raiden was reacting to them when doing that because again we have no cutscenes of them fighting when Traveler has the visions. Infact the Traveler notoriously doesn't really use their elements all that much (check any cutscene of them fighting Raiden, Scaramouche or Arlecchino and you'll be hard pressed to find a single time where they used their elements), so it's really not far fetched to say they never boosted their speed with elements in the fight.
Finally Garri argues that Kazuha being faster than Raiden would be a case of Plot Induced Stupidity since he is just a human vision user compared to one of the Gods of Teyvat. However that would mean that the calc itself is PIS since it clearly shows that Kazuha is much faster than Raiden. You can't have your cake and eat it too, either Kazuha is Sub-Relativistic by outspeeding Raiden's strike or Kazuha outspeeding Raiden (and by extention the cal)c is PIS so no one scale to Sub-Relativistic

With all that in mind i think it's pretty clear that the calc is not usable for scaling and everyone that is currently listed as Sub-Relativistic should get downgraded back down to MHS+ from this calc

Agree: 2 (@Puppet43, @JirensMom)
Disagree: 0
Neutral: 1 (@Woomica)

Last edited:
I also apologize in advance for any grammatical errors or missing scans, it is currently midnight and my brain is a mess but i really wanted to get this thread done

First and most importantly the calc assumes Raiden's attack that Kazuha intercepts is moving at lightning speed because it is electro. However Raiden isn't actually using any lightning in this scene, she is just swinging her sword.

This interpretation is incredibly misleading. The second link you embedded is from a later scene.
Here's the actual scene (play on 0:24):

Kazuha was on the ground floor below the stairs during the scene Raiden emerged from the plane of euthymia to strike the Traveler. In the second image you linked, not only is the Portal of the Plane of Euthymia gone, but in addition you can clearly see Kazuha charging in to strike Raiden. Not to mention the scene of the second image Raiden isn't even aiming at Traveler, as it's shown the blade is way too far to reach him, but she was rather aiming at Kazuha because she was fully aware of him.

Sure it's infused with electro but that wouldn't inherantly make the attack lightning speed. I say this because during the scene were she is attacking Traveler you can actually see sparks of lightning flying off at normal speed while everything else (including Raiden's attack) is moving in slow motion.

I'd argue that's merely from the perspective of Traveler and Paimon rather than the entire scene being solely in slow motion. I can even use your own arguments against you that, the scene is not directed towards the electricity but rather Raiden and the Traveler, which would make a far better basis of it being an animation error.
By the way, Paimon doesn't even have a slow-mo voice here:

But let's for a moment assume that she is attacking at lightning speed and the calc is valid from a math perspective. Well Raiden and by extension the rest of the verse still wouldn't scale to it, because the calc itself shows Kazuha in this scene is moving 8.5x faster than Raiden is swinging her sword. Why would she scale to a calc that shows she is significantly slower than the person performing the feat? It's not like she was holding back either, she is clearly trying to kill the Traveler and more importantly is using the Musou no Hitotachi, the pinnicle of her sword skill.

If you want to discuss the calculation then head to the calc group discussion forum. Simply because I used the speed of lightning for the calculation, it does not mean it inherently defines Raiden's speed. I don't know why whether she held back or not should be relevant to this discussion.

This is the arguament that Garrixian fell back on the most during our previous discussion. That during the quick moment where Kazuha is moving you can see Raiden is no longer giant, lacks the sigil behind her back and has seemingly moved to face Kazuha, implying that she reacted his movement and tried to counterattack. But I for one don't really think she moved at all, the reason it looks like that is because she appeared gaint when she emerged from the sigil and it was hard to tell her exact position. As for why she is no longer gaint and lacks the sigil, that can simply be explained by the fact that in the first shot she is the main focus while in the second she is in the backround, barely visible and appears for only a fraction the amount of time she did previously so there would be no reason for whoever is making the cutscenes to add the same amount of details as in the first shot.

The blade did reach close to the Traveler and that's all it matters. If she didn't have a close enough distance to strike then there's completely no reason for her to swing a melee weapon. Simply because you comprehend your subjective sentiment does not mean it's objectively correct. Raiden Shogun is an extremely major character for the Inazuma arc of the Genshin storyline; there's completely no reason for the animators to slack off on her animation details, especially considering the popularity of the character and it's a part of a cutscene. The Genshin developers also pay close attention to details and are rather very strict about it.

Here's an entire video on it (Genshin even pays very close details to the gameplay itself):

And since Garri likes to throw out a bunch of debate terms, I'll try the same. Occam's razor, the simplest answer is usually the correct one and between "Raiden was about to strike the Traveler, but Kazuha blitzed her and saved them" and "Raiden was about to strike Traveler, Kazuha began moving at which point Raiden stopped mid swing and instead moved slightly to aim for Kazuha" i think the former is the simplest. Even narrativelly it makes senses that Kazuha simply blocked the strike that was aimed for Traveler, as this scene is a callback to the scene of Kazuha's friend's death. Here Kazuha arrived just too late to save his friend from the Musou no Hitotachi, but in the present when armed with the power of said deceased friend he can save another friend of his from the same fate. I think it's pretty clear that Kazuha straight up intercepted the Musou no Hitotachi mid-swing here and trying to argue otherwise goes against what the entire scene is trying to show us.

I provided admissible and sufficient evidence to back up my objective reasoning and conclusion. Occam's Razor only works when there's not enough evidence or information to conclude a postulation, or when there's two opposing information for the same set of evidence. You, however, failed to reprimand the proof I've presented hence your usage and interpretation of Occam's Razor would not be authentic, but rather subjective. I have nothing to say other than the fact that this argument stemmed from the rhetorical appeal to emotion and is merely one of those arguments from incredulity cases. As for your argument regarding the narrative, targeting and trying to kill the enemy can be a method of protecting a friend; to be real, I doubt it would be a good strategy to scale directly off the narrative since it can have many interpretations and is in lieu a subjective comprehension.

Another piont that's brought up as to why Raiden would scale to Kazuha's speed is that after their little clash Raiden counterattacks, which Kazuha manages to block but only bearly, showing some level of relativity. This isn't entirely correct for two reasons: 1. Kazuha was distracted looking at his sword the moment Raiden was beginning to attack him. 2. Kazuha's feat mentioned above is done by using his elemental powers to boost his speed, which is something that numerous characters in the game have been shown to do and is an ability that's listed on basically every character profile. Since this is a boost (and a significant one at that since he is using the power of 2 visions to move) Kazuha's base speed wouldn't fully scale to it, which combined with the above point shows why he was only able to "barely" react to Raiden despite being faster

Kazuha was on guard for a second before Raiden attacked. Raiden managed to land a strike on him within that 1-second timeframe, which implies they don't have a notable difference in speed. I addressed it before as Kazuha didn't dodge the attack; as you said before, an 8.5x difference in speed and a 1-second timeframe would be more than enough time for Kazuha to dodge Raiden's attack. It clearly wasn't a blitz, anyone with eyes is capable of discerning. You haven't provided any details that it is a technique that boost your speed; it can be the character's normal speed. Also, I'm not sure why you're taking in the speed-boosting argument because it has nothing to do with your argument of Raiden not scaling to a double-vision amplified Kazuha/Raiden got blitzed.

Here Garri argues that the Traveler after being amped by 99 visions went on to fight evenly against the Raiden Shogun. Since Traveler has the power of 99 visions in this scene instead of the mere 2 Kazuha had, we can infer that he would be a lot faster than Kazuha and since Raiden was able to fight us evenly before losing she would scale to us and by extention Kazuha. But there are multiple problems here. Firstly Garri assumes that after the vision buff Traveler and Ei still had a relatively even fight before the latter lost based on the fact that she has a fully fledged boss fight. Problem is we can't be sure of that because there are no cutscenes of them actually fighting after the Traveler gained the visions. They simply get the power up, the boss fight happens and the next cutscene shows a defeated Ei. There is nothing to pull from to say how even the fight was. Her being a boss in game also wouldn't be an indicator of scaling, since Signora is also a fully fledged boss with multiple phases, yet we canonically beat her ass.

And how do you believe the fight played out? A boss fight already explains enough. This is another case of the divine fallacy with no solid evidences provided whatsoever.

The second issue I have is the assumption that Traveler obtaining the visions would instantly increase his speed to Kazuha levels. The problem is that as far as I am aware obtaining a vision has never been stated to be a buff to your physical stats, it simply grants you elemental abilities.

This is a contradiction to your previous arguments and beliefs. You expressed that every character can boost their speed using their elemental power, hence, you claimed Kazuha used the second vision to boost his speed as the following argument. Now, you're claiming that obtaining a vision doesn't buff one's physical stats? Funny.

With that in mind we can assume that the only aspect of the Travelers speed that would have been buffed to Kazuha levels with the visions is their speed when it's being boosted with elements, not their base speed.

Another contradiction and a case of the divine fallacy, without any solid evidence.

And guess what, we have absolutely no indication that Traveler used his elements to boost his speed against Raiden, let alone that Raiden was reacting to them when doing that because again we have no cutscenes of them fighting when Traveler has the visions.

I suppose this is a case where I'll present the same evidence over again, yeah yeah... boss fight yappy yappy yap.

Here's a scene where Traveler's face got mopped like nothing. How does the hierarchy suddenly reciprocate only after a few story quests? It doesn't sound true nor easy to believe, ain't it?

Infact the Traveler notoriously doesn't really use their elements all that much (check any cutscene of them fighting Raiden, Scaramouche or Arlecchino and you'll be hard pressed to find a single time where they used their elements), so it's really not far fetched to say they never boosted their speed with elements in the fight.

That's obviously because the right is mainly focused and revolves around the boss fight rather than the cutscenes, to provide an adequate gaming experience for the players.
And Traveler does use his elemental powers in a fight:

It's just pure unthinking that the Traveler didn't use his bestowed vision-buffed powers against Raiden who's a literal lightning God, especially Raiden obliterated him in the first match not too long ago.

Finally Garri argues that Kazuha being faster than Raiden would be a case of Plot Induced Stupidity since he is just a human vision user compared to one of the Gods of Teyvat. However that would mean that the calc itself is PIS since it clearly shows that Kazuha is much faster than Raiden. You can't have your cake and eat it too, either Kazuha is Sub-Relativistic by outspeeding Raiden's strike or Kazuha outspeeding Raiden (and by extention the cal)c is PIS so no one scale to Sub-Relativistic

I'm pretty sure you misinterpreted the entire point of me creating the calc.

Last edited:
I'm just not convinced that the Kazuha block should be a defining calculation of the speed of characters, especially since all our speed ratings are buoyed on this one cutscene without taking others into account.
It's just pure unthinking that the Traveler didn't use his bestowed vision-buffed powers against Raiden who's a literal lightning God, especially Raiden obliterated him in the first match not too long ago.
To be fair, literally none of the latest cutscenes showed the Traveler remotely even using their elemental powers despite a strong case for them having to be used against the likes of Scara and Arlecchino. I'm not saying it completely invalidates the argument but we do have cases of Traveler pulling shit like this.

I'm just not convinced that the Kazuha block should be a defining calculation of the speed of characters, especially since all our speed ratings are buoyed on this one cutscene without taking others into account.
It’s not an outlier so it’s fine.
To be fair, literally none of the latest cutscenes showed the Traveler remotely even using their elemental powers despite a strong case for them having to be used against the likes of Scara and Arlecchino. I'm not saying it completely invalidates the argument but we do have cases of Traveler pulling shit like this.
Then what else does he use to fight then? So he just lets Arlecchino kicks his ass? Unnecessarily just overstraining himself over nothing? He’s not Goku lol

Then what else does he use to fight then? So he just lets Arlecchino kicks his ass? Unnecessarily just overstraining himself over nothing? He’s not Goku lol
I mean he pretty much did just that in the last fight. Not to mention the fight with Scara was pure hands. I don't really see why he'd try with Shogun but with a Harbinger. Did he just choose to lose?

Also how is it not an outlier? Do we have similar feats of the sort?

I mean he pretty much did just that in the last fight. Not to mention the fight with Scara was pure hands. I don't really see why he'd try with Shogun but with a Harbinger. Did he just choose to lose?
Traveller defeated Shogun because he was buffed from a hundred visions; of course, he had to go all out because she's a god and he got whooped in the previous fight. Scara lost because he had support from Nahida. Also, the fight wasn't pure hands. Aether was alone while fighting Arlecchino without any buffs, that's why he lost. Nothing states nor supports that the Traveler is ever holding back, and the narrative and cutscenes strictly imply and prove he's always going all out.
First off, an outlier is defined as this:
An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power.

Clearly ain't the case where we also have this:

To be honest here i just believe hoyoverse unintentionally brings a character induced stupidity given that the traveler has all rights to use elemental powers and he is just locked using dull blade and just using 1 element per specific nation and multiple whenever hoyo decides to
Which sure probably doesnt make many sense but still...

Garrixian does make sense to me starting from the 8.5x difference talk though I still have problems with the entire feat being PIS and that particular story quests writing in general.

The magnitude of Kazuha's power increase is itself an outlier compared to the level of Visions, briefly matching the power of a honed Archon
And Traveler can be argued to be at that level with his 99 Visions so so buff.

I don't agree with anyone except the Ambition buffed Traveler and Ei/The Shogun scaling to that at all

I might be tweaking but why's this even regarded as a Speed Feat?
Their weapons were locked and Ei overpowers and sends the Traveler back with Electro WHILE their blades are still locked in subsequent frames.
There is no dodge, he was pushed back and we can still see his body still charged up with the Lightning he allegedly dodged

Tbh, I also had the feeling Kazuha’s feat should only scale to Ei and Traveller. Though, the previous calc used the cutscene from their final battle so even character upscaled to Sub-Rel. Tho, the scaling chain should be discussed further on another CRT and a new calc because we don’t have another MHS+/Sub-Rel calc outside Raiden and Traveller’s final fight, otherwise everyone else would just be downgraded to Supersonic.

iirc we actually used to scale their speed like that and it got downgraded like a year ago
It got downgraded since jean calc was aimdodging and actually there is game mechanic called "I-framing" tho the best way to measure speeds like that is probably just going by baseline lighting speed and nothing higher/lower idk

otherwise everyone else would just be downgraded to Supersonic.
Except the Wanderer 🐐 (pretend this is struck through)

Most of those happened in game by battling electro related enemies lol idk how vsbw treats feats like that
Most of those happened in game by battling electro related enemies lol idk how vsbw treats feats like that
Well they don't treat it at all since there's no feats to scale to begin with.
Cutscenes are the only shot we've got or if God so blessed us a specific mechanic during a boss fight or something that actually has unassisted evasion/dodging/blocking but that's never going to happen

Except the Wanderer 🐐 (pretend this is struck through)
He has some sub rela calc on vsbw someone made crt abt it
Well they don't treat it at all since there's no feats to scale to begin with.
Cutscenes are the only shot we've got or if God so blessed us a specific mechanic during a boss fight or something that actually has unassisted evasion/dodging/blocking but that's never going to happen
Wdym by unasissted evasion/dodging?

He has some sub rela calc on vsbw someone made crt abt it

Wdym by unasissted evasion/dodging?
Can I see it?

Assisted would be ie, some special mechanic that blocks it or some mechanic that prevents it from hitting where you stand etc

Ill find it later

Well the only boss we fought without assistance and has lightning attacks are thunderbird and electro cube
I was talking more along the lines of Trounce Bosses not World Bosses, but none of those bosses have attacks that just home lightning bolts at you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back