• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teyvat Size

Valxxroyz

He/Him
Clarification on Misunderstandings Regarding Sizing 3-A

Issue:

There is a prevalent misunderstanding surrounding the classification of sizing 3-A, particularly in the context of Genshin Impact. The debate mainly revolves around whether Teyvat, the central world depicted in the game, should be perceived as representative of the universe. Some argue that the characterization of Teyvat as a continent implies a downgrade to sizing 6A.

Solution:

Upon thorough examination, it's crucial to delve into the comprehensive cosmology presented within Genshin Impact. While Teyvat is undeniably a significant landmass within the game's lore, it does not constitute the entirety of the world. Beyond Teyvat, there exists the Dandelion Sea and other celestial entities, suggesting a broader universe beyond the confines of the continent.

Moreover, historical events such as the Cataclysm, occurring 500 years ago in the game's timeline, are often cited to support the notion of Teyvat's purportedly limited scope. However, upon closer scrutiny, it becomes apparent that while the Cataclysm did indeed have a profound impact on Teyvat, its effects were contained within the confines of the continent, indicating a localized rather than universal catastrophe.

Considering these factors, it becomes evident that Teyvat serves as a representative of the broader world within Genshin Impact. Terms such as "The Teyvat continent," "The world of Teyvat," and "The universe of Teyvat" highlight the interconnectedness of these various elements, underscoring Teyvat's significance within the larger cosmological framework.

Furthermore, official sources, including the Genshin Impact interactive map, corroborate the notion that Teyvat extends beyond a mere landmass, solidifying its status as a world on a grand scale.

In conclusion, advocating for a downgrade of Teyvat's classification to sizing 6A overlooks crucial contextual factors and fails to appreciate the expansive cosmological context presented within Genshin Impact. Recognizing Teyvat's role as a representative of the game's vast universe reinforces the validity and legitimacy of sizing 3-A.

Link to Cataclysm Event:

Link to Genshin Impact Interactive Map:

Link to Genshin Impact Chinese:

Dude, Teyvat within the game's story and mentions, is basically a planet with a lot of mysteries.
One example is that the sky of Teyvat has this whole thing about being a "fake sky", and something that is called a star, falls into Liyue and just makes a hole.
The size of Teyvat (the planet), for now, is just considered a normal planet, since the whole "fake sky" thing (I could be wrong, but I also think there is something about stars), a star that just creates a very large hole, etc. It makes the size of the planet very difficult to say.

And this "Teyvat universe" thing is probably just a figure of speech to talk about where the game takes place, since it's not exactly abnormal for someone or the game itself to call the place where the game takes place a universe, especially when Teyvat It is never referred to as a universe in the Lore, but only as the continent or planet.

I'll just input this about teyvat size

Simplified Chinese :
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
Traditional Chinese :
<https://i.imgur.com/lkjVpRP.jpg>
<https://i.imgur.com/NYStag4.jpg>
<https://i.imgur.com/xOZsZnd.jpg>
<https://i.imgur.com/9wqXxyG.jpg>
<https://i.imgur.com/I7jIJ0s.jpg>
Dude, Teyvat within the game's story and mentions, is basically a planet with a lot of mysteries.
One example is that the sky of Teyvat has this whole thing about being a "fake sky", and something that is called a star, falls into Liyue and just makes a hole.
The size of Teyvat (the planet), for now, is just considered a normal planet, since the whole "fake sky" thing (I could be wrong, but I also think there is something about stars), a star that just creates a very large hole, etc. It makes the size of the planet very difficult to say.

And this "Teyvat universe" thing is probably just a figure of speech to talk about where the game takes place, since it's not exactly abnormal for someone or the game itself to call the place where the game takes place a universe, especially when Teyvat It is never referred to as a universe in the Lore, but only as the continent or planet.

/I7jIJ0s.jpg>

You literally proved the opposite, it is stated in the text itself that "IN THE PAST the earth had no beginning or end, just like the universe", and taking into account that right after that it says that "The soil that us carrier no is more longer connected to eternity without beginning or end", in addition to being said that Phanes separated the universe from the microcosm of the world.

As far as we saw in the statements, the universe had some connection with the World of Teyvat, which made it apparently have no beginning or end, but Phanes, using the so-called "eggshell", separated the universe from the world somehow, making so that the World no longer has such a connection with the universe.

Even if that was enough proof to say that Mundo was size 3A, it's useless when he isn't anymore.

I believe that, according to the quote that says "the soil that carries them is no longer connected to endless eternity", and the fact that Phanes separated the Planet from the universe, which could be that the planet was considered infinite by be literally part of the universe, as if they were one, but Phanes caused the planet to be separated from the universe, making it a "normal" planet.

Basically: Teyvat "was infinite" because it was connected to the universe, but it wasn't literally infinite, the universe that was (they treat the universe as something different from the old world, making it clear that despite the connection, the two are different things), but because Because of this connection between the old world and the universe, they consider the old world to be infinite.

Last edited:
Clarification on Misunderstandings Regarding Sizing 3-A

Issue:

There is a prevalent misunderstanding surrounding the classification of sizing 3-A, particularly in the context of Genshin Impact. The debate mainly revolves around whether Teyvat, the central world depicted in the game, should be perceived as representative of the universe. Some argue that the characterization of Teyvat as a continent implies a downgrade to sizing 6A.

Solution:

Upon thorough examination, it's crucial to delve into the comprehensive cosmology presented within Genshin Impact. While Teyvat is undeniably a significant landmass within the game's lore, it does not constitute the entirety of the world. Beyond Teyvat, there exists the Dandelion Sea and other celestial entities, suggesting a broader universe beyond the confines of the continent.

Moreover, historical events such as the Cataclysm, occurring 500 years ago in the game's timeline, are often cited to support the notion of Teyvat's purportedly limited scope. However, upon closer scrutiny, it becomes apparent that while the Cataclysm did indeed have a profound impact on Teyvat, its effects were contained within the confines of the continent, indicating a localized rather than universal catastrophe.

Considering these factors, it becomes evident that Teyvat serves as a representative of the broader world within Genshin Impact. Terms such as "The Teyvat continent," "The world of Teyvat," and "The universe of Teyvat" highlight the interconnectedness of these various elements, underscoring Teyvat's significance within the larger cosmological framework.

Furthermore, official sources, including the Genshin Impact interactive map, corroborate the notion that Teyvat extends beyond a mere landmass, solidifying its status as a world on a grand scale.

In conclusion, advocating for a downgrade of Teyvat's classification to sizing 6A overlooks crucial contextual factors and fails to appreciate the expansive cosmological context presented within Genshin Impact. Recognizing Teyvat's role as a representative of the game's vast universe reinforces the validity and legitimacy of sizing 3-A.

Link to Cataclysm Event:

Link to Genshin Impact Interactive Map:

Link to Genshin Impact Chinese:
Being 3-A is crazy lol i disagree on that, being said "universe" with "" usually never means litteral universe and the fact we dont know actual size of teybat,abyss,celestia and that loading screen game makes it even hard to belive this
The best shot is 5-B for Entirety of teyvat
and if you believe stars in abyss are real unlike teyvat then you can go for 4-A but good luck proving that too

Yeah just close this thread, blatant using chatgpt or any of machine translator for this purpose is already a massive rejection

I'm not trying to side with anyone here but here's some new contexts from Perinheri book
The ocean and the sea were often used as a metaphor for the space projected by the stars.
Also Abyss isn't part of Teyvat. But still Abyss is considered as a place inside genshin game. Instead of thinking Genshin cosmology as only Teyvat, Genshin cosmology should include Abyss and the rest of the places too. Narwhal is
A mysterious and gargantuan creature from another world
And Neuvillete said "It traversed the stars".

But you might ask if that "stars" are actual or not. According to lore hints, it's stated that Teyvat's sky is fake.

But Perinheri is about Khaenri'ah which is not a part of Teyvat.

If Teyvat's sky is fake and Abyss's sky is the right one, we should consider the stars are also real.

If we consider genshin cosmology to be a proper world in imaginary tree, it's possible that Genshin cosmology should at least have a star system size.

Also Neuvillete said
It has been greedily consuming the energy from the planet's Primordial Sea, using it to grow.
Notice here he said "The panet's primordial sea" and not Teyvat's.

Again here
A whale of that size and shape cannot usually be found in the waters of Teyvat. Therefore... We can only assume that Childe is presently immersed in Primordial Seawater.

My best guess is Teyvat's just a continent size and Primordial Water located in Abyss which is inside the planet that Teyvat located on.

I'm not trying to side with anyone here but here's some new contexts from Perinheri book

Also Abyss isn't part of Teyvat. But still Abyss is considered as a place inside genshin game. Instead of thinking Genshin cosmology as only Teyvat, Genshin cosmology should include Abyss and the rest of the places too. Narwhal is

But you might ask if that "stars" are actual or not. According to lore hints, it's stated that Teyvat's sky is fake.

If Teyvat's sky is fake and Abyss's sky is the right one, we should consider the stars are also real.

If we consider genshin cosmology to be a proper world in imaginary tree, it's possible that Genshin cosmology should at least have a star system size.

Also Neuvillete said

Again here

My best guess is Teyvat's just a continent size and Primordial Water located in Abyss which is inside the planet that Teyvat located on.
Then you have both focalors and neuvi mentioning "this planet" so...
Actually no forget about it make genshin 12c

Also Neuvillete said

Again here

We've had this information for a long time.

One of the points is that, when it comes to Teyvat, it can be both a planet and a continent, this depends on the context.
The "sea" and the stars that extend outside of Teyvat are naturally part of the cosmology, but that's not important because for now we don't have anything that scales outside of that or anything like that.
This thing about considering a real star or a fake star is still basically theory, so no one is using it here unless it is proving it.
The Primordial Sea is simply located underground, basically underneath Fontaine.

Last edited:
We've had this information for a long time.

One of the points is that, when it comes to Teyvat, it can be both a planet and a continent, this depends on the context.
The "sea" and the stars that extend outside of Teyvat are naturally part of the cosmology, but that's not important because for now we don't have anything that scales outside of that or anything like that.
This thing about considering a real star or a fake star is still basically theory, so no one is using it here unless it is proving it.
The Primordial Sea is simply located underground, basically underneath Fontaine.
absolutely well explained
plus the issue when saying r teyvat is a planet or continent is going to be completely solved if
hoyo decides to explain in some of the next quests what is a teyvat or
wait for entire game map to unlock (7 nations khaenriah abyss etc...)

absolutely well explained
plus the issue when saying r teyvat is a planet or continent is going to be completely solved if
hoyo decides to explain in some of the next quests what is a teyvat or
wait for entire game map to unlock (7 nations khaenriah abyss etc...)
Yep, although I think it's a very rare thing for the planet to be called, like in the Piece of Aerosiderite where it's clearly talking about the continent.

Although this item description leaves me wondering about some things, why is the power of the abyss the only one capable of turning the power of Rex Lapis black? Maybe because Rex Lapis was actually so strong that the "only" thing in the world capable of tarnishing his power at that time was the abyss? Perhaps some special property in Rex Lapis' power? This description really leaves doubts in my head.

Yep, although I think it's a very rare thing for the planet to be called, like in the Piece of Aerosiderite where it's clearly talking about the continent.

Although this item description leaves me wondering about some things, why is the power of the abyss the only one capable of turning the power of Rex Lapis black? Maybe because Rex Lapis was actually so strong that the "only" thing in the world capable of tarnishing his power at that time was the abyss? Perhaps some special property in Rex Lapis' power? This description really leaves doubts in my head.
Probably because abyssal power can harm elemental dragons and Rex Lapis is probably one of elemental dragons. This is just a theory btw
The darkness spreading in Enkanomiya comes from the Void Abyss. Neither vishaps nor humans can endure it.
The Seven Sovereigns of the Light Realm are the seven foremost elemental dragons at the pinnacle of the raw and primitive elemental forces.

You said
Yeah on the surface level, you're correct. I know it's not confirmed yet but I think it's worth to consider. Primordial Sea is located underground but Abyss is also located underground of Teyvat. When Childe fell through a crack in earth's surface, he reached to abyss and met with Skirk. Skirk herself also said she has never to surface since she was young. When Traveler and Neuvillete faced with Narwhal, we have to go to Primordial Sea and that's where we met with Skrik. I think we can see the connection between Primordial Sea and Abyss. If you knew this already, it's fine to ignore.

Yeah on the surface level, you're correct. I know it's not confirmed yet but I think it's worth to consider. Primordial Sea is located underground but Abyss is also located underground of Teyvat. When Childe fell through a crack in earth's surface, he reached to abyss and met with Skirk. Skirk herself also said she has never to surface since she was young. When Traveler and Neuvillete faced with Narwhal, we have to go to Primordial Sea and that's where we met with Skrik. I think we can see the connection between Primordial Sea and Abyss. If you knew this already, it's fine to ignore.
The reason we had to go to the Primordial Sea is because the Narwhall was sucking the energy from there, which is not surprising, the Primordial Sea is what gave rise to life and before it surrounded the entire planet, besides the but, Skrik only went there because the Narwhall was there, this has nothing to do with the Primordial Sea having a connection to the void or not.

In addition to the but, the Abyss is also said to be "beyond of Teyvat" (Mask of the Kijin is an item that talks about someone who went to the abyss and faced a creature beyond Teyvat, which in this case comes from the abyss), while the Primordial Sea is still found in Fontaine, and is also mentioned in Childe's story as "another World".

"There, he witnessed the endless possibilities of another ancient world. There, he would meet a mysterious swordswoman..."

Bit of Aerosiderite is also an item that seems to be talking about the Abyss at one point, and which also raises some theories about Rex Lapis.

So the location of the Abyss is still a great mystery, since it doesn't seem like something that simply "is underground", perhaps it is already "deeper" (not exactly deeper, but the location is still unknown).

Last edited:
I guess the conclusion here that the entirety of Genshin Impact itself is a 3-A Universe that includes Light Realm, Teyvat, Abyss and Dark Sea, except I could get all this to only 5-B somehow if we're using the Honkai: Star Rail login screen, if you try to mimic teyvat's map on that planet (remove the train btw) you'll get that it matches perfectly. But again this would contradicts the 宇宙 statement either way..

Back