• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Empathic Manipulation for Hsien-Ko and Mei-Ling

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Basically there's this character (Hsien-Ko from Darkstalkers) whose sister turns into a talisman placed on her forehead to magically prevent her from going berserk due to her jiang-shi nature.
Could this he considered some form of resistance to empathic or such? Bear in mind that there are no other references, just her preventing Hsien-Ko from going berserk.

Edit: The new purpose of this thread is basically giving Hsien-Ko resistance to empathic manipulation thanks to her sister's power, and give the latter empathic manip instead of mind manip (since she has her own tabber).

Last edited:
Uh, this is a relatively old thread of which I even forgot about, but thank you for the reply.

I already made Hsien-Ko's profile, and, out of uncertainty, I've given mind manip to Mei-Ling in her tabber (explaining how it works) but maybe it should be changed to empathic manip (and Hsien-Ko should have resistance to it for the same reason).

To make things well, should I change the name of the thread into something like "Empathic Manipulation for Hsien-Ko and Mei-Ling" and ask for this to be moved in the CRT forum?

Oh right, you're a thread moderator. This time I was the one who forgot about it :v.

Also, should I call someone to have more opinions, or just confirmation, since this is a rather small change.

Bump (?)
This is a very minor change, after all, but I'm not sure if I can add it with only one person agreeing.

So resistance to empathic manipulation?

Thing is....preventing her from raging is more like how Broly in DBZ was prevented from going berserk by his father device on his head, which is like mind hax imo

I did put the thing as mind hax in the first place, but maybe it's better to say that she keep Hsien-Ko's emotions at peace? Empathic manip is still a subtype of mind manip.

I'm rather unsure, it's really a nitpick, but if mind hax is more suited, than she already has it.

Was it said it keeps her emotions in check or just no to going berserk? Cuz the latter we cant assume emphatic manip, if its just on rage

It's said that Mei-Ling influence prevents Hsien-Ko from going berserk, due to her nature, it's not too specific. A "limited" can be added to the chosen ability (in addition to the explanation) as she basically works on a sigle aspect of her mind.

This whole thing was a small nitpick that originated from a question to which no one replied and I didn't care enough to bump a thousand times and delay the publishing of her profile.

I'm fine with either, as long as the chosen one makes sense.

I am leaning towards agreeing with Schnee's conclusion. Sorry.

Then I should swap Mei-Ling's Mind manip with Empathic Manip.

Should Hsien-Ko have resistance to empathic manip, due to being protected by her sister?

Because if she gets her inner rage kept at peace through her sister's magic, the same should happen with an external individual trying to influence it, with their powers at least clashing with each other.

I do not think that we can give that based on resistance against her own emotions, rather than the powers of others, but I am not certain.

Back