• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epic (Cool Dudes Only) Dungeons and Dragons Discussion Thread

Just cuz
Eo2T71l.png

Lodestone Marauder, CR 9 (8-C)

You... somehow picked the Verdant Prince, whom we already have a page for. In fact that entire string of pages (both entries before and after the Verdant Prince) are already done. Go up high enough and you get Tomb Spiders (vary from CR 2, 9-B to CR 6, 9-A), go down far enough and you get Windblades (vary from CR 1, 9-B, to CR 4, At least 9-B likely 9-A). Art for both is provided, go on and choose.

w1Gl2yA.png
vs
GX31GeF.png

of course you did smh

9zjMlb2.png

Bloodhulks, AKA "Don't talk to me or my son or my son's son ever again", vary from CR 4 (At least 9-B, likely 9-A) to CR 8 (8-C)

You... somehow picked the Verdant Prince, whom we already have a page for. In fact that entire string of pages (both entries before and after the Verdant Prince) are already done. Go up high enough and you get Tomb Spiders (vary from CR 2, 9-B to CR 6, 9-A), go down far enough and you get Windblades (vary from CR 1, 9-B, to CR 4, At least 9-B likely 9-A). Art for both is provided, go on and choose.
Spider

They're done

if it helps make this funnier for you I just realized this is Monster Manual IV, and these guys take up pages 20-22, so you had IV20, eh?
Awesome, though I wish there was a little more to them than regular D&D undead stuff. Also, I just picked 22 since my birthday is soon and I couldn't think of another number.

EDIT: wait fvck i just got what you were going for, god damn it based though

Awesome, though I wish there was a little more to them than regular D&D undead stuff. Also, I just picked 22 since my birthday is soon and I couldn't think of another number.

EDIT: wait fvck i just got what you were going for, god damn it based though
They are literally just big piles of meat, the book even calls them meat shields- that is the literal term it uses. They're regarded as basically special zombies. Also glad you got my joke, was a real knee slapper.

Lodestone Marauder is also done and is significantly less Basic Bitch.

I've never played a single DnD game in my life, but I've wanted to for a while ngl. seems kinda neat.
Very fun, provided you have a good group with roughly matching schedules and an aligned view of what would be fun to play and at least one of you owns a cat with three black stripes because any more would be tacky and matching uniforms to play in.

spiderphobia kicks
was bitten by a brown recluse when I was 6 years old, one of the worst wounding experiences of my life, so I can confidently say skill issue.

Just curious, I've seen in various D&D vs other verse threads that D&D is undergoing revisions (such as expanding its already massive resistance blog, which I've read and God Damn it's huge).

How are those revisions coming along? I'm interested to see.

Just curious, I've seen in various D&D vs other verse threads that D&D is undergoing revisions (such as expanding its already massive resistance blog, which I've read and God Damn it's huge).

How are those revisions coming along? I'm interested to see.
Y'see, the secret is that they basically aren't.

Fact is, and I've mentioned this a lot so forgive me if you've heard it, the resistance blog in its current state is representative of about 0.3% of the overall sources it should be based on, plus a small smattering of things pulled randomly from other sources (like True name magic from Tome of Magic).

Everyone is invited to contribute if/when they work on DnD sourcebooks, and to ask me if you need help classifying it or understanding something. But I simply lack the willpower to do it all on my own, and the more organized group project sorta died at launch, with everything there representing pretty much just my contributions.

Also, not to be nitpicky but I feel something properly explaining how anyone tier 6-C and above has 4-D smurf hax might be useful.

I mean its literally just

That's the range where guys like Solars exist, some of whom are explicitly capable of affecting Demon Lords and the like with their abilities
Epic Level Magic (everything you get post-level 20) is stated to frighten gods and is beyond the usual constraints of magic (restrictions put in place by Mystra) and hails directly from the Serpent, and includes the manipulation of the multiverse itself

Btw, if anyone here hasn't seen Honor Among Thieves, highly recommend it.
haven't, nah. wasn't in a huge rush given the boycott that was going on at the time.

It is not a bad movie, although neither is particulary noteworthy (few chuckles here and there, but that's it): is kind of average; not that different from the average MCU movie.

yeah it seemed like a strong C or weak B lister MCU film, which to be fair is better than what the MCU is currently churning out, so.

Have y'all fine fellows thought about making Balders Gate 3 profiles🤔.

Heavily D&D inspired from what I hear.
you might conclude its D&D inspired, yes, if only a little

maybe

Anyways yeah I'm intending to do it but the game's performance tanked in Act 2 for me, so it'll take awhile. Based on the lore, I've got a good idea of where the major players sit (at least, those that aren't from existing lore whom we already know where they probably sit).

TFW they don't realize D&D High 6-C and 6-B people are 4-D as well so they shut down the thread Bambu please re-open the thread so I can spread the good word of 4-D D&D.

no such thing as High 6-C D&D smh

Fine, Low 6-B and 6-B D&D.

Also Fate low-key overrated anyways.
high-key, degenerate shit. I've no interest in debating.

Btw, I know I already spoke with you about this Bambu, but the explanation for some tier 1 stuff in D&D needs revising.

1. The Old Ones are listed both in the cosmology blog and their profiles as 1-A, even though transcending the High 1-B multiverse would only make them Low 1-A.

2. I know Bambu explained to me that the Elder Evils and Far Realm are 1-A for being beyond the comprehension of the Old Ones, but this isn't mentioned anywhere in the blog or for the profile of the Far Realm people. That really should be explained in the cosmology blog.

3. The D&D multiverse contains 5-D spaces, and Greater Gods scale to the Multiverse, so shouldn't Greater Gods be Low 1-C?

Regarding Greater Gods and 5-D spaces: Greater Gods are never shown to interact with 5-D spaces, the closest we've come to that is Die Vecna Die but even then Vecna would have needed the powers of Sigil to achieve it and he was no ordinary Greater God.

Regarding the Far Realm: I would have sworn it was? Alright, just checked- we have a scan there that does mention that no Immortal can comprehend the place, but even then it's not the one I thought we had. Strange.

Regarding the Old Ones: I don't know how much this will even be relevant, seeing as they regard the Mystaran multiverse as being imaginary and Ultima seems to be negotiating a new tiershit change where seeing something as fictional will be 1-A (daily reminder we should delete SCP) minimum.

Regarding Greater Gods and 5-D spaces: Greater Gods are never shown to interact with 5-D spaces, the closest we've come to that is Die Vecna Die but even then Vecna would have needed the powers of Sigil to achieve it and he was no ordinary Greater God.
True, but their power is equal to that of the entire D&D multiverse, which contains an infinite # of these 5-D spaces (according to LoP's profile).
Regarding the Far Realm: I would have sworn it was? Alright, just checked- we have a scan there that does mention that no Immortal can comprehend the place, but even then it's not the one I thought we had. Strange.
I mean, aren't Immortals Low 1-C only? Unless you're referring to their hypothetical maximum, and even then that'd only be 1-B/High 1-B. Or are you saying that they can comprehend the Low 1-A Old Ones but not the 1-A Far Realm?

Also, we got like half the Immortals being 1-B at max and the other half being High 1-B at max, even though both sides have the same damn justification.
Regarding the Old Ones: I don't know how much this will even be relevant, seeing as they regard the Mystaran multiverse as being imaginary and Ultima seems to be negotiating a new tiershit change where seeing something as fictional will be 1-A
Fair enough.
(daily reminder we should delete SCP) minimum.
BASED.

I mean, aren't Immortals Low 1-C only? Unless you're referring to their hypothetical maximum, and even then that'd only be 1-B/High 1-B. Or are you saying that they can comprehend the Low 1-A Old Ones but not the 1-A Far Realm?

Also, we got like half the Immortals being 1-B at max and the other half being High 1-B at max, even though both sides have the same damn justification.
The Immortals are the ones who worked together the theorems to prove the existence of these infinitely higher realms and proved them to exist along with the Old Ones. They cannot comprehend the existence of the Far Realm. The Far Realm has a lot of reasons to be 1-A and this is just one, but it's worth noting that the scan is indeed there (although perhaps not as easily understood in a void of context).

The Immortals are the ones who worked together the theorems to prove the existence of these infinitely higher realms and proved them to exist along with the Old Ones. They cannot comprehend the existence of the Far Realm. The Far Realm has a lot of reasons to be 1-A and this is just one, but it's worth noting that the scan is indeed there (although perhaps not as easily understood in a void of context).
I see.

So if I'm correct:

High 1-B multiverse (max potential of Immortals) < Low 1-A Old Ones (Which immortals can comprehend) < 1-A Far Realm.

Makes sense to me.

Back