• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: VTSG Supermonkey vs Jin Mu Won

Round 2:
(Match 10)
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
Final match of Round 2 as we look forward to the quarter-finals now, A hard fought victory for Super Monkey now crosses paths against the debuting Jin Mu Won aka the Leader of the Northern Heavenly Sect, Will Monkey reign supreme or Jin Mu shows all of us what's he really all about, I have a feeling this one is fitting for the finale of round 2.

Result:
Jin Mu Won (Legend Of The Northern Blade):
Super Monkey VTSG (Bloons Tower Defense):
Inconclusive:
qWW6lbp.png

Okay so before I say anything, does super monkey have any one shot ability? And how good is his danmaku fuckery?

VTSG's one shot ability is restricted for this tourney and the danmaku is pretty extreme, although for the most part focused in one particular direction (always aiming directly at where its opponent is at any given time)

however VTSG's main attack should be deadly on its own if Jin-Mu-Won doesn't have enough heat resistance since each of its plasma attacks are significantly better than a previous upgrade whose attacks come directly from the core of the sun and which is also significantly better than an even earlier upgrade which is directly stated to vaporize everything it touches (in reference to bloons which can range from being made from rubber to ceramic/clay to lead)

however VTSG's main attack should be deadly on its own if Jin-Mu-Won doesn't have enough heat resistance since each of its plasma attacks are significantly better than a previous upgrade whose attacks come directly from the core of the sun and which is also significantly better than an even earlier upgrade which is directly stated to vaporize everything it touches (in reference to bloons which can range from being made from rubber to ceramic/clay to lead)
Isn't that by itself, one shot worthy?

Like, I doubt anyone in the tourney has heat resistance close to the core of the sun.

but in general, I'm not entirely sure how some of this reacts to AP equalization. I assume the attack still vaporizes, but maybe it also doesn't fully one shot somehow? idrk

edit: I'm reading what I just wrote and that seems really dumb, how would that even work?

Last edited:
However, if it isn't one shot worthy, and is simply some minor durability neg, then what can Super Monkey do against Jin's insane analytical prediction that can sense and predict absolutely everything, and it being better than other analytical stuff that can perceive your next move by simply seeing your gaze and the twitch of your muscles?

The dude was also able to dodge a danmaku, which was stated by a martial art expert to be impossible to dodge, comparing it to a thunderstorm, just how a normal human cannot run through a thunderstorm without getting wet, Jin shouldn't be able to run through the dudes attacks without getting hit, and yet he did. Keep in mind this was while he was slowed from the enemy's killing intent, and if one of the attacks even manages to hit Jin, he would've gotten one shotted.

Also, I believe its safe to say that we can all agree Jin heavily, heavily outskills the super monkey? And the fact that he can potentially one-shot with Pressure Point strike, which can shut off one's meridians, knocking them unconscious, although he doesn't really use it that much.

The dude also has a shit ton of Aoe attacks, attacks that are kilometers in range, massive lifting strength advantage, absolutely bonkers sensing aside from the analytical prediction he already has, forcefield negation, mind manip if he loses grip of his sword, paralysis inducement if he leaves the sword inside super monkey, can make large af tornados, minor durability neg, ie if he scales above people who could cause you to almost piss yourself and have all the hair on your back stand straight with a simple shout, and he also scales above a dude who can injure your internal organs by attacking any part of your body.

cough cough Necrozma cough cough
Necrozma is bullshit incarnate, though.

Also, from the core of the sun?

Nothing on Necrozma's PnA has anything close to this level of heat manip, Super Monkey's plasma fuckery are like 27 million degrees Farenheit, I'm not seeing anyone in the tourney resisting this, ever.

If it was like in the 1000-10000 range, then, it wouldn't one shot but it would deal quite a **** ton of damage, but this shit is straight up bonkers.

However, if it isn't one shot worthy, and is simply some minor durability neg, then what can Super Monkey do against Jin's insane analytical prediction that can sense and predict absolutely everything, and it being better than other analytical stuff that can perceive your next move by simply seeing your gaze and the twitch of your muscles?
Well the muscle twitch isn't likely to be helpful since Neither the VTSG nor its summons need to move their bodies in order to attack, but the line of sight will be petty useful assuming VTSG's face is even visible past all the pojectiles which spawn directly in front of its face (I haven't mentioned it yet, but Vengeful True Sun God opens by immediately summoning 4 planes which constantly shoot bombs and darts directly at Jin and will be consistently be summoning Dark Avatars over the course of the fight)
The dude was also able to dodge a danmaku, which was stated by a martial art expert to be impossible to dodge, comparing it to a thunderstorm, just how a normal human cannot run through a thunderstorm without getting wet, Jin shouldn't be able to run through the dudes attacks without getting hit, and yet he did. Keep in mind this was while he was slowed from the enemy's killing intent, and if one of the attacks even manages to hit Jin, he would've gotten one shotted.
well with that in mind, we might not need to assume that VTSG's attacks don't one shot anyway
Also, I believe its safe to say that we can all agree Jin heavily, heavily outskills the super monkey? And the fact that he can potentially one-shot with Pressure Point strike, which can shut off one's meridians, knocking them unconscious, although he doesn't really use it that much.
Yes most contestants with skill feats will outskill Super Monkey who mainly just spams. Not entirely sue how similar Monkey God biology is to human biology, but it likely wont matter if its out of character
The dude also has a shit ton of Aoe attacks, attacks that are kilometers in range, massive lifting strength advantage, absolutely bonkers sensing aside from the analytical prediction he already has, forcefield negation, mind manip if he loses grip of his sword, paralysis inducement if he leaves the sword inside super monkey, can make large af tornados, minor durability neg, ie if he scales above people who could cause you to almost piss yourself and have all the hair on your back stand straight with a simple shout, and he also scales above a dude who can injure your internal organs by attacking any part of your body.
The ranged AoE is probably gonna be more useful since VTSG is gonna be more effective against melee focused character. Unless its in character to intentionally ditch his sword just to let it tempt the enemy, that won't be a factor.
Necrozma is bullshit incarnate, though.
True lol

Last edited:
Also, from the core of the sun?

Nothing on Necrozma's PnA has anything close to this level of heat manip, Super Monkey's plasma fuckery are like 27 million degrees Farenheit, I'm not seeing anyone in the tourney resisting this, ever.

If it was like in the 1000-10000 range, then, it wouldn't one shot but it would deal quite a **** ton of damage, but this shit is straight up bonkers.
It can just absorb the energy from it so practically speaking it doesn't really do anything to Necrozma

Well the muscle twitch isn't likely to be helpful since Neither the VTSG nor its summons need to move their bodies in order to attack, but the line of sight will be petty useful assuming VTSG's face is even visible past all the pojectiles which spawn directly in front of its face (I haven't mentioned it yet, but Vengeful True Sun God opens by immediately summoning 4 planes which constantly shoot bombs and darts directly at Jin and will be consistently be summoning Dark Avatars over the course of the fight)
Ah no, Jin isn't the one with the whole muscle and face twitch stuff, his version is just much better.

Here's his analytical prediction:

It was often said that after a warrior has acquired a certain amount of fighting experience, they’d gain an ability known as “Perception”. This ability allowed them to perceive their opponents’ next move by observing the direction of their gazes and the twitching of their muscles.

However, Jin Mu-Won felt that what he was currently experiencing was not the normal kind of “Perception”, but rather, an actual sensory enhancement. He was so sensitive to his environment that no change, no matter how small, could escape his notice.

It was as if the entire space around him had become his absolute dominion.

Meanwhile, Tae Mu-Kang’s frustration was building up. Again and again, Jin Mu-Won had successfully dodged and parried his attacks. To make it worse, he always avoided the attack by the smallest possible margin, using the minimal amount of movement.
Yes most contestants with skill feats will outskill Super Monkey who mainly just spams. Not entirely sue how similar Monkey God biology is to human biology, but it likely wont matter if its out of character
I mean, he'll likely eventually will lead with it. Albeit it'll like take quite a while.
The ranged AoE is probably gonna be more useful since VTSG is gonna be more effected against melee focused character. Unless its in character to intentionally ditch his sword just to let it tempt the enemy, that won't be a factor.
Yeah, his mind manip only works if he loses grip of his by either being incapped, or being thrown far away to the point he loses his sword.

Also, Jin has reactive power level, with him getting more experienced and smoother the longer the fight goes.

Anyways, it seems that Super Monkey's only advantage is his plasma shit hitting Jin?

no, that's not the only advantage, like I said, VTSG will open by summoning planes which shoot bombs and darts that with homing, and will also be summoning avatars throughout the match every couple of seconds. These avatars are actually likely going to be the main source of dps since VTSG passively amps its allies' speed, range, and AP. Also increases the amount of enemies a single attack can pierce through at once, though that won't matter in this fight. The avatars' attacks should also have >core of the sun level vaporizing attacks. The VTSG itself will still be attacking and while it does do good damage, generally its biggest strength is as a support tower. In addition to passively buffing the avatars, it will also be shooting ice shots which freeze everything in the area around where it hits, glue which will slow down the speed of anything affected by it, and multiple methods of knockback including the main plasma attack which deals knockback on its own, a field of magic which has significantly stronger knockback and knocks back everything inside it but does have a smaller radius (which is a big reason why VTSG excels against melee fighters), mind manipulation which makes enemies temporarily run away from the fight, and also tornados.

no, that's not the only advantage, like I said, VTSG will open by summoning planes which shoot bombs and darts that with homing, and will also be summoning avatars throughout the match every couple of seconds. These avatars are actually likely going to be the main source of dps since VTSG passively amps its allies' speed, range, and AP.
Can't he just yeet them with a single aoe attack or smth? Or are they as durable as the super monkey?

Also, that reminds me, how do we treat stronger attacks? I know that ap and shit gets equalized, but does that mean that attacks that are stronger than normal basic attacks will also be equalized to that of a normal basic attack, or will they retain their normal superiority, ie being x times stronger than their basic attacks?

I probably butchered the wording for this, tbh.

@DemonicDude we need your help here!
The avatars' attacks should also have >core of the sun level vaporizing attacks.
Any scan of this?
it will also be shooting ice shots which freeze everything in the area around where it hits
Doubt that it will do much, considering Jin casually walks shirtless in a freezing environment that even people with chi were getting their ass frozen, and the dude walked like he was having a walk in the park.
glue which will slow down the speed of anything affected by it
If it needs to hit the opponent, then chances are Jin just going to dodge it or smth, not to mention he already dodged the massive danmaku while being slowed.
Mind manipulation which makes enemies temporarily run away from the fight, and also tornados.
Jin already has resistance to mind manip, but what you just described sounds like fear manip?

Also doubt the tornados are gonna do much when the dude 24/7 fights against other dudes who could make air blasts so powerful that could bust through mountains, make large ass tornados, and Jin making a tornado himself and being inside the center of said tornado.

Also, how does knockback stuff work against higher LS?

Oh and, can't Jin just intimidate super monkey? The dude pretty much made another dude paralyzed with his strength and aura.

Oh and, can't Jin just intimidate super monkey? The dude pretty much made another dude paralyzed with his strength and aura.
If Monkey hasn't shown any defenses to fear based powers then it should work, Frimi would tell you about his fear related resistances if he has them.

I'm here what's the issue ? Can someone summarize.
How do we treat stronger attacks than basic attacks?

Basically, Jin has an attack that is much stronger than his basic one, capable of oneshotting people he is comparable to. Would that attack get equalized to his basic attacks?

Can't he just yeet them with a single aoe attack or smth? Or are they as durable as the super monkey?
with the tourney rules, all summons also get stat equalized
Any scan of this?
Well tbh it would be more accurate to say the avatars are at least the core of the sun attacks as opposed to being strictly greater than, but the dark avatars are literally just a better version of the source of the core of the sun upgrade + being passively buffed by VTSG which would actually make each individual avatar the strongest and fastest thing on the battlefield
Doubt that it will do much, considering Jin casually walks shirtless in a freezing environment that even people with chi were getting their ass frozen, and the dude walked like he was having a walk in the park.
Keep in mind that resistance to extreme temp is not necessarily the same as resistance to ice/fire manipulation. Especially considering that surviving in space is enough to give any character resistance to extreme cold but not anything to do with ice. (which almost every character in the bloons verse has space surviving feats, whereas only a select few have resistance to ice manip)
If it needs to hit the opponent, then chances are Jin just going to dodge it or smth, not to mention he already dodged the massive danmaku while being slowed.
Fair
Jin already has resistance to mind manip, but what you just described sounds like fear manip?
Actually, it's described more as a distraction than a fear thing
Also doubt the tornados are gonna do much when the dude 24/7 fights against other dudes who could make air blasts so powerful that could bust through mountains, make large ass tornados, and Jin making a tornado himself and being inside the center of said tornado.
Yeah that's what I figured, but I mentioned it bc I thought it was kinda funny that both characters can specifically make tornados as opposed to some general weather manipulation. It's such a niche thing for both of them to have

with the tourney rules, all summons also get stat equalized
Ah right, I forgot about that.

Though, considering the lifting strength difference, can't he just... yeet them? The dude casually yeeted 7 disciples of a martial art sect, with them stating to be more powerful and stronger than the dude who did the Class K feat.
Well tbh it would be more accurate to say the avatars are at least the core of the sun attacks as opposed to being strictly greater than, but the dark avatars are literally just a better version of the source of the core of the sun upgrade + being passively buffed by VTSG which would actually make each individual avatar the strongest and fastest thing on the battlefield
Ain't knowledgeable on bloons stuff, but are they just stronger than the previous upgrades, and that's it? Like, was it ever stated that they have the previous abilities of their previous forms?
Keep in mind that resistance to extreme temp is not necessarily the same as resistance to ice/fire manipulation. Especially considering that surviving in space is enough to give any character resistance to extreme cold but not anything to do with ice. (which almost every character in the bloons verse has space surviving feats, whereas only a select few have resistance to ice manip)
I don't see why not? Not to mention, even if it didn't, it still likely won't hit him at all.

Also, surviving is space no longer gives resistance to extreme cold, FYI.
Actually, it's described more as a distraction than a fear thing
Wut? If it's just a simple distraction stuff, then I highly doubt it will work against Jin since this seems more like a simple distraction shit rather than a supernatural stuff.

Though, considering the lifting strength difference, can't he just... yeet them? The dude casually yeeted 7 disciples of a martial art sect, with them stating to be more powerful and stronger than the dude who did the Class K feat.
when you say "yeeted 7 deciples" do you mean literally just picked them up and tossed them away? I'm not sure if you're using lifting strength when you should be using AP here.
Ain't knowledgeable on bloons stuff, but are they just stronger than the previous upgrades, and that's it? Like, was it ever stated that they have the previous abilities of their previous forms?
Unless explicitly stated (such as when dartling gunner gets upgraded to buckshot) otherwise that is typically assumed to be the case. However even still, when I say the dark avatars are just a better version of the sun attack, I don't mean an upgrade, I mean a literally altered version of the same exact tower with all its stats increased. And even then, they are still avatars of the vengeful true sun god, so I don't see why their attacks would suddenly not be sun based anymore.
I don't see why not? Not to mention, even if it didn't, it still likely won't hit him at all.
Even without the space stuff, all the characters that would get cold resist are also consistently seen being totally fine in other extreme weather conditions and once again, resistance ice manipulation =/= resistance to extreme cold, especially in the bloons verse. Think of it this way, you can still get frozen in ice regardless of whether you think the ice is cold or not. Oh and, unlike the glue attack, this one does have AoE, still dodgable, but not as trivially
Also, surviving is space no longer gives resistance to extreme cold, FYI.
oh damn, when did that happen?
Wut? If it's just a simple distraction stuff, then I highly doubt it will work against Jin since this seems more like a simple distraction shit rather than a supernatural stuff.
it is still a magic ability, like it's not as if VTSG points in the other direction and shout's "oh my me, a UFO! Quick, turn around!" It's magic that causes opponents to become distracted

Last edited:
How do we treat stronger attacks than basic attacks?

Basically, Jin has an attack that is much stronger than his basic one, capable of oneshotting people he is comparable to. Would that attack get equalized to his basic attacks?
AP is equal, Stats amps are allowed tho if this attack he has is AP then it's just equalized.

when you say "yeeted 7 deciples" do you mean literally just picked them up and tossed them away? I'm not sure if you're using lifting strength when you should be using AP here.
Ah no, I meant that a simple draw from his blade yeeted them away. Although you could argue its also AP, as I don't really know how these types of shit work tbh.
Unless explicitly stated (such as when dartling gunner gets upgraded to buckshot) otherwise that is typically assumed to be the case. However even still, when I say the dark avatars are just a better version of the sun attack, I don't mean an upgrade, I mean a literally altered version of the same exact tower with all its stats increased. And even then, they are still avatars of the vengeful true sun god, so I don't see why their attacks would suddenly not be sun based anymore.
Aha okay.
Even without the space stuff, all the characters that would get cold resist are also consistently seen being totally fine in other extreme weather conditions and once again, resistance ice manipulation =/= resistance to extreme cold, especially in the bloons verse. Think of it this way, you can still get frozen in ice regardless of whether you think the ice is cold or not. Oh and, unlike the glue attack, this one does have AoE, still dodgable, but not as trivially
Very well then, although I still very much doubt it will hit Jin when his analytical prediction and sensing just got so much better than before, considering all the danmaku dodging was done in his pre-timeskip key.
oh damn, when did that happen?
I don't really recall the thread, but I'm 99% sure it was decided that simply being in space or a vacuum no longer gives you any resistance.
it is still a magic ability, like it's not as if VTSG points in the other direction and shout's "oh my me, a UFO! Quick, turn around!" It's magic that causes opponents to become distracted
Ah, that would've been funnier tbh. But still, is it just mind manip? If so, then Jin will likely just shrug it off, since he already has resistance to mind manip from his sword, which can immediately mind manip anyone who looks at it (As long as Jin isn't holding it).

AP is equal, Stats amps are allowed tho if this attack he has is AP then it's just equalized.
Isn't that kind of weird? It's like equalizing Goku's kamehameha or spirit bomb to his basic attacks.

But still, if it does get equalized, then that's a huge rip.

Ah no, I meant that a simple draw from his blade yeeted them away. Although you could argue its also AP, but eh.
Even if that is LS, I'm not so sure to what extent that'd be contested LS. Either way, the Avatars have flight, so they won't be yeeted as easily.
Very well then, although I still very much doubt it will hit Jin when his analytical prediction and sensing just got so much better than before, considering all the danmaku dodging was done in his pre-timeskip key.
One thing I was meaning to say but keep getting off track is that I'm sure how the danmaku feat compares to VTSG's danmaku. Is it like Jin can move between raindrops? Because there's not really any "in between" at all when it comes to these attacks, as you might see in the danmaku link I sent a bit ago. Also just how reliably can Jin continue to dodge extreme danmaku over a prolonged period of time?
I don't really recall the thread, but I'm 99% sure it was decided that simply being in space or a vacuum no longer gives you any resistance.
Wild
Ah, that would've been funnier tbh. But still, is it just mind manip? If so, then Jin will likely just shrug it off, since he already has resistance to mind manip from his sword, which can immediately mind manip anyone who looks at it (As long as Jin isn't holding it).
Yes it is listed a mind manip and Jin would resist it
Isn't that kind of weird? It's like equalizing Goku's kamehameha or spirit bomb to his basic attacks.
Isn't a character's listed AP typically based on their strongest feat anyway?

Even if that is LS, I'm not so sure to what extent that'd be contested LS. Either way, the Avatars have flight, so they won't be yeeted as easily.
Alrighty then.
One thing I was meaning to say but keep getting off track is that I'm sure how the danmaku feat compares to VTSG's danmaku. Is it like Jin can move between raindrops? Because there's not really any "in between" at all when it comes to these attacks, as you might see in the danmaku link I sent a bit ago.
I'm not really sure I understand your question? But regardless, here's what the character said about him:

Common sense told Seo Mu-Sang that this was impossible. Just as a human cannot run through a thunderstorm without getting wet, there was no way Jin Mu-Won could dash through that rain of death without being hit.

And yet, the impossible was happening right now, right in front of him.

Hmm? On closer inspection, he’s not really avoiding Tae Mu-Kang’s black rain. It’s just…going through him? He’s like a ghost, or…a shadow.

A shadow without a material body.
Although Jin is very obviously not an actual shadow, it just seemed as if the attacks were going through him, but they were, in reality, not.
Also just how reliably can Jin continue to dodge extreme danmaku over a prolonged period of time?
Probably a bigger problem for the Super Monkey considering Jin just kept getting better and better, as his movements were getting smoother, and more experienced against Tae Mu-Kang's attacks. Hell, his analytical prediction even told him that the whole rain of chi danmaku shit was easily dodgeable, so chances are the danmaku rain stuff didn't even pose a single threat to Jin, so its likely that Super monkey's danmaku fuckery won't be that much of a problem when he can casually dodge all of Tae Mu-Kang's attacks.
Isn't a character's listed AP typically based on their strongest feat anyway?
Nahhhh, Jin went toe to toe with Jo, a master martial artist who's like the best in hand-to-hand combat in all of LOTNB, and Jo managed to like damage Jin heavily, to the point he bled out and went unconscious for a split second. But his strongest attack literally one shotted him.

btw, how does Jin do against flying opponents?
I don't recall him ever fighting against flight opponents, but not that it will matter anyways when the dude already has a **** ton of abilities that range from hundreds of meters to kilometers (One of them being an aoe that covered an entire mountain that reached the clouds) all the way to tens of kilometers (Some of his attacks are in the ~15-20 kilometers range).

Not to mention, his sense, pre-timeskip, was so powerful that he could sense even the buzzing of bees and the rustling of leaves dozens of miles away, and his senses were incomparably stronger in his post-timeskip.

I know how it feels I had my alone debates too just really look for the scenes or scans of your characters make sure he has something in his arsenal to counter attack if can't outright win atleast look for an incon.

Although Jin is very obviously not an actual shadow, it just seemed as if the attacks were going through him, but they were, in reality, not.
ok so I'm actually a bit confused now, did he dodge the attacks faster than the eye could see or literally go through them, like intangibility?
Probably a bigger problem for the Super Monkey considering Jin just kept getting better and better, as his movements were getting smoother, and more experienced against Tae Mu-Kang's attacks. Hell, his analytical prediction even told him that the whole rain of chi danmaku shit was easily dodgeable, so chances are the danmaku rain stuff didn't even pose a single threat to Jin, so its likely that Super monkey's danmaku fuckery won't be that much of a problem when he can casually dodge all of Tae Mu-Kang's attacks.
it can be hard to compare since one is literature and the other is a more visual medium. But if his analytical prediction told him that the rain of chi was dodgable, what's the guarantee it'll do the same for VTSG? Especially considering that the avatar's are going to be the fastest things on the battlefield and their attacks contribute to the danmaku

ok so I'm actually a bit confused now, did he dodge the attacks faster than the eye could see or literally go through them, like intangibility?
Good question, I'd like to know that as well.

That's one of the perks of Korean and Chinese Novels, they are ******* bizarre. Although it's likely he just dodged them, and his shadow aura or whatever made it look like he was an actual shadow.
it can be hard to compare since one is literature and the other is a more visual medium. But if his analytical prediction told him that the rain of chi was dodgable, what's the guarantee it'll do the same for VTSG?
I don't see why not? I mean, if the rain of chi was like easily dodgable to Jin, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to dodge VTSG's bullshittery, although it will likely be harder.

Also, can't we just make an argument for Jin insta-incapping Super Monkey once he realizes that it's basically just a statue? While Jin doesn't use Pressure Point strike in character, but the logical reasoning for that is because everyone he fights against are trained martial artists, or people who have real strong Chi, ie not letting their guards are their meridians down. Although its likely that newer novel chapters will give more info about his pressure point strike, and analytical prediction.

But regardless, can ya give me a video of VTSG attacks? I've only seen photos, but that can only go so far.

Although honestly, I'm really not in the mood for arguing, and the next chapters of the LOTNB might change quite a bit about Jin.

I'm alright with making this an incon or a win for the Super Monkey, even tho I honestly believe should be able to win, but I really ain't looking forward to debating it.

Back