• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erasing someone from infinite timelines

So basically, there are some characters capable of erasing a person and all of his alternate selves from infinite timelines.

Question is: How do we treat this?

People have two opinions on how it should treat this, which have been brought up on this thread:

• Treating it as AP: Since you are technically erasing an infinite amount of matter, it should count as High 3-A (High Universal) AP.
  • Treating it as just Hax: Since it sounds like a more specific ability + range, it sounds more like an additional effect of hax like Existence Erasure, Time Manipulation and/or Reality Warping. Thus, it would/should not scale to AP.
So which one of those would be the more correct option?

Vote counts:

• AP: 0
  • Hax: 3

Im in favor of just high range hax, we don't treat any other existence erasure as ap as far as I know. Thus to me it would be weird to make such an exception just because it has (Would it be multiversal range) ludicously high range. Aplogies and I understand if anyone disagrees just throwing my thoughts in.

Range.

A tier only matters when we are getting into tier 2 stuff and above in my opinion. It is still hax no matter how big the target after all.

Why did I think this is about Medea?

Basically depends on what makes most sense in context (and possibly mechanics).

Thing is, Dio uses the same ability to both erase and create, so they would scale to each other. If Dio couldn't use RO in a AP way, the EE wouldn't scale to AP, that much I can agree with.

Yes, I know this is technically a general question, so I'll give a more general answer. EE on its own doesn't scale to AP, but if the thing you use EE with can also create or have AP feats, then it should scale.

I don't think anyone has a tier via Existence Erasure, so that

Doeant change the actual function though

Hax with range FRA.

@Wok I think something like erasing a universe would give a Low 2-C tier, although I don't think the same is done for things below tier 2

As for the question, I don't think it's just hax with range since it should be a potency feat for EE as well, but apart from that I think this option is better

it should just be given a tier if the erasure has a better destructive feat them their normal feats, like zeno's normal feat is flicking planets and his erasure feat is low multiversal. or if it is literally the only way they cause destruction feats

So is the conclusion here that it should be treated as a powerful hax?

Ok, it seems that we have reached a general agreement. Back onto HA Dio, however:

TriforcePower1 said:
Thing is, Dio uses the same ability to both erase and create, so they would scale to each other. If Dio couldn't use RO in a AP way, the EE wouldn't scale to AP, that much I can agree with.
Yes, I know this is technically a general question, so I'll give a more general answer. EE on its own doesn't scale to AP, but if the thing you use EE with can also create or have AP feats, then it should scale.
Triforce brings this up.

Dio can use Reality Warping both to create and to destroy things. He even created a presumably Tier 4 structure.

If he used this same ability to erase someone from infinite timelines, should it get scaled to High 3-A, via erasing/warping infinite matter?

I do not know how to answer your question.

He did create a dimension though.

GojiBoyForever said:
So wait erasing infinite matter is just hax with range?
No, but it's really specific, and it extremely unlikely that the author would go like "yeah i mean this to say that im erasing infinite matter".

DMB 1 said:
We don't really rely on the author's intent for feats though.
We don't but again the feat is really weird and it's just abusing the tiering system at this point to give infinite 3D AP cus of infinite mass. Not to mention we do not exactly give AP from erasing people outta existence.

I mean, heaven ascension dio is 2-A for doing it. Though his doing it via overriding reality itself... and hes getting downgraded.

Erase is by default hax based, AP is when its made by raw strength. Erase someone from all timelines is not possible to do by only raw power.

What about "High 3-A" via hax like his "2-A via hax" formerly. If we're gonna stop giving tiers based on hax then that should downgrade a few characters. I think Zeno would become "Unknown".

Personally I consider tier via hax its unnecessary and misleading, and yes, technically Zen'o shouldn't be rated with AP, as one does not erase everything from existance via AP.

Well, erasing universes from existence would require negating the entire timelines, which is considered as an AP feat by us, due to the scale involved, in lack of better options.

Dio was never 2-A via erasing a person from every universe. He was 2-A for erasing The Love Train from infinite universes, which at the time, it was 2-A, and it was believed that Valentine had it when he fought Dio (which he didn't), and the fact that the Love Train and the Corpse Parts don't have alternate counterparts in other realities. Also because of misconceptions.

Back