• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ERROR, ERROR. IMAGINATION NOT FOUND: Error Sans vs Celica

Due to lots of hax, I'll clarify what I think will count as in character winning in this comment.

For Celica, I can see her literally just fighting because she's annoyed her meditation was interrupted, and then decides to defeat ERROR Sans so that she can subdue him then study him scintifically. Therefore, a KO and nothing more, which means her Death Manipulation and Killing Eye abilities are handicapped unless she feels she must get extremely serious. Due to ERROR Sans having no resistance to death manip, this handicap will be useful for him.

ERROR Sans, meanwhile, obvious wouldn't mind killing Celica, even attacking her soul if he must. He cannot win by his pseudo-BFR ("Able to lock his opponent in place so neither of them will be able to do anything"), as she is not bound by RPG logic. To elaborate, this ability works off a turn-based battle system, something she isn't bound by, thus rendering it useless on her. So, either via death or spiritual attacks. Due to Celica not possessing Astral defence, this will give ERROR Sans a bit of an advantage, but this doesn't define a win, as Celica also has ways of putting him down.

I'll comment a bit later on how I think the match will go down, just wanted to clarify what I see as win criteria.

Now for my thoughts on the match-up.

ERROR Sans: Due to timelines pretty much being synonymous to (or perhaps, dare I say, lesser than) universes in Undertale, Celica has apt enough defence to resist his Timeline Destruction. KARMA doesn't seem to have much effect, as even though she has a True Neutral aliment, she demonstrates no malice or impure intent, which KARMA is based around attacking. His Telekinesis, Teleportation and Gravity Manipulation will also be useful, and his range is about the same as hers (if not a little better?) via Teleportation, despite what his profile says. His biggest edge, however, is his Soul Manip and ability to attack souls, as (aforementioned) Celica lacks Astral Defence.

Celica: Her Space-Time Manipulation is superior to ERROR Sans' Spatial Manipulation, and their Reality Warping should counter each other, so she has some good counters to some of his otherwise powerful abilities. She could counter his Soul Manip to an extent with her Spiritual Force Manip, but this isn't likely enough to completely counter ERROR Sans' edge. I previously said that ERROR Sans' would aim to kill her, but her Type 4 Immortality would actually hinder this plan, forcing him to attack her soul, which... is both good and bad for her. Abilities in her favour would be Penance Stare (to distract him), Evil Eye (which can counter paralysis via Telekinesis or Gravity Manip, say), Mind Manip and Dream Manip.

To compare the two, ERROR Sans is going to be more than likely attacking with his more useful abilities to get her soul, but her Evil Eye and Penance Stare would help delay potentially harmful blows, and her Mind Manip could actually subdue him, making him no longer wishing to harm her. Her Dream Manip could be used for all sorts of things, perhaps granting her soul a shield (which is possible in UT logic), or summoning her own weapons (perhaps copying his Gaster Blasters) to attack him. So... I think in the end, despite the close call, Celica could win this.

Back