• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esper vs Hero: Shigeo Kageyama vs Izuku Midoriya (8-12-0)

Didn't see that part, yeah that's completely bogus unless you can provide evidence for it.

I may need to bring this up to have all of this changed.

However, I'd prefer if you can provide evidence for why his powers should work physically on himself instead of just pointing the finger.

Edit: Actually, if the ball's acceleration was 922.8 m/s^2 it would've reached a speed of 22147.2 m/s by the time it hit the ground.

The actual acceleration of that ball moving is nowhere close to that level of speed. Yeah both of the calculation are completely wrong.
Thus why I recalculated it... because I thought using acceleration was just blatantly wrong. So I just took the distance he applied his psychic power to the ball. And when did I make the assertion that his powers work physically on himself? I'm confused at what you're grasping at.

And when did I make the assertion that his powers work physically on himself?
Because that's the only way the two calculation works, as I've already explained.

The ball clearly doesn't have an acceleration value you're getting or the other calc is getting, we can visually see how fast it's moving and how it accelerates.

As such we should be calculating the actual acceleration we see on screen.

Because that's the only way the two calculation works, as I've already explained.

The ball clearly doesn't have an acceleration value you're getting or the other calc is getting, we can visually see how fast it's moving and how it accelerates.

As such we should be calculating the actual acceleration we see on screen.
My calculation is getting force from work. This is something that has been accepted on the wiki literally numerous times. Heck, the person who first told me about it was Armorchompy when I needed help calculating a feat. You don't need to calc acceleration at all to get force.

My calculation is getting force from work. This is something that has been accepted on the wiki literally numerous times. Heck, the person who first told me about it was Amor when I needed help calculating a feat. You don't need to calc acceleration at all to get force.
You're method only applies if he's physically pushing the ball, which he is not. Finding work is done by dividing joules from the moment made from contact to the end of contact. In the case of throwing a ball, you have to measure the distance they move while physically throwing the ball. Then divide the ball's KE by the arm's distance to get force. That would be the force generate by the arm when throwing the ball.

I'm aware you understand this part, but there is one issue.

Mob is not physically throwing this ball. His arm movement is unrelated to how much force he's unleashing, as shown in the clip I'm seeing in the show.

You're method only applies if he's physically pushing the ball, which he is not.
It doesn't tho? It just takes the distance his psychic power was in contact with the ball.
However, Mob is not physically throwing this ball. His arm movement is unrelated to how much force he's unleashing, as shown in the clip I'm seeing in the show.
If his movement was unrelated to the act of applying his power to the ball, he wouldn't have done so at all. The fact he moved his arm at all shows us he chose to apply the power via physical movement/manifestation. And I simply calculated the yank movement as that would be the distance he applied his psychic power against the ball.

If his movement was unrelated to the act of applying his power to the ball, he wouldn't have done so at all. The fact he moved his arm at all shows us he chose to apply the power via physical movement/manifestation. And I simply calculated the yank movement as that would be the distance he applied his psychic power against the ball.
I'm saying unrelated in terms of force, not that he didn't need to make any movement to throw the ball. Your calculation is getting the force his arms are generating via that movement, assuming it was pushing against the weight of the ball as he made that movement.

If the ball was thrown with that much force it'd have a stupidly high acceleration, which is clearly not the case as we can visually see.

I'll make this clear, in order for your calc to work Mob's arm has to be physically pushing against the weight of that ball. You have not provided any evidence that supports the physical movement of his arms withstanding the full weight of that ball as he made that movement.

The other calc is wrong as well for somewhat similar reasons.

I feel bad about this since I know I'm explaining this horribly.

I'm saying unrelated in terms of force, not that he didn't need to make any movement to throw the ball. Your calculation is getting the force his arms are generating via that movement, assuming it was pushing against the weight of the ball as he made that movement.

If the ball was thrown with that much force it'd have a stupidly high acceleration, which is clearly not the case as we can visually see.

I'll make this clear, in order for your calc to work Mob's arm has to be physically pushing against the weight of that ball. You have not provided any evidence that supports the physical movement of his arms withstanding the full weight of that ball as he made that movement.

The other calc is wrong as well for somewhat similar reasons.

I feel bad about this since I know I'm explaining this horribly.
I have to say yes, I am a bit confused by the explanation. I'll try to simplify what I'm getting across.

I DON'T think Mob's arms are bearing the force of the ball whatsoever. I think his psychic powers are bearing the force. And with his hand movement, he can't direct those psychic forces if he chooses to ofc, not a requirement

I think the distance he moved his hand is simply the distance he applied the psychic energy against the ball since immediately after he stops exerting force on the ball and starts fighting his opponent. As an analogy, imagine someone with the power to move a wall made of pure energy via hand movements. I move my hand in like a 90 degree arc. As soon as I'm finished with that motion, the wall also stops moving and applying force to the object it was pushing. It's the same principle but rather than a wall, it's invisible psychic energy. It'd also be worth noting that the ball wouldn't continue to accelerate faster and faster after the force is done being exerted because there'd literally be no force adding energy into the system and thus causing it to accelerate. It would actually start to slow down.

I'm back. And apologies for derailing the thread.

I skimmed through the match so I don't know if it was ever answered, but Izuku had an answer to Mob trying to pop his internals or organs? Like when he gave up and tried to kill Toichiro while popping out his eye? Just confirming
Yeah this kind of changes a lot if Mob can just insta-win whenever he wants by attacking Izuku's insides.

Was the LS thing settled?

I'm back. And apologies for derailing the thread.

Yeah this kind of changes a lot if Mob can just insta-win whenever he wants by attacking Izuku's insides.
Yeah, it really does.

Was the LS thing settled?
That's something else that can be discussed elsewhere.

If Mob has higher LS by the end, then this fight cannot happen period as it'd be a complete stomp.

However, if I'm wrong about this calculation stuff, then I can use it to upgrade All Might's and others Lifting Strength to Class P with a few calculations.

That's something else that can be discussed elsewhere.

If Mob has higher LS by the end, then this fight cannot happen period as it'd be a complete stomp.

However, if I'm wrong about this calculation stuff, then I can use it to upgrade All Might's and others Lifting Strength to Class P with a few calculations.
HUH

Also if his insides start getting attacked, can’t Deku keep them together with Blackwhip? I mean it’s not that much different from when he forced his muscles to contract with Blackwhip inside his arms and having his organs messed with isn’t exactly going to put him down.

Also if his insides start getting attacked, can’t Deku keep them together with Blackwhip? I mean it’s not that much different from when he forced his muscles to contract with Blackwhip inside his arms and having his organs messed with isn’t exactly going to put him down.
I mean, assuming Mob can crush his heart I don't see Blackwhip helping. Izuku's never taken damage anywhere close to that either.

He isn't healing after all, just holding himself together. If Mob can damage his organs enough that they stop working, no Blackwhip can help that.

I mean yeah, he’s cooked if his heart goes poof assuming Mob goes for that.

Though now I’m confused. Does he start with heart crushing or absorption or possession or mind control or ragdolling or what. I’ve gotten like 4 different responses to what Mob starts with in this thread and now that it’s done another one pops up.

Also hold up, where is it shown he’s trying to pop out Toichiro’s eye? He just seems to be twisting him/crushing his body and the force reached up to his head. And even that doesn’t prove he can just grab his heart out of his chest or something? Like if he could do that why didn’t he or hasn’t he before?

If he could do something like crush someone’s heart while it’s in their body, it would be reflected on his profile as a form of durability negation.

If he could do something like crush someone’s heart while it’s in their body, it would be reflected on his profile as a form of durability negation.
That's what I'd like to ask, since I know nothing about Mob.

I hope someone knowledgeable enough about the series could explain this, and if true that should be added to his profile in a CRT.

Considering the nature of that being an ability he doesn't have on his profile yet, I don't know if further discussion here means anything.

I have watched all 3 seasons, though I haven’t read the manga, I don’t even recall Mob doing anything resembling internal damage in the anime besides twisting Toichiro’s whole body. It would be odd if ???% who’s bloodlusted never thought to target insides during all his fights in the last few episodes if he could.

IDK anything about the series and I also don't plan on watching it so feel free to spoil anything if you want to explain it. Apologies if this is something obvious.
Really? Take it from me, you're absolutely missing out. It's got a charm and heart that few anime have, and chocked full of awesome fights. Personally, I think it's better than MHA since the characters have a bit more depth than MHA. It's also not particularly long, so it wouldn't be a huge chunk of your time.

Really? Take it from me, you're absolutely missing out. It's got a charm and heart that few anime have, and chocked full of awesome fights. Personally, I think it's better than MHA since the characters have a bit more depth than MHA. It's also not particularly long, so it wouldn't be a huge chunk of your time.
I've read up a bit about because of this thread, spoiling the "plot" in the process, and it does not hold my interest in the slightest.

Just doesn't click with me.

Also hold up, where is it shown he’s trying to pop out Toichiro’s eye? He just seems to be twisting him/crushing his body and the force reached up to his head. And even that doesn’t prove he can just grab his heart out of his chest or something? Like if he could do that why didn’t he or hasn’t he before?

The eye popping happens in the manga (the scan should be on Toichirou's regeneration justification).

And the profile is kinda old lol. I plan to get some free time and revamp it with proper anime and manga scans.

I mean yeah, he’s cooked if his heart goes poof assuming Mob goes for that.

Though now I’m confused. Does he start with heart crushing or absorption or possession or mind control or ragdolling or what. I’ve gotten like 4 different responses to what Mob starts with in this thread and now that it’s done another one pops up.
It's usually immobilisation via grabbing someone telekinetically or massive area-of-effect energy blasts. What he does after is what varies. The absorption and gravity increase is passive but can be done actively as well.

Mind control and possession aren't immediate openers so I dunno why they're even mentioned here. If it was then this would be a very different thread.

The eye popping happens in the manga (the scan should be on Toichirou's regeneration justification).

And the profile is kinda old lol. I plan to get some free time and revamp it with proper anime and manga scans.
I see the scan, that’s not his eye getting popped directly, it’s a side effect of Mob crushing his whole body, starting at his arm. So it’s not him specifically targeting his eye it’s just kind of a thing that would happen if someone were to be full body squished by anything. Using that to say he can target internals is just not valid imo.

Deku would feel the pressure on his body (which he would precog with Danger Sense to be an attack of an unknown nature, likely telekinesis which is a power he knows exists) and dip the hell out before he gets fully grabbed by the energy. Then he activates GS and goes to put Mob down cause he has to minimize damage.

I see the scan, that’s not his eye getting popped directly, it’s a side effect of Mob crushing his whole body, starting at his arm. So it’s not him specifically targeting his eye it’s just kind of a thing that would happen if someone were to be full body squished by anything. Using that to say he can target internals is just not valid imo.
If you look at the image you can actually see how Toichiro eardrum exploded and how his eyes was twisting and bleeding while Mob tried to pop it out, this despite Toichiro specifically using psychic powers to try counter Mob psychic power. Unless your argument would be something along the lines of Izuku eyes being durable enough to resist ??? psychic powers, I don't know why he wouldn't be affected.

Back