• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eustass Kidd's quest for more W's. Part 2: I sawed this moon in half! (0-10-0) (GRACE)

After defeating the funny looking skeleton, Kid traveled into another dimension. This time he ends up on the moon (don't ask how he can breathe there). There he meets a couple, the bride has weird looking white eyes, and doesn't seem to like the groom. Still, without hesitation, Kidd challenged the groom to a fight. Now on the surface of the moon, Kidd noticed for some reason the moon is falling rapidly towards this dimension's earth, and is also split in half? He also saw another dude with blonde hair laying unconscious. "Whatever", he thought. "Let's see if I can win this one."

Eustass Kid vs Toneri Otsutsuki
Battle takes place on Narutoverse's moon.
Kid is 5-C
Kid starts with Punk Rotten and has some extra metal, Toneri starts in Tenseigan Chakra Mode. 500m starting distance. Speed equalized

Quick stats:

Eustass Kid
AP: 33.6 Exatons, higher with Punk Rotten, even higher with his strongest attacks
Durability: 33.6 Exatons
Notable abilities: Magnetism Manipulation, Armament and Observation Haki

Toneri:
AP: At most 44.37 Exatons, 88.74 Exatons with Ginrin Tensei Baku and Super Moon Splitter Beam Kinrin Tensei Baku
Durability: At most 44.37 Exatons, higher with Truth Seeking Orbs
Notable abilities: Telekinesis, Flight, Truth Seeking Orbs

Votes:
Useless Cappin Mid:
Moon-splitter dude: @Apollonir.Scale @That_moron2 @Godernet, @DavidTPPM @Spectra_Schiffer, @Superscharbe, @Padaruyos, @Arkenis, @Rez, @Shadow-Ragna,
Naruto finally wakes up and one shots them both (Incon):

Last edited:
Kid has an advantage over base Toneri because of relative A.P, Kid’s greater endurance, and his lifting strength compounded with Toneri’s lack of battle experience. Not that it matters since he starts in TCM. Against TCM Toneri, Kid will have to be careful to avoid the TSOs and rely on his range being greater than the TSOs, until Toneri uses some of his longer range attacks. Kid will just have to try and dodge or block them and outlast.

outside of TSO + flight advantage which a pretty concrete wincon on its own.

Kidd really doesn't have anything to deal with Class Z Telekinesis with Planetary Range crushing him.

outside of TSO + flight advantage which a pretty concrete wincon on its own.

Kidd really doesn't have anything to deal with Class Z Telekinesis with Planetary Range crushing him.
How often does Toneri use Telekinesis to crush someone? (I haven't seen the last)

How often does Toneri use Telekinesis to crush someone? (I haven't seen the last)
He didn't but he only ever had one fight and it was Nard and he was already using the tenseigan's power to move the moon to crash into earth at the time.

not that character matters here since Kidd doesn't really have a way to do any reliable damage so Toneri would have plenty of time to conclude that he needs TK if we're being generous and say that he even needs his TK.

Toneri can fly, has better range, better LS, better AP, and has TSO.

meanwhile, Kidd is a punch/grapple merchant who rarely uses his Kenbun.

He didn't but he only ever had one fight and it was Nard and he was already using the tenseigan's power to move the moon to crash into earth at the time.
This fight takes place on the moon though... He's probably pulling it.
not that character matters here since Kidd doesn't really have a way to do any reliable damage so Toneri would have plenty of time to conclude that he needs TK if we're being generous and say that he even needs his TK.
You say that like the difference in Toneri's durability and Kid's A.P is huge or something.

This fight takes place on the moon though... He's probably pulling it.
why would he be pulling it?

he was doing it in The Last for his plan, he doesn't have to follow it for a random encounter 1v1.
You say that like the difference in Toneri's durability and Kid's A.P is huge or something.
it's less about stats and more about abilities

Kidd is a punch-and-grapple merchant for the most part.

Toneri can fly and has more AP, range, and, abilities that can erase him(TSO), along with superior LS with TK.

getting any hits will be hard since for the most part, Kidd needs to get close, let alone enough to actually put Toneri down given how Toneri is already more durable than him.

Last edited:
it's less about stats and more about abilities

Kidd is a punch-and-grapple merchant for the most part.
Not with his hands. He fights at a range.
Toneri can fly and has more AP, range, and, abilities that can erase him(TSO), along with superior LS with TK.

getting any hits will be hard since for the most part, Kidd needs to get close, let alone enough to actually put Toneri down given how Toneri is already more durable than him.
You really do not seem to understand that Kid does not fight close quarters. Also Toneri is barely if at all more durable than Kid is since Toneri has that at most slapped on him.

Not with his hands. He fights at a range.
I never said he does it with his hands.

just that a lot of his moves are based around physically brawling people with his mechs outside of things like Assign(which still requires him to get close), repel(worthless here), and his projectile-based moves(punk pistols and Damned Punk.) which he doesn't even normally start with outside of against Shanks whose crew he's already lost to before and Corna Dio which will pm never land since Toneri can guard with TSO or just fly higher since from what we've seen he primarily fights in the air.
You really do not seem to understand that Kid does not fight close quarters
sigh... I'll just chalk it up to gooning ig.

Kidd has repeatedly shown that one of his primary strategies is to make giant metal constructs and use them to physically beat down or pin down people.

he did it in the Auction house in Sabaody
he did it against a pacifist
he did it against Apoo
he did it against Kaido and BM

we can go scan for scan on this but at that point, it just gets needlessly semantical.

I'm down tho if you want.

regardless he fights in close quarters with his mechs far more often than not.
Also Toneri is barely if at all more durable than Kid is since Toneri has that at most slapped on him.
it's still just another advantage he has over Kidd which was my main point in saying that.

Toneri has several advantages(range, LS, AP, Dura, Hax, can freely Fly), while Kidd really doesn't have any advantages to exploit.

Those advantages kind of just pile up into something Kidd just can't deal with.

If you can give a good wincon for Useless Captain Mid by all means do.

Cause I don't see one at all tbh.

Last edited:
I never said he does it with his hands.

just that a lot of his moves are based around physically brawling people with his mechs outside of things like Assign(which still requires him to get close), repel(worthless here), and his projectile-based moves(punk pistols and Damned Punk.) which he doesn't even normally start with outside of against Shanks whose crew he's already lost to before and Corna Dio which will pm never land since Toneri can guard with TSO or just fly higher since from what we've seen he primarily fights in the air.

sigh... I'll just chalk it up to gooning ig.

Kidd has repeatedly shown that one of his primary strategies is to make giant metal constructs and use them to physically beat down or pin down people.

he did it in the Auction house in Sabaody
he did it against a pacifist
he did it against Apoo
he did it against Kaido and BM

we can go scan for scan on this but at that point, it just gets needlessly semantical.

I'm down tho if you want.

regardless he fights in close quarters with his mechs far more often than not.

it's still just another advantage he has over Kidd which was my main point in saying that.

Toneri has several advantages(range, LS, AP, Dura, Hax, can freely Fly), while Kidd really doesn't have any advantages to exploit.

Those advantages kind of just pile up into something Kidd just can't deal with.

If you can give a good wincon for Useless Captain Mid by all means do.

Cause I don't see one at all tbh.
I just don't consider using a mech as up close considering its size. I also never said that Kid wins, just that I didn't really agree with some of your reasoning as to why he loses.

I just don't consider using a mech as up close considering its size.
difference of opinion ig, fair enough

to me needing to travel into close proximity to grab or punch people whether it's via mech, susanoo, or bare handed is close quarters since you basically need to establish some kind of contact to do anything.
I also never said that Kid wins, just that I didn't really agree with some of your reasoning as to why he loses.
fair

Kid has an advantage over base Toneri because of relative A.P, Kid’s greater endurance, and his lifting strength compounded with Toneri’s lack of battle experience. Not that it matters since he starts in TCM. Against TCM Toneri, Kid will have to be careful to avoid the TSOs and rely on his range being greater than the TSOs, until Toneri uses some of his longer range attacks. Kid will just have to try and dBuyodge or block them and outlast.
Yeah since Kid doesn't really have a win condition here beyond trying to wait until Toneri is tired, (which is going to be a very long time) I don't see him winning.

Not really. Toneris opening move against Naruto was to first use TK to take Hinata from him and then try to crush Naruto with TK
GIF-20240410-193939-980.gif

Toneri also has some of the strongest hax in he series. So he should probably slam here.
Put me down as voting for Toneri

besides Kage like Darui and Chojuro, there aren't really any Naruto GTs with bags bad enough to lose to Kidd.

Back