• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explanation Pages reorganisation (Important: Help needed)

If you write two modified text segments, I can copy-paste them afterwards.

For the Editing Rules:

Keep in mind that the contents of [[:Category:Explanation_Pages]Explanation Pages]] should strictly use formal language, and not rely on content such as fan terms or personal pronouns referring to the author(s) of the page in question. They should also strictly focus on explaining content that can't properly fit into profile pages, such as extensive reasoning for the scale of a verse cosmology or other complicated functions and structures within it, to provide justifications and background context for their currently listed powers and tiers in this wiki, without overlapping with the structure and function of verse-specific powers and abilities pages. Explanation Pages should be linked to as justifications in the associated relevant verse and character profile pages.

For the category:

Furthermore, please read the explained text in our [[Editing Rules]] before creating any explanation pages or making changes to our already existing ones.

As far I can tell it seems there's still the main premise of sorting out pages that may require being moved from blog posts to proper wiki pages as explanation pages, and removing those that aren't formally accepted from having non-blog/sandbox pages on the site.

Yes. My apologies. I forgot about that. Thank you for the reminder.

Hello.

I would greatly appreciate if any of you would be willing to investigate which of the blog posts listed with the "Explanation Pages" category that were never officially accepted and are not currently in use/officially referred to, so it can be removed.

Our wiki navigation bar also needs to be updated in this regard. If any of the "Information Pages" that it links to are outdated, they should be removed, and if you know of new well-constructed officially accepted and used explanation pages for the cosmologies of different reasonably prominent verses in our wiki, these should preferably be added instead.

View attachment 288

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit:

After discussion in other threads, I think that the current best approach here seems to be to clean up the "Explanation Pages" category, so only legimately accepted explanation pages are included, after the contents of them have been moved from blogs to regular wiki pages.

It may also be a good idea if the remaining blogs are kept track of by replacing the "Explanation Pages" category with "Explanation Blogs" instead.
I would greatly appreciate further help with these issues.

Perhaps we should start with cleaning up our wiki's navigation bar, as it seems to be the simplest task?

@Duedate8898 @Nehz_XZX @KLOL506 @Sir_Ovens @DarkDragonMedeus @Eficiente @Agnaa @Dereck03 @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @SamanPatou @Starter_Pack @Colonel_Krukov @Mr._Bambu @Abstractions @Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @Just_a_Random_Butler @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg

I would greatly appreciate further help with these issues.
I already clarified what we should do in the first comment in this post.
Perhaps we should start with cleaning up our wiki's navigation bar, as it seems to be the simplest task?
Idk this, if I'm not wrong this is for removing any outdated blog that is in the wiki navigation bar? IIRC I already looked through it and only found one outdated blog which I already addressed here which I already addressed here. So the only thing left is to move blog to regular pages.

I'm sure there are there do exist explanation pages and not just blog posts, though I do agree with making a category for explanation blogs and using those for all the blogs instead of pages.

Though I have work today, so cannot really handle it atm.

I already clarified what we should do in the first comment in this post.
Okay. So this then:
This one is practically pending, we agreed to use your draft and it was accepted by the other staffs, plus the only thing that was debated was whether to place it in the "Editing Rules", you can read the last posts in the thread for more context, plus I had already taken the time to compile the blogs that should be converted to regular pages here. I think it would be better if every supporter of X verse listed in the list I made should create the page respectively.
Idk this, if I'm not wrong this is for removing any outdated blog that is in the wiki navigation bar? IIRC I already looked through it and only found one outdated blog, which I already addressed here. So the only thing left is to move blog to regular pages.
Okay. That is good then.

Can you or somebody else help me to organise this please I am very distracted by real life right now.

None of the verses I support at the moment seem to require their explanation blogs being moved into proper pages on the site at the moment, so I can't do much here.

But regarding outdated featured explanation pages on the main top bar, I think it'd be best to ping some staff knowledgeable on the series involved to corroborate, as much as someone not into the series can't really say if it's outdated to begin with.

I'm unsure what verses need fixing and what not. And the few that do have stuff in blogs to my knowledge.

Okay. That is unfortunate.

What are you guys talking about that you don't know which blogs need to be converted to regular pages? I already made the list in this thread, the only thing under discussion was whether we (admins and content mods) should convert the blogs to regular pages or call their knowledgeable members for them to do so ....

And regarding the outdated section I also took care of listing the ones that were outdated and it was only 1 and it has already been replaced.

The explanation page looks better if it is a regular page. Blogs make it impossible to give additional information or some changes. I feel this should be addressed.

Thank you very much for being willing to help us out. 🙏

I glanced at this thread when I was pinged previously, and skimmed the list and saw nothing I'd be particularly qualified to actually assist with (outside of, perhaps, finding another party to actually take the mantle).

I come back and see an Absolver blog. I think, "Oh, someone made an Absolver blog, I could totally help with that!"

I then click the link.

I made an Absolver blog.

I have zero recollection of doing so. Literally none. Absolutely insane. I'll try to push it out into a proper page, though.

If I understand correctly, we'll be sorting through the listed blogs. Look for completed ones that have links to their respective accepted thread. When that's done, we'll be converting the blog into its own page.

If I understand correctly, we'll be sorting through the listed blogs. Look for completed ones that have links to their respective accepted thread. When that's done, we'll be converting the blog into its own page.
That is correct, yes. Thank you for the summary. 🙏

It would probably also be a good idea to remove the explanation pages category from the blog posts that are clearly unauthorised and unaccepted.

Tho, it is a bit complicated to know which one is unauthorized or unaccepted, but I may assume if you used “check links here" in the blog, you can see which verse page/character page is using that blog, and if there are completely none, it is fine to remove the category.

(my personal evaluation) but if you have any other suggestion, I don't mind.

So are any of you willing to help out with this please?

Thank you very much for helping out. Please collaborate with our content moderators.

I will talk with Dereck in private
:uwus:

Okay. That is good then. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

At the moment only the explanation pages/cosmology blogs should be moved to regular pages, there are still more blogs, but they are compilations of feats or explanation of some character, etc. There are also other blogs that explain aspects of X cosmology, but there are too many of them and I don't know if they would qualify.
By they way, since dread isn't handling this i'm now converting all these Cosmologies/Explanations Page in to regular pages.

Thanks a lot for all of your help. 🙏🙂

Did you remove first person text, such as mentions of specific members or addressing the readers, from the pages in question?

And did you redirect the links to them from other regular pages that linked to the blog posts that they are based on?

Also, did you remove the category from the low quality pages that are not actually officially used for any verse?

Back