• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extreme resistance namek race?

In the Moro saga, the Namekians were able to stay alive even after having their souls absorbed. According to bulma, it had been months, and still they were able to survive. pybara suggests that some races, because they have a large life force, could be resurrected after vegeta uses forced spirit separation. Esca It also mentions that somehow the Dragon Balls were able to protect their body.

I don't know exactly what this is, but shouldn't it give the namekids the ability to stay alive even after having their souls, life force etc... absorbed, would that be some hax? Or antihax? And it also has spheres protecting the body, would that be some kind of supernatural protection or what?

Well they were dead for sure but I suppose as long as their bodies don't decay they'd simply be able to return to life if they somehow got their souls back unlike others.

I'd guess then say if piccolo got his soul slapped from out of his body instead of being insta-dead GGs if he can somehow return his soul to his body he'd simply resurrect and could continue to fight

That is if I'm understanding correctly

Well they were dead for sure but I suppose as long as their bodies don't decay they'd simply be able to return to life if they somehow got their souls back unlike others.

I'd guess then say if piccolo got his soul slapped from out of his body instead of being insta-dead GGs if he can somehow return his soul to his body he'd simply resurrect and could continue to fight

That is if I'm understanding correctly
Yes, that would basically be it. I wondered if this qualifies as hax, or anti hax. Or in the worst case, it does not grant anything, although it is a great resistance for them to be able to return to life, even after months.

It seems to be a property of the dragon balls, according to dende anyway
Nah dende is literally just saying unlike other races the dragon balls prevented them from rotting which doesn't contradict the elder yardrat guy saying races with strong life force can just revive with thier souls

It seems to be a property of the dragon balls, according to dende anyway
The spheres protect the namek's bodies from decaying, but it's interesting that they don't instantly die from having all of themselves absorbed.

Nah dende is literally just saying unlike other races the dragon balls prevented them from rotting which doesn't contradict the elder yardrat guy saying races with strong life force can just revive with thier souls
Yes, But anyway, I don't think this would be applicable in combat anyway, although if it does some hax or anti hax, it could be listed in the Namekian profiles.

Neutral, leaning to disagree. The Dragon Balls played a big role in protecting their bodies from decaying.

Neutral, leaning to disagree. The Dragon Balls played a big role in protecting their bodies from decaying.
yes, in fact the dragon balls had a big role in that, but according to moro, when he absorbed all the energy from goku and vegeta, back in namek, he said that it wouldn't take long for that goku and vegeta die. But of course, they were saved by the Namekians. In the case of the spheres, they played a role in protecting the body, but their ability to "resurrect" after Vegeta uses his technique, is more of the Namekian, It was like the pybara said, some races having a great life force, could come back to life, even after months.

Apparently the Dragon Balls were responsible for this (no idea how) so I don't think I'd attribute this to a resistance of the Namekian race.
I hate how db doesn't come up with a more elaborate explanation of things lol. But about the Namekians, I believe they also have a part in it, because the pybara mentions that some races that have a very large life force could survive and in the next frame of the manga, it shows the namekians.

I hate how db doesn't come up with a more elaborate explanation of things lol. But about the Namekians, I believe they also have a part in it, because the pybara mentions that some races that have a very large life force could survive and in the next frame of the manga, it shows the namekians.
Then Bulma asks the reason why they revived and Dende explains it's because of the Dragon Balls.

In the Moro saga, the Namekians were able to stay alive even after having their souls absorbed. According to bulma, it had been months, and still they were able to survive. pybara suggests that some races, because they have a large life force, could be resurrected after vegeta uses forced spirit separation. Esca It also mentions that somehow the Dragon Balls were able to protect their body.

I don't know exactly what this is, but shouldn't it give the namekids the ability to stay alive even after having their souls, life force etc... absorbed, would that be some hax? Or antihax? And it also has spheres protecting the body, would that be some kind of supernatural protection or what?

I agree

Back