• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extremely important information about our upcoming forum migration

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last question: can I still send my calcs for evaluation? Or...

Agnaa is correct, but this will not happen immediately. The backup is planned to happen tomorrow, and the wiki profile pages are planned to be closed for non-staff editing in a few hours.

Migue79 said:
One last question: can I still send my calcs for evaluation? Or...
I think so, but only staff members will be able to apply the results to profiles, and no new content revision posts will be saved to the new forum, so we should definitely try to avoid any new revision threads.

Just get the calculations done meanwhile and if possible accepted in blogs then apply them when the forum move is done. Also, you have the blogs and sandbox to create your future profiles, CRT, etc. Make them now if you want and when all is finished just wait for the new wiki.

Well, we need to focus most of our attention on the forum move, so building up a huge backlog of calculation blogs in the meantime is probably not a good idea at all, but getting the ones that are already done evaluated is probably fine.

I mean it saves times and most likely when the forum will be again on its feets, the calculation evaluation/request will be overflowing with calcs. This way it will mitigate some work. I don't say to focus on them, but it's a good way that in meanwhile as most people will still want to work on verses/character and so Blogs/Sandbox is a good alternative. This way maybe the new users/even the old ones will get better at creating profiles/crt, etc.

Look, we recurrently have a few dozen new calculation blogs a day. We cannot allow that to build up for a month or so without any revisions being applied. It is not practical in terms of how much work we must do afterwards, and that we should focus on the migration process itself for a while, not on lots of new regular work every day.

Also, we already planned to only allow blog editing for staff members during this time,

Well, calc group members are staff, so they can technically still write blogs, but I don't think that they should do so yet, as we really need to focus properly on more important things for a while. Meaning, the migration process itself.

Antvasima said:
Well, calc group members are staff, so they can technically still write blogs, but I don't think that they should do so yet, as we really need to focus properly on more important things for a while. Meaning, the migration process itself.
So the invitation email will be there within say 4.5 hours I assume?

(I am working atm btw)

I will come back after 12 hours to see what I can help. Likely testing how I write things there on anyone's advice.

KingEzran said:
Alright, may someone please explain what's happening in simple terms? Preferably in a few sentences.
Fandom's turning forums into discussions.

So instead, we're copying the forums over to our own website.

While we're waiting for the copying to finish, we won't do any important threads (since they won't get copied over), and only staff will be able to edit pages (so new users won't take up staff time while they're focused on this process).

@Jason

No. First the forums will be backed up. Hopefully very soon. Then the backup archives will be sent to a programmer that helps us out. Then he will convert the information to a XenForo format. Then that will be sent to Community Hired. Then CH will install all of the discussion threads into the new forum. Then we will check that everything works properly, and set up the remaining appropriate settings. Then invitations will be sent out. And I will also have to check through the username invitation list along the way.

@Spino

You have rollback rights, so you should be able to edit as usual.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I mean pages that are admin locked usually. I still can't edit them.
As it should be. You aren't an admin.

The content moderators and administrators will have to handle the locked pages. Other staff members can help with the ones that are not admin-locked.

Well, the process is just beginning yet.

A new website to replace the forums and just the forums.

...Actually, has that topic been covered yet?

I would presume that they would simply make a new account on the forum, but that leads to problems if they would like to edit pages, and also if they decide to choose a different username for whatever reason.

Just a word of advice. Just because you can't send in your Calc, doesn't mean you can't, you know... do calcs...

Anyways, I hope everybody is doing well. Hopefully everything goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back