• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail FTL+ Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw Clover said that his claim is Georg throwing punch after talking, but we don't see move of both anyway.
Yes, Georg threw out the punch after finishing talking, and Selene also very evidently didn't move until after he finished talking, therefore their movements in that same instance can be compared

and Selene also very evidently didn't move until after he finished talking
We don't know this, Selene wasn't shown on the panel where Georg was talking. Also she didn't have to "wait her arms raised up" if she moved first, that isn't necessary, she could've just finished her move after Georg finished his talking despite beginning before(again, how much is unknown). But this isn't even needed as you can't show evidence for your claims like he already started punching and Selene didn't move before that even though we don't have anything to support this.

We don't know this, Selene wasn't shown on the panel where Georg was talking. Also she didn't have to "wait her arms raised up" if she moved first, that isn't necessary, she could've just finished her move after Georg finished his talking despite beginning before(again, how much is unknown). But this isn't even needed as you can't show evidence for your claims like he already started punching and Selene didn't move before that even though we don't have anything to support this.
Okay, to put it bluntly: this is a whole lot of nothing.

To begin with, we know that Selene only starts moving after Georg finishes talking because the panel immediately after Georg finishes talking is Selene's movement. If she'd moved beforehand, it would've been shown like this. In addition, you don't give a reason why she wouldn't just be waiting with her arms raised if we went with your interpretation, you kinda just say "she doesn't have to" and expect me to take your word for it. The fact of the matter is that moving before Georg finishes talking would mean she just kinda has to wait until he's done before slamming her arms down and Georg wouldn't just let himself get hit by that in that case.

Pretty much all of this is purely conjectural and an unreasonable, unnecessary level of scrutiny, whereas I've actually provided evidence for my claim, so I find yours a lot less believable.

To begin with, we know that Selene only starts moving after Georg finishes talking because the panel immediately after Georg finishes talking is Selene's movement
This isn't beginning of her movement? The panel just shows her taking arm down. Like I already know that she hit him after talking.
In addition, you don't give a reason why she wouldn't just be waiting with her arms raised if we went with your interpretation, you kinda just say "she doesn't have to" and expect me to take your word for it. The fact of the matter is that moving before Georg finishes talking would mean she just kinda has to wait until he's done before slamming her arms down and Georg wouldn't just let himself get hit by that in that case
What? If Selene's move takes time what is wrong with her beginning while talking and finishing after? You act like she is a character with infinite speed whose movement will happen in shorter timeframe in every case even if we don't know when she began to move. So can you please explain why Selene needs to "wait" if she moved first?

You just don't prove it and say that I should prove it is incorrect.

Since I'm outvoted on this topic, I don't mind conceding on it. I'll unfollow the thread for now since this seems to be wrapping up.

This isn't beginning of her movement? The panel just shows her taking arm down. Like I already know that she hit him after talking.
It just shows her movement, that's all
What? If Selene's move takes time what is wrong with her beginning while talking and finishing after? You act like she is a character with infinite speed whose movement will happen in shorter timeframe in every case even if we don't know when she began to move. So can you please explain why Selene needs to "wait" if she moved first?

You just don't prove it and say that I should prove it is incorrect.
I'm not acting like her speed is Infinite, that's a strawman, but it is significantly faster than Georg's movement. It's really simple. In your scenario it would be: Georg starts talking -> Selene moves her arms up -> Georg finishes talking (all while Selene's waiting for him to finish) -> Selene slams her arm down

Just because you don't like the proof, doesn't mean it doesn't exist

It just shows her movement, that's all
You're right, that's just her movement. That won't prove your claim.
I'm not acting like her speed is Infinite, that's a strawman
You actually act like that
but it is significantly faster than Georg's movement. It's really simple. In your scenario it would be: Georg starts talking -> Selene moves her arms up -> Georg finishes talking (all while Selene's waiting for him to finish) -> Selene slams her arm down
Selene finishes a part of his movement until end of talking and the other part after, that's simple. She don't have to "stop" while moving if she started before. I don't get why you directly say that she should finish raising her arms up before Georg finished talking just because she is faster.

You're right, that's just her movement. That won't prove your claim.
No other movement is shown beforehand, so it's a baseless assumption to claim that she moved beforehand just because
You actually act like that
Repeating yourself doesn't make your statement any more true
Selene finishes a part of his movement until end of talking and the other part after, that's simple. She don't have to "stop" while moving if she started before. I don't get why you directly say that she should finish raising her arms up before Georg finished talking just because she is faster.
If Selene moved her arms up in the midst of Georg talking, he'd notice she was readying an attack. In addition, Suzaku states he didn't even see her move, giving more credibility to the idea that this was all one movement rather than two separate movements.

You didn't prove that she will need to wait in every case but If you really want an example:

Selene starts moving 1 nanosecond before end of the talk, then she finishes 1 nanosecond after. Georg couldn't move that 1m distance at that time(1ns), yet this still results her being faster than him.

Then can you say where she "waits for him to finish" here?

If Selene moved her arms up in the midst of Georg talking, he'd notice she was readying an attack.
So he can notice it while talking but can't do it after?
In addition, Suzaku states he didn't even see her move, giving more credibility to the idea that this was all one movement rather than two separate movements.
You keep strawmanning, I said multiple times that she doesn't need to wait, one part of movement being before end of talk won't make it separated if she doesn't stop during movement

You didn't prove that she will need to wait in every case but If you really want an example:

Selene starts moving 1 nanosecond before end of the talk, then she finishes 1 nanosecond after. Georg couldn't move that 1m distance at that time(1ns), yet this still results her being faster than him.

Then can you say where she "waits for him to finish" here?
This isn't even a good example to begin with, because if anything, that'd mean she moved all that distance while Georg moved an infinitesimally small distance, inflating the calc. My calc is a simple reasonable lowball

So he can notice it while talking but can't do it after?

You keep strawmanning, I said multiple times that she doesn't need to wait, one part of movement being before end of talk won't make it separated if she doesn't stop during movement
I'm not strawmanning because what you don't understand is that realistically, this is the inevitable result of what you propose whether you like it or not. And once again, we're only shown movement after Georg finishes talking. If there was movement while Georg was talking, we'd be shown it (since there's a precedent for being shown her movement).

Frankly, I'm just going to be continuously going in circles if this keeps up. 3 CGMs accepted my calc, and 3 in this thread argued in favor of it while the only one that opposed it conceded and unfollowed the thread. I can 100% apply this calc and request for this thread to be closed.

This isn't even a good example to begin with, because if anything, that'd mean she moved all that distance while Georg moved an infinitesimally small distance, inflating the calc. My calc is a simple reasonable lowball
Do I understood it properly? You say that Georg will move infinitesmall distance in 1 nanosecond?

Do I understood it properly? You say that Georg will move infinitesmall distance in 1 nanosecond?
Considering that Georg was in movement once he finished talking, in 1 nanosecond he would have moved some unknown, very small distance yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back