• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 11

Wow... didn't even realize we hit 500 Replies, we went through that last thread fast

I just want to say I really like the Dragon Eaters concept. Having the plotline just be "Hunt the Five God Dragons and also Touka's hunting the main cast" would be rather bland but then the idea of another faction (A new generation of Dragon Slayers which is another cool factor for them) trying to go after the God Dragons makes it much more interesting and creates situations like the current one where its Touka (her minions) vs Fairy Tail vs Diabolos Guild.

Their powers are cool too, as they're much more diverse than the previous types of Dragon Slayers we've had. Fire, Lightning, Air, and Shadows were pretty common elements in fiction with Poison and White being the more (not sure what word to put here, but White is more abstract and Poison is more specific/worldly) of the seven. Then the Dragon Eaters have powers that are Armor, Sword, Ash, Spider, and Ghost. What they can do with their powers is different too, with Sword being able to cut away emotions and Ash being able to turn into his element and teleport others with it (yeah I know Laxus can turn into lightning but that's because he knows Lightning Body not because of his LDS magic). The possibilities for what future DE users makes me real excited. And Raizen being introduced yet keeping his ability unknown makes me excited too.

Continuing the previous conversation; Elferesia refers to himself as the "Law Dragon" and he's shown some nonstandard DS abilities; teleportation and size manipulation being examples hoping to see some more, he could be a more hax based DS in the same vein as Wraith.

Also won't be surprised if the Gold dragon god is already dead- possibly by natural causes and Raizen just happens to come across the body and then from there that's where the DE come into being

Yeah, the Dragon Eaters are cool, with Skullion having the coolest power in my opinion, his Ash Power is pretty hax and awesome

What's confusing to me is where did they find all this dragon meat? Was it only after Alavrez or way before, was Acnologia really so dumb that he had no idea about dragons outside of Ishgar and Alakitasia, and another question is how is the dragon eater element decided, do they gain the powers of the dragon they eat? Or is it more of a latent power thing

We'll probably have to wait and see on the element thing. As for Acno, my guess is dragons probably found their way to the new continent during Acnologia's campaign of genocide. So far I don't think we've gotten any info that there were dragons on the continent prior to Acnologia popping up, so maybe he started killing, a fair portion fled and he just never found out.

That's an interesting theory David. I was thinking Elefseria was secretly Viernes and wanted the others dead so it could be the only Dragon God.

Aubin, I was thinking that they got the powers of what they eat but now that I think about it that wouldn't make sense unless every DE we've seen has only eaten one dragon. It being a latent power thing makes sense since iirc they never said anything about getting that dragon's powers after eating it.

The Dragon Eaters are rather bland, a rinse and repeat of the past, too many generations now, I would have gone with a God arc like with Ankhseram

And from the previous conversation, I think Ultear would have the best chance against Yhwach hax wise with her ability to create/manipulate infinite futures.

and with moon level feats, Etherion would be moon level if we go by the crater it forms

I'd get it being a rinse and repeat if they had similar powers to the previous gens, but they're actually different. 2nd Gen is just a 1st gen but from a lacrima and 3rd gen is just 1st+2nd. They're all basically variations of 1st Gen and Dragon Eaters are the biggest step away from the previous idea of what a Dragon Slayer is.

How would you think a God Arc would play out?

TBF, Slayers tend to have the same skillset with only the element being different from each other. Laxus and Cobra have no different abilities than Natsu and Gajeel outside of the element they control.

Same with 3rd Gen Slayers. They're just a mixture of the previous generations with a transformation used once with no other differences.

I don't remember if 4th Gen Slayers were any different. They had a pretty minor role in the movie.

5th Gen Slayers are the first different version of a Slayer. They not only get their powers in a completely different way, but at the very least, those we know of have a total different power-set than the average. Heck, Skullion is a ******* Logia-type just like Juvia and with hax. Laxus could turn into lightning but he never proved to be intangible so I would say that's more a high-speed effect if anything. They also don't get motion sick, which is completely out of rule for a Slayer.

All the strengths of a DS but lacking the motion sickness weakness plus good hax. If there's any downside to being a DE it's that so far none of their elements are common, but it's still a fair trade off since Cobra for example faces the same issue

Do even we know if DE have resistances to/are able to absorb their element? Because that would mean they're able to eat swords/spiders/armor to replenish their magic and that spiders/swords wouldn't hurt them.

Yeah, their elements are so rare that they can't truly rely on the absorption to remain in the fight.

@Dragon I imagine they could, but the issue is their abilities are so weird and abstract it's tough to tell. Wraith we know for a fact can eat souls and Spider dude at some point eats gum to power up

Hiro Mashima 2019
Been a stressful and amazing year for this verse

All the CRT's and Crazyness has been both stressful and fun. 100 Year Quest has had great moments and has exceeded expectations, and I look forward to more greatness
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

On another note, in the raws, looks like the Dragon Eaters are retreating so they can be villains another day, also Natsu is getting wrecked by Touka as she can just absorb her magic, but it looks like Happy Stopped her, as for Mira... seriously, she doesn't get to have a fight, she got 0 screen time again, this must be a running joke by now considering how hard she keeps getting cucked

Translations: https://youtu.be/xOqBtbGVqKI

Even more stuff got set up for more enemies, the Dragon Eaters strongest members are called the "Black Dragon Slayer Knights" that's interesting if their far beyond the rest of the Dragon Eaters, and their Knights too, which is pretty cool, also Dragon Eaters can use Dragon Force too, but it's different and forbidden to use, maybe they become actual Dragons in their Dragon Force, either way I'm excited, also seems like Gray vs Mira is happening, which should be cool

okay a couple things

What's up with Touka's reaction to touching the orb?? It looked like she was crystallizing. I wonder if she was cursed by a god not to interact with the Dragon Gods or something like that.

Black Dragon just makes me think of Acnologia, I wonder if they're connected in anyway

I'm really happy we're getting to know more about the Dragon Eaters, whether it be the hierarchy of their guild or their ability to use Dragon Force. I'm guessing that using Dragon Force as a Dragon Eater fully turns you into a Dragon.

DF, a power always exclusively held by the protagonists now in the hands of antagonists. I look forward to seeing where this goes

Davidsteel1 said:
DF, a power always exclusively held by the protagonists now in the hands of antagonists. I look forward to seeing where this goes
Sting and Rogue had that power too in GMG

Tbf, Sting and Rogue were always planned to be good guys so it's just them being temporary antagonists, plus as Lord Nuxanor loves to tell us, GMG is just a giant flex off so those two needed all the hype before Natsu flexed on em. More accurate to say DF is now possessed by the villains.

I really liked the latest chapter. Mira could have gotten some screen time by all the DE and WW parts were great. I see Gray having the shit kicked out of him and barely beating Mira and Elfman despite them being injured and having a huge advantage over Mira.

Back