• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Featured Characters # 4.5

I can't quite explain my issues with it, but original powers is part of the point here.

Idk. Most characters have a solid theme, creative use of their powers, and have gone beyond the original source material in creative ways. I think it should count, but that's just me.

If other people are fine with it and want them on the featured characters I won't fuss over it.

I'd be fine with VSBWRPing so long as it's not a bad influence.

In the sense that the character has a deep story and standing on their own, or something that makes them notable beyond the powers they happen to have

like say coolgu- I mean Whyr has a fairly compelling story about how he ended up becoming evil and had to be defeated, with his kingdom taken over by a friend of his

or something like that, I dunno, I didn't pay attention that much because the only external talk is the powers they happen to have and it's rubbed all over the place as the nature of EWTRTW that's most prevalent

Profiles where the entire powers and abilities category is effectively listed look a bit too overloaded for me to think they should be featured.

DMUA said:
I'd be fine with VSBWRPing so long as it's not a bad influence.

In the sense that the character has a deep story and standing on their own, or something that makes them notable beyond the powers they happen to have

like say coolgu- I mean Whyr has a fairly compelling story about how he ended up becoming evil and had to be defeated, with his kingdom taken over by a friend of his

or something like that, I dunno, I didn't pay attention that much because the only external talk is the powers they happen to have and it's rubbed all over the place as the nature of EWTRTW that's most prevalent
That's Hl3's fault too you know

Should we have VSRP characters of reasonable quality on this list?

Yes

No

The poll was created at 03:51 on July 5, 2019, and so far 9 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

I can't quite describe it, but I really don't think VSRP characters should be on the list, for a few different reasons. Although there are some exceptions.

I can't recall any off the top of my head. I should rephrase: If I were to look into VSBW and dig into the characters, there are surely some worthy. But I'm not sure who that would be.

I don't feel especially strongly one way or another about where exactly the characters stemmed from. That they have compelling stories of some sort driving them/aren't blatantly throwing a 1-A variant of every hax on the Wiki into a Powers and Abilities section is more what concerns me personally.

ThePerpetual said:
I don't feel especially strongly one way or another about where exactly the characters stemmed from. That they have compelling stories of some sort driving them/aren't blatantly throwing a 1-A variant of every hax on the Wiki into a Powers and Abilities section is more what concerns me personally.
Like, some of the new ones have stuff just a bit below that, but the ones from the first series generally aren't smurfs. And many due have interesting arcs and personalities.

Honestly, VSBWRPs shouldn't be auto banned from this list. If the powers and abilities are not just copy pasta X2, 3, 5, however many official characters it took (have some kind of originality within the powers or have original techniques off of this big list), and they have some kind of story that isn't some lazy written thing, I say they aren't banned, but they are still up against the rest of everyone else. Also personality helps.

The thing against putting RP characters like those from EWTRTW and RW on featured is that we cannot forget that this website advertises itself primarily as "FC OC VS BATTLES WIKI". Someone new coming to look at this website and then seeing those featured characters are most likely to go straight to the section that is relevant in a fight, not read through the personality and history of the character.

So if the first thing they see on a character is something like:

"Clairvoyance, Telepathy, Shapeshifting, Matter Manipulation, Telekinesis, Mind Manipulation, Illusion Creation, Perception Manipulation, Enhanced Senses, Life Manipulation, Forcefield Creation, Reality Warping, Statistics Amplificationand Reduction, Magnetism Manipulation, Possession, Plant Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Element Manipulation (Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Earth Manipulation), Resurrection, Wave Manipulation, Radiation Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Spatial Manipulation (Portal Creation, BFR, Sealing, Summoning, Teleportation), Biological Manipulation, Petrification, Intangibility (Elemental, Phasing and Spatial), Astral Projection, Size Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Flight, Willpower Manipulation,Duplication, Power Nullification, Power Bestowal, Power Absorption, Attack Reflection, Age Manipulation, Healing, Regenerationn (At least Low-Mid, can casually re-attach his head after being decapitated by Balder), Immortality (Type 3), Can exist as an incorporeal soul Can exist as an incorporeal soul, Combat Expertise, Weapon Mastery, Resistance (to outer space conditions, Sealing, Power Absorption, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, diseases, poisons, fire and heat). Durability and Speed Reduction via Capsules. Intangibility (Immaterial), Elemental Intangibility Nullification, Life Manipulation, Healing and Statistics Amplification via Norn Stones. Soul Swap via Living Mask. Reality Warping"

That, in my humble opinion, looks like the people on this wiki, and the ones who run it and decide what to feature on the front page, are just creating look-my-character-can-do-absolutely-anything type characters rather than characters with any substance.

I don't remember older EWTRTW characters having lists like that.

And new people reading through only powers and abilities is gonna apply to every page, regardless of the size of the list. Having a short one isn't gonna magically make some new user with this kind of mindset immediately realize that substance matters here. Heck, we've added pages with lists that big and even bigger, plenty of hax to go around.

It matters because this is featured.

This isn't just someone hitting random page. This is the wiki telling everyone who sees it "this is the sort of characters we want to see here".

If it's just a character from an RP with several walls of text with just powers from a bunch of existing characters, that doesn't set a good example to me.

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
Honestly, VSBWRPs shouldn't be auto banned from this list. If the powers and abilities are not just copy pasta X2, 3, 5, however many official characters it took (have some kind of originality within the powers or have original techniques off of this big list), and they have some kind of story that isn't some lazy written thing, I say they aren't banned, but they are still up against the rest of everyone else. Also personality helps.
You're treating the RPs as if every single character is a substanceless character who simply copies powers from 2 or more mainsite characters with 0 differences. Which is only true for most of them, not all of them.

I think Claire's power set isn't that overwhelming, especially in the context of canon, and she can also represent the "FC" side of the wiki, so there's that.

I hate to be the one to break it to you Monarch, but there's already a immense bias towards smurfy or OP characters here. You can see it when you compare the proportion of OP characters in here to VSBW. Having certain featured characters of a certain kind will barely effect anything, as people like to make OP characters in general. Hence why it's more about personality and backstory.

Besides, the poll looks pretty decisive to me.

Gonna again recomend Littlepip not sure if it was glossed over or something.

I'm fine with VSRP characters as long as the absurdity is kept in check for them.

Monarch Laciel said:
This is one of the biggest problems for me. As said, there are exceptions, but at the same time, there's a lot of this. So, at the very least, we should be careful about it if we do allow them.

This is one of the biggest problems for me. As said, there are exceptions, but at the same time, there's a lot of this. So, at the very least, we should be careful about it if we do allow them.

Obviously. It just shouldn't be a blanket ban.

Yeah, that's my concern here. Whyr Nauth is definitely one of the better VSRP pages, though.

Down with Whyr's inclusion/suggestion on the list due being a deal more developed in the content and character department compared to other EWTRTW profiles. Only issue personally be minor redundant statements in the personality and summary sections.

Back