• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I have just completed the original final fantasy and I have several questions.

Firstly, I was severely confused by speed rating for all characters, how much speed does base Garland have? Why are the warriors of light set at sub relativistic?m through some seriously indirect powerscaling? Also shouldn't be Chaos like at least High 4-C since he created that realm with stars in the final battle?

Everlasting said he has quite a few plans with Final Fantasy revisions. But iirc, Garland's Massively Hypersonic+ speed rating comes from being able to dodge lightning or something like that. Also, Dissidia is canon; albeit inconsistent. Many occurring characters are rated as at least 5-A possibly 3-C. That's where Chaos's 5-A rating comes from. Sub-relativistic speed scales from Gilgamesh.

I'll wait for someone like Matt, Ever, or Reppuzan's input for clarification though.

Ayy thanks man, though something's still not clear to me.

When did Garland dodge lightning? He's like the first boss in the game and by the time I don't think you can even learn a spell like that.

I'm in support for the FF series, but honestly some people are just hard to scale.

yeah, I'll wait for Reppuzan or Ever, they know these things

@Unholy

Thunder is one of the basic three spells used by the Black Mage at the start of the game.

But to be honest, magic spells are considered undodgeable in the original Final Fantasy. So it'd probably be better to just scale off of Dissidia's Warrior of Light.

@Reppuzan

I see, but they can still dodge spells in remakes or other ports right?

Also I've been meaning to ask, where does this Sub-Relativistic speed originate from? It only said it comes from Gilgamesh, but them Gilgamesh seems to battle a lot of people and I'm kind of confused who Gilgamesh fought that had that kind of speed? also how is Chaos not at least large star if he created a realm with stars?

I'm actually gonna upgrade FFI to Low 2-C and Immeasurable eventually, so most of this isn't necessary.

Though, Garland should probably be Unknow.

Where does Immeasurable speed come from / would come from?

I think he should be at least high 4-C though. there are characters on the same tier with surprisingly similar feats

Low 2-C probably comes from a feat Chaos has in Dissidia; and Immeasurable speed probably comes from transcending Space-Time. Also, did I hear those stats might scale to quite a few god tiers throughout the FF series?

@Everlasting

That sounds dope, could you point me to this feat? I'm really eager to learn about this, it will be a massive change and a splendid upgrade.

Back