• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Cleansing of Marvel Handbook Scaling: First Batch

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
It's time to end this once and for all.

There are still quite a number of profiles that uses the old Marvel handbook scaling. I have already revised a number of them, as well as improved the justifications for some. However there are still some handbook scaling left on the Marvel profiles:

Fin Fang Foom
Nearly all of Fin Fang Foom's stats are strange and unjustified. Firstly, he is currently rated as Solar System level via being rated as equal to Thor in the handbooks. He does have 4-B feats indeed, but I'm not sure.

Here are his 4-B feats:

However, he is not depicted as overwhelmingly stronger than Iron Man. Iro Ma battled him multiple times, although Iron Man is clearly depicted to be inferior as shown here, here and here. A 40 times charged blast by Iron Man knocked him out though.

So I'm uncertain whether he should scale to the 4-Bs.

Speed-wise though, it makes no sense for him to scale to Black Panther when he never even fought him. We should scale him to Sub-Relativistic+ Iron Man as he kept up with him in combat. Consistently enough, Fin Fang Foom has a Sub-Relativistic+ feat himself as well.

Omega Red
Firstly, his strength scales to Spider-Man because of the Marvel guidebooks, and we have abandoned the guidebooks long ago. We should make him at least 8-C via one-shotting Beast (the feat is on his profile).

Secondly, his speed scales to Daredevil and Rogue, but he is rated as Massively Hypersonic while the former is Massively Hypersonic+ and the latter is Sub-Relativistic+. I think he should probably scale to Daredevil, who is MHS+, as grabbing Rogue would probably be an outlier.

Hank Pym
Zark is going to make a CRT for Hank Pym after he makes Scott Lang and a couple profiles, so I'll leave this to her.

Namor
Namor scales to Black Panther as he "kept up" with him, but I'm not sure where that comes from, and Black Panther fighting Namor would be a huge outlier for the former. So it seems cherrypicking to not scale their strength but scale their speed. I suggest we downgrade him to Massively Hypersonic scaling to The Thing.

Black Bolt
His speed scales to Spider-Man via the handbooks. He should scale to the Thing and Namor, and be downgraded to Massively Hypersonic as well.

Vision
Vision's speed too scales to Spider-Man for no reason other than the handbooks. However I suppose MHS+ would be fine, just change the justification to being faster than Captain America. He also turns intangible before Cap and Iron Man could hit him, so we might scale him to Iron Man, but I'm not sure. Probably best scale him to Captain America, unless he has more consistent feats of being comparable to Iron Man.

Thanos
His lifting strength scales to Thor via the handbooks. Although, shouldn't Thor's lifting strength scale to Hulk, as they have wrestled multiple times?

Anyway regardless of who Thor scales to, Thanos should probably just scale to Hulk, as he is stronger than him on multiple occasions. So Stellar LS for Thanos.

These are the first batch of Marvel revisions, it's mostly the more simple, non-controversial stuff first. There are still many that have unjustified statistics I will revise in the future.

Fin Fang Foom can be "At least High 6-A, likely 4-B", though supposedly Iron Man's repulsors have some dura negging properties.

Agree with the Thanos,Vision and Omega Red. Namor and Black Bolt should be listed "At least MHS"

Personally I don't think it is that poor to scale Torch and Captain America to Namor.

Btw, a general statement, Handbook scalings aren't necessarily bad, unless and until they're baseless and not connected to in-verse scaling. So while I appreciate that we're getting actual scans for them, please note that Handbooks are still relevant in the scaling process as they give relevant insight as to how Marvel generally feels about these characters.

Writers have them, of course this doesn't mean they're the absolute pinnacle of showcase, but writers tend to consider the Handbook as relevant under normal circumstances.

Generally speaking, the stats potrayed within the Handbooks are sort of the same thing we're doing, just on an official level, so they're completely valid unless contradicted far too severely

With such a long-running setting with so many authors, it is best to fund handbooks like these to provide some semblance of consistency.

"90% of the time" is a massive exaggeration... they're fairly consistent at giving a rough idea of someone's placement

Vulture does have a **** ton of statements where Spider-Man goes easy on him and would physically godstomp Vulture otherwise (and has in Superior Spider-Man), and Whiplash does physically scale to Captain America.

Doctor Doom has fucky physical scaling as always.

Poor examples lol, they're actually pretty valid assessments, we even consider the Whiplash thing canon.

>"whiplash does scale to cap"

>whiplash uses mark 29 iron man armor

>mark 29>>>>>>multi-continent mark 8

>doom's physicals are large planet

>"they're valid assessments"

Is Whiplash's entire exposed back made of invisble Mark 29 plates?

Doom's physicals are only 5-A because we assume that as consistent, in reality he honestly does feel far lower than the Thing in most of his appearances.

Mate, what are you talking about, even?

@Spino I think only Namor would scale? And Tiger Shark

Also Namor blitzed Iron Man apparently, and he has a Relativistic feat himself. Scaling to the Torch is probably the best though.

Most of this is probably fine, and Zark's suggestion for Fin Fang Foom should work.

Thor does not have anywhere near the lifting strength feats of the Hulk though, and the two haven't struggled in this regard for a long time. I would prefer to scale him from his own feats,

I applied the changes for Namor and Thanos, you can lock those two ASAP.

Rest I believe y'all yourself can apply?

Back