• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fist of the North Star General CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you referring to? I thought that Fist of the North Star ended a very long time ago, and that Fist of the Blue Sky has ended as well.

The translation means "it can even deflect an H-Bomb blast". This reads more like the unknown amount of "tons of concrete and steel" can tank attacks as strong as nukes, not something that is specifically targeted towards nukes.
So nuke < bunker < base Kenshiro still holds.

And now we need to determine: there are a lot of weaker kenpo/touki practitioners and somehow non-practitioner who can just fight on equal grounds. We now need to determine how those weaker opponents are comparable to which feats or which characters.

Oh (grotesque scene) grunts can do this.

What are you referring to? I thought that Fist of the North Star ended a very long time ago, and that Fist of the Blue Sky has ended as well.
The 80's manga and anime with quite a lot of side stories.

there's a sequel to Souten no Ken, called Souten no Ken Regenesis that is currently being translated. it's stuck on volume 4 because the artist has been struggling with depression for a while, but it will eventually continue

Twellas:

Okay. Thank you for the information. I really like Buronson's art, so I hope that he recovers soon.

And now we need to determine: there are a lot of weaker kenpo/touki practitioners and somehow non-practitioner who can just fight on equal grounds.
mhe, i personally don't think Ken ever uses more than 30% on this kind of enemy, we know for a fact that even at the end of the series Ken uses less than 30% of his power even against "skilled" opponents such as Blanca, against whom Ken initially seems to struggle, but after getting serious (not using Tenryu kokyu ho, just going serious in base) he starts just no-selling him; it's pretty apparent that Ken is constantly suppressed

Okay. Thank you for the information. I really like Buronson's art, so I hope that he recovers soon.
eehhhh, the artist is not Tetsuo Hara anymore, as he's had eye problems for quite a while, the artist is a younger man who was seemingly trained to imitate Hara, I personally find him even better tbh

Sorry about misremembering the name of the artist.

Do you know which manga site that has the sequel available btw?

This reads more like the unknown amount of "tons of concrete and steel" can tank attacks as strong as nukes, not something that is specifically targeted towards nukes.
Well yeah. That's why I posted it. Showing that across translations its referring to the bunker being nuke resistant.

ah ok so you're just an omniscient god who just knows for a fact that Jagi COULDN'T have heard something else, like another nuke going off somewhere else, a plane, or a billion other things?
Well the main issue with him hearing another nuke is that they're incredibly large as shown by the spread. Its hard to hear another one without being caught in the blast radius of two. Those nukes are being calced to be 717 kilometers in diameter.
I already asked DMUA about this in this very thread and he said that it wouldn't effect the calc at all, it might even give it a higher yield. He also agrees that the bomb exploded near enough for it to be a non-factor
Well if DMUA agreed its usable then I guess I have no ground to stand on.

Well it wasn't dropped on top of him, but right in front of him in that interpretation. But that might be arguing semantics at that point I guess.

it being dropped a foot away would still get way too much of a majority of the yield to bother. Heck, pretty sure at that distance the math would break in such a way that the result is actually higher.
that is what I told him, and this was his answer

Can somebody remind me about the current issues that need to be decided here please?

Sorry, but going with case 1 for Raoh's feat simply makes no sense, there's no way the clouds were only 200 meters in the air when we have proof of them being much higher up than fallen skyscrapers, also what "absolute low end" for the Liu feat? Because there are 3 very different interpretations and the "lowest one" was deemed not accurate

I guess we should have discussed and ruled out which interpretation to even keep before having the whole thing approved

I mean I am somewhat busy today and had to take a look at 20 calcs, I'm sorry if my evaluations weren't the absolute best 🤷‍♂️

I leave the rest to the knowledgeable members

Sorry, but going with case 1 for Raoh's feat simply makes no sense, there's no way the clouds were only 200 meters in the air when we have proof of them being much higher up than fallen skyscrapers, also what "absolute low end" for the Liu feat? Because there are 3 very different interpretations and the "lowest one" was deemed not accurate
You can be much higher than fallen skyscrapers and still be about 200 meters in the air. Keyword fallen, skyscrapers don't need to be 200m to begin with, much less when they're broken down.

You can be much higher than fallen skyscrapers and still be about 200 meters in the air. Keyword fallen, skyscrapers don't need to be 200m to begin with, much less when they're broken down.
still, unlikely, it's nowhere even near those skyscrapers, had it been 200 meters, it would be visibly close to them. Also case 1 is the only case that makes the feat unusable and turns it into a low end

so why go for case 1 when there's nothing to really validate it, if anything, the contrary, and also renders the feat completely pointless?

still, unlikely, it's nowhere even near those skyscrapers, had it been 200 meters, it would be visibly close to them. Also case 1 is the only case that makes the feat unusable and turns it into a low end
I don't see how you come to that conclusion if they've fallen. Unless there's evidence I'm missing, Mitch's evaluation is acceptable.

I don't see how you come to that conclusion if they've fallen. Unless there's evidence I'm missing, Mitch's evaluation is acceptable.
there's legit no reason to pick case 1 and render the feat useless, that alone would be enough of a reason to not pick it, the fact that 200 meters is ridiculously low and even just MIGHT be debunked by a scan is simply further backing. I will seriously never understand this fixation for low ends when mid ends exist and in this case the mid end is perfectly comparable with the tier the verse already has

What even says those are skyscrapers?

They look more like high rises to me, which start at around 20 meters, and some of them are on their side and otherwise dilapidated.

I'd argue against 200 meters simply because I don't know where that number was acquired, even stormclouds (which are a bit closer to the ground than normal ones 610 meters in the air) are around 460 from my recollection.

there's legit no reason to pick case 1 and render the feat useless, that alone would be enough of a reason to not pick it, the fact that 200 meters is ridiculously low and even just MIGHT be debunked by a scan is simply further backing. I will seriously never understand this fixation for low ends when mid ends exist and in this case the mid end is perfectly comparable with the tier the verse already has
It being rendered useless doesn't make it wrong.

200 meters isn't ridiculously low, you've offered no proof of such a claim. Nothing. It's even above baseline skyscraper height, and per your own admission these are fallen skyscrapers. DMUA is correct, and they could be simply high-rise buildings, but even assuming we take your word, 200 meters is perfectly acceptable.

What tier the mid end falls in does not allow us to manipulate how the calc is viewed. The calc must be evaluated independently of what outcomes we hope for or expect. To do otherwise is to admit to bias. Stop this shit, man.

Thank you very much for helping out Mitch. You are awesome and it is very appreciated.

What Mitch has accepted can probably be applied then.

As a general CRT, I think asking this here is good.

I don't like Ken's current profile pic due to having a weird expression, pose, proportions... and I wanted to change it. Twellas suggested me this one, which l think is good (and manga pics > game pics imho) and Ant also said it'd be ok, but I wanted to hear your opinions on the matter.

I personally prefer rendered full body images, and these are also in line with our overall wiki policy, but the current profile image seems to be from a game rather than the manga.

It's from the musou game, but I'm not inherently against it, I just find it very weird and of low-quality. For example, Raoh's second image is from the same game, I think, but it's not that bad. If others have more ideas for possible replacements, they can suggest them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back