• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Floro Sprout page creation CTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floro Sprout​

The Floro Sprouts are a weapon capable of brainwashing the opponent in multiple ways. Originally used by the Floro Sapiens (Super Paper Mario) they would implant the Sprout into a Cragnon's head and it would force them to obey the Floro Sapiens. These Floro Sprouts get powered up by Dimentio, who uses the Sprouts to his advantage. By merely making a deal with him[1] he has the power to sprout it from your brain, making you stronger, but "Veggifying" your free will. If he doesn't hold his end of the deal, however, it falls off.[2] (In the linked video Dimentio said he would give O'Chunks power to defeat the heroes, but when the power wasn't enough to defeat them, the deal broke and the sprout fell off. If the sprout falls off then it's completely useless). The sprout can also be used when someone is nearly dead, (Counts as a deal because it gives you life and you can't say no) reviving them and they'll have free will until Dimentio snaps his fingers, causing the sprout to grow[3]

Stats​

At least 4-A (was able to brainwash Paper Mario, a 4-A being) Likely 2-B (wielded by Dimentio, a 2-B being, and brainwashed O'Chunks, a likely 3-A being, and brainwashed Luigi/Mr L, a 2-B being) 9-A (Wielded by the Floro Sapiens who didn't use it to its full potential)

Summary​

A plant that wielded by Dimentio can brainwash anyone that enters a deal with him, with no exception shown, and makes the brainwashed person stronger. If it's used by the Floro Sapiens, it is nearly harmless in a fight because they need to defeat you before they can even put the sprout on your head, making the acquisition of it useless.

First CRT I have made, I don't know if I need a specific format for it but I linked scans to back what I said up, did I miss something, or do I need to reformat?

Last edited:
Idk if it should have its own page, and brainwashing someone doesn't give you their AP, it's hax, maybe it should be used aas optional equipment. And 1-A would definitely need a lot more proof than that

What do you mean by AP?
Ap is Attack Potency, those tiers like 4-A, 2-B are considered AP, it shouldn't scale to those characters, and it'd be better for it to be added as optional or standard equipment to the characters who use it, though Idk much about paper mario

Ap is Attack Potency, those tiers like 4-A, 2-B are considered AP, it shouldn't scale to those characters, and it'd be better for it to be added as optional or standard equipment to the characters who use it, though Idk much about paper mario
The Floro Sprout is a massive plot device, if the Chaos Heart has a page (which it does) then so should the Floro Sprout. Also it's not really explained why, but the Floro Sprout increases power based off of what the deal is, in O'chunks case it's AP and a more complicated attack pattern, in Mr. L's case it was regeneration, in Luigi/Mario's case it was AP

Last edited:
The format itself seems a bit weird, it seems to be a weapon, so you might copy this and then change the ratings to the ratings you want to give to the Floro Sprout

Mr. L and Dimentio aren't flat out 2-B Mr.L is 4-A in base (likely going to be changed soon) and Dimentio is 4-A (same as Mr.L) possibly Low 2-C both are 2-B when using the chaos heart but none of this matters sense mind hax =/= attack potency if anything this is mind control which is already on Dimentio's page. Overall I don't think Floro Sprouts need their own page.

Mr. L and Dimentio aren't flat out 2-B Mr.L is 4-A in base (likely going to be changed soon) and Dimentio is 4-A (same as Mr.L) possibly Low 2-C both are 2-B when using the chaos heart but none of this matters sense mind hax =/= attack potency if anything this is mind control which is already on Dimentio's page. Overall I don't think Floro Sprouts need their own page.
Dimentio is on his own as powerful as the void, and the Floro Sprouts are a major plot device. Plus they are more complicated than just "mind hax" and could lead to confusion. Dimentio can mindhax robots with a fingersnap, but for organic beings he needs to make a deal for the Floro Sprout to work, AND the Floro Sprouts are nearly as big of a plot device as the Chaos Heart, Albeit not around as often. I'm making a separate Content Revision on how Dimentio is way underpowered in the profile on the wiki, easily 2-B in base form and High 1-C in Super form if not higher, which means the Floro Sprouts are 2-B because he only uses them in base form. I can provide scans if you want me to, but I will take a bit

if you are taking about string theory soup then its been debunked and rejected multiple times in the past and floro sprout don't grant ap just cause he uses them in base don't mean they scale to him

Ok look at this https://vsbattles.com/threads/possible-upgrade-for-mario-verse-via-this-profile.10384/post-311862
The reason it was rejected in the past was because people used string theory soup as their ONLY evidence that string theory existed, but there is more that supports it. Plus the description of string theory soup is read by an Omniscient narrator so it's very reliable. Anyhow we aren't talking about Dimentio too much here, if you want to argue that I'm wrong, then argue about it on the CRT I'll make in a bit.
Edit: CRT has been made, you can argue here if you want https://vsbattles.com/threads/dimentio-chaos-heart-count-bleck-upgrade-crt.123160/

Last edited:
can you post a scan of the floro sprout giving ap? also when upgrading something you can't upgrade it to a tier that characters don't have yet so if your right you still can't make floro sprouts 2-B

can you post a scan of the floro sprout giving ap? also when upgrading something you can't upgrade it to a tier that characters don't have yet so if your right you still can't make floro sprouts 2-B
This may seem like not very much evidence, but he's stronger in this fight AP wise than he was in the previous time you fight him, which is only two levels previous, which doesnt take much time at all in game. The stronger evidence, is that he refers to "giving you the power to defeat the count" as the Floro Sprout in his deal, and he can't break a deal or the sprout falls off.

for the old chunks fight there is no evidence that the floro sprout gave chunks the higher ap and its more more likely chunks trained to get stronger sense he lost to Mario multiple times by this point and the "giving you the power to beat the count" thing is just Dimentio trying to manipulate Mario and Luigi. floro sprouts don't need a deal to be used as the Cragnons where forced to use them along with Dimentio just putting a sprout on chunks without his consent mentioned.

Cragnons where forced to use them along with Dimentio just putting a sprout on chunks without his consent mentioned.
His Floro Sprouts are an upgraded version, and at the end of the first fight, Dimentio begins to make a deal with O'Chunks, and they teleport away to talk more about their plan. The sprouts don't sprout as soon as the deal is struck, they can sprout any time afterwards as seen with Mr. L. So its very likely he just finished the deal off screen

Dimentio's mindhax.
It's more complicated than that. if you list it as just "mindhax" it'll confuse people to think he can brainwash anyone instantly, but in reality the only things he can just brainwash instantly are robotic things (Fracktail) and for anyone else he needs to make a deal. At this rate I don't care if Floro Sprouts gets it's own page, but at least Dimentio's page should be updated from just "mindhax"

It's more complicated than that. if you list it as just "mindhax" it'll confuse people to think he can brainwash anyone instantly, but in reality the only things he can just brainwash instantly are robotic things (Fracktail) and for anyone else he needs to make a deal. At this rate I don't care if Floro Sprouts gets it's own page, but at least Dimentio's page should be updated from just "mindhax"
Uh, brainwashing is memory manipulation. The mind manip is an effect But doing it to robots or inanimate objects is just a feat for the mind/memory manip.

Then can we put in the mindhax section (Is only instant with robots and needs a contract to work in anything else)

I'm sorry but why would Dimentio using it be Multi? Neither he or Luigi/Mr. L are Multi. Like, at all.

Then can we put in the mindhax section (Is only instant with robots and needs a contract to work in anything else)
I like that idea, just add the fact that the Sprouts work instantly on nearly dead people and I think we can close this thread

His Floro Sprouts are an upgraded version, and at the end of the first fight, Dimentio begins to make a deal with O'Chunks, and they teleport away to talk more about their plan. The sprouts don't sprout as soon as the deal is struck, they can sprout any time afterwards as seen with Mr. L. So its very likely he just finished the deal off screen
how do we even know if its upgraded or not

I have to go to work very soon, but I disagree with the notation of power scaling based on brain washing. That's all I really got to say atm.

Thank you for the evaluation. I suppose that we should probably close this thread then.

Bump. We agreed above that Dimentio can mindhax anyone he makes a deal with, and any robots without a deal. Power increasing those under his control is already in his profile so let's ignore that. I propose that next to mindhax we put "Needs a verbal deal to brainwash non robotic objects, and can brainwash robots instantly. He does not need to bring up the brainwashing in the deal for it to work. Mindhax is undone if he does not serve his end of the deal, and like all other forms of brainwashing in Super Paper Mario, Mindhax is undone on the brainwashed person's brain-death" Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back