• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

noninho

He/Him
Ok, the first key is ridiculous.

So am i superhuman speed if i run from my room to my laundry in seconds? Regular humans can "move between camera locations in seconds".
If it's meaning "because the camera bugs and then he's on 3 rooms in front or sides" it's worse, or simply not disproving my statement above.
r1FmbKb.png

(got this from reddit by a google images search)

Well, here's the thing: mostly, the animatronics are running those places 1 by 1, which you and me could make in seconds...
if Chica (the yellow line that, if going straight to get the protag's ass, goes through the dining room and east hall), let's say, go from the restroom to the kitchen (it's random, the place they will go when they can actually move). See, the chance of you acessing kitchen's "camera" is 1/10 (as you're already watching one of them), and she'll be there "instantly" if you do so, but usually you're with your camera down or go to see another one when they move (90% it would be another one :>).
Where is this "instantly" a feat if they're only still models and you don't actually see them blasting off? It would be pretty ass if the game was like, 3 seconds, without the mentioned chica, so it was programmed that the still 3d models disappear and instantly reappear! Why can i get to the fact that it's a game limitation and not superhuman speed? Foxy.

Foxy is one of the 4 (GF doesn't count here) animatronics presented here and it's comparable to the others in speed (if not the exact same, but you can't prove that they're different), but the difference is that he have an animation!
Look at this with me: Foxy's mechanic works with him having animation (and scaring the shit outta you w/ him running more than the JS itself) because he's there in Pirate Cove and progressivelly goes out and then start running. His (again, comparable/if not the same speed) friends don't have the same right because it would ruin their mechanic in the game, which is to progressivelly go closer and closer, room to room or "oh f***, she was at the start and outta nowhere, close af to my office!!!!", which coudn't be achieved if you actually saw them moving (and would be waaaaaaaay more expensive) or taking some seconds with them disappearing before showing up somewhere else, so the only move you see them doing is shaking sometimes.
Present to me evidence about Foxy being slower then the others or he TP'ing (this is still FNAF 1 only).

Assuming (and correct me if i'm wrong) the second key is Foxy in 2 (Withered, and Backlight/Grimm maybe, since they're in similar condition)...
It becomes worse.
Well, of course, the 4 reappearing are withered, why wouldn't be?
Here's the thing, while the limitation of the camera is still in the franchise, he has animation here too! Well, the same/a similar way the others have, sure. But since we're using him as a parameter and the withered are related to him...i got a calc.
Ok, i dunno if i could only use this calc in the calc section to get anything accepted, or if i could post it here in revision, so i'll only link to it.
But anyway, we've got a clear downgrade physically, and by comparison with the animation we saw in 1 and now this calc, we can really state that they're not Superhuman level of speed, since everyone of them is comparable to each other.

I was already planning a thread on this subject, it's bizarre to me that we are willing to grant charity to them moving between cameras instantaneously when the time-sensitive instances of Foxy running down the hallway to the door is picked up no problem.

All of the animatronics are effectively scaled to this for the main series from what I'm seeing, so Foxy's speed needs to be calculated or else they're likely ending up Unknown which nobody realistically wants.

I was already planning a thread on this subject, it's bizarre to me that we are willing to grant charity to them moving between cameras instantaneously when the time-sensitive instances of Foxy running down the hallway to the door is picked up no problem.

All of the animatronics are effectively scaled to this for the main series from what I'm seeing, so Foxy's speed needs to be calculated or else they're likely ending up Unknown which nobody realistically wants.
I've linked a calc to his jump in FNAF2 made by myself
Maybe tomorrow i can try calc'ing FNAF1's run and post there if this revision gets approved (or the other way around)?

Besides the obvious foxy feat, you could also go into;

puppet appearing into your office within a few seconds (and travels this distance, would only scale to the puppet)
322c05c9b2addf116a4b6417f476d4497905106dr1-260-194v2_hq.jpg

less impressive, but not following shadow freddy causes William to reach Freddy within moments despite being on (possibly) complete opposite sides of the location

Besides the obvious foxy feat, you could also go into;

puppet appearing into your office within a few seconds (and travels this distance, would only scale to the puppet)
322c05c9b2addf116a4b6417f476d4497905106dr1-260-194v2_hq.jpg

less impressive, but not following shadow freddy causes William to reach Freddy within moments despite being on (possibly) complete opposite sides of the location
The Puppet only scales to himself imo, so 100% agreed.

Unfortunatelly, the second one falls into the same game limitation i spoke about in 1.
If you jiggle and alternate rooms like that but in a place closer to where Shadow Freddy wanted to take you, the exact same happens (from what i understood in ur source), so i'm not impressed.

Unfortunatelly, the second one falls into the same game limitation i spoke about in 1.
If you jiggle and alternate rooms like that but in a place closer to where Shadow Freddy wanted to take you, the exact same happens (from what i understood in ur source), so i'm not impressed.
That's why using a closer room would be a low end, and using the starting room as a high end,

and then using some random ******* room as a mid-end.

if the high end comes out to be something like supersonic for example, that goes to the trash since that just seems out of place for fnaf

I'd rather not rely on something like this when there's way too much gray area and with the fact he's clearly not moving fast upon entering the room.

Scaling from Foxy's speed in FNaF1 should be the focus.

I'd rather not rely on something like this when there's way too much gray area and with the fact he's clearly not moving fast upon entering the room.

Scaling from Foxy's speed in FNaF1 should be the focus.
Imma pass through angular hell tomorrow, for this calc

ok, the feat is here
Since we can assume he starts his running process when he goes from being on the corner of the screen to completely disappearing, we can say he started running in 0:10 (0:12 at max, since it's the time we see that he's not there anymore) since he passes through one of the closest cameras in 0:14.
i will be considering this measuring, because going by the cameras it's impossible to get a good one (from what i know, at least).
Going for the highballing, he takes 6.82 seconds (starting at 0:10.00 and getting there when he slams the door in 0:16.82, which would mean killing the guard if it was open) and runs 14,77 meters (it took a while, hope i'm not super ultra incorrect)
So it would be 14,77/6,82=~2,17m/s. Again, Below Average Human.

So his scrapped version can jump at a speed not much higher than this. I don't find unbelievable, since jumping 6m straight should be faster than running 15m with curves.

@Abstractions sounds useful or am i wrong?

ok, the feat is here
Since we can assume he starts his running process when he goes from being on the corner of the screen to completely disappearing, we can say he started running in 0:10 (0:12 at max, since it's the time we see that he's not there anymore) since he passes through one of the closest cameras in 0:14.
i will be considering this measuring, because going by the cameras it's impossible to get a good one (from what i know, at least).
Going for the highballing, he takes 6.82 seconds (starting at 0:10.00 and getting there when he slams the door in 0:16.82, which would mean killing the guard if it was open) and runs 14,77 meters (it took a while, hope i'm not super ultra incorrect)
So it would be 14,77/6,82=~2,17m/s. Again, Below Average Human.

So his scrapped version can jump at a speed not much higher than this. I don't find unbelievable, since jumping 6m straight should be faster than running 15m with curves.

@Abstractions sounds useful or am i wrong?
you should just calc how fast he goes when he's onscreen

Back