• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Discussion Thread

Another thing I'd like to say is that I think the current 8-A feat we are using is kinda lowballed maybe a bit too much. Heck, I think it's outright wrong now that I think about it.

Pixel scaling looks fancy and all but do y'all see the issue? Himmel is used as a point of measure but he is dozens of meters closer to the camera than the diameter of the crater, not to mention that the hole is looked at from an angle.
I think it could possibly use a re-calc.
It specifically works because of the angle its at so him being closer doesn't necessarily matter also the man isn't remotely "dozens" of meters closer to the camera bro like 6~9m away tops which for something as large as this is fine.

Also we already had this discourse in the CRT and it was determined this was the best angle to with as all the shots were filled with inconsistencies so this one where we have him in direct relation to see its bottom at a decent angle works the best

That aside can you add the correct timeframe to your lake freeze blog

It specifically works because of the angle its at so him being closer doesn't necessarily matter also the man isn't remotely "dozens" of meters closer to the camera bro like 6~9m away tops which for something as large as this is fine.

Also we already had this discourse in the CRT and it was determined this was the best angle to with as all the shots were filled with inconsistencies so this one where we have him in direct relation to see its bottom at a decent angle works the best
... Why not use good ol tree? Use the height of the tree at the left or right end of the top part of the cliff, and use it for pixel scaling. A chapter earlier there is a good shot of Himmel near a tree which we could use for pixel scaling as well
That aside can you add the correct timeframe to your lake freeze blog
I will later

I think I'll try my hand at Denken's tornado and end it there since stuff is getting way too boring

I am done with this verse. Y'all can evaluate this, remake this, do whatever you want with it, I can't deal with this anymore, all the feats are just boring and trash. Frieren is more enjoyable as a manga rather than a verse for powerscaling.

edited the calc to have the anime time and the manga panel time used to divide the result
Wow, that's a good result for us to know that they can improve to 7-C.
I think we'll wait for the anime so we can calculate the speed of the storm for ourselves. And of course, I would probably be able to calculate it if I wasn't lazy first, haha.

I am done with this verse. Y'all can evaluate this, remake this, do whatever you want with it, I can't deal with this anymore, all the feats are just boring and trash. Frieren is more enjoyable as a manga rather than a verse for powerscaling.
I mean just letting big numbers dictate everything is going to get you exactly where you are now, we appreciate your help here but as I told you prior the primary purpose of this wiki is to index accurately first so just seeking big feats for the sake of it while is going to have ya very disappointed.

Besides while it may seem like every verse on the wiki has super high feats like 90% of fiction doesn't even get past tier 9 unironically featwise plus with more perspective 8-A makes frieren stronger than almost every spiderman and allows her to solo a decent number of verses.

Its certainly not a bad tier to be at and there's a decent chance there's better feats we're forgetting about

As far as the tornado goes you're doing another temperature change calc to get the output and it should be much better than doing RKE of a tornado

I mean just letting big numbers dictate everything is going to get you exactly where you are now, we appreciate your help here but as I told you prior the primary purpose of this wiki is to index accurately first so just seeking big feats for the sake of it while is going to have ya very disappointed.
Besides while it may seem like every verse on the wiki has super high feats like 90% of fiction doesn't even get past tier 9 unironically featwise plus with more perspective 8-A makes frieren stronger than almost every spiderman and allows her to solo a decent number of verses.
Homie I SCALE Tier 9 to 8 stuff and made verses together with others that hit that. I've only made a tier 2-1 verse once and that's it.
The issue isn't that it's tier 8-A, it's that it teases us with visuals that scream tier 7 only to end up being tier 8. It seriously annoys me and that's why I don't want to scale it.
Its certainly not a bad tier to be at and there's a decent chance there's better feats we're forgetting about
It is a good tier for a verse that looks around High 8-C. It isn't good looking for a verse where the average mage can raise a platau in the span of seconds, destroy gigantic rocks and freeze bigass lakes.
As far as the tornado goes you're doing another temperature change calc to get the output and it should be much better than doing RKE of a tornado
Idk how to do these at all so all I can suggest is asking a calc member to figure it out or doing it yourself, sorry.

The issue isn't that it's tier 8-A, it's that it teases us with visuals that scream tier 7 only to end up being tier 8. It seriously annoys me and that's why I don't want to scale it.
Its literally not teasing, the visuals are tier 7 for a couple of them but either the visuals get inconsistent like with frieren destroying that plateau or we just have to take in account timeframes for some feats which would otherwise as said be tier 7 on its own without doing the rest of the work needed.

It is a good tier for a verse that looks around High 8-C. It isn't good looking for a verse where the average mage can raise a platau in the span of seconds, destroy gigantic rocks and freeze bigass lakes.
Meh regardless tho the lawline calc results in upgrades for the verses all around as its 2x that of the frieren feat so frieren would scale way higher.

Its still certainly CRT worthy

Idk how to do these at all so all I can suggest is asking a calc member to figure it out or doing it yourself, sorry
Its the same as freezing a lake its just temperature change.

You already have the mass of the air affected, just calculate the rest off of turning 20°c to whatever the temperature of fire is

Its the same as freezing a lake its just temperature change.

You already have the mass of the air affected, just calculate the rest off of turning 20°c to whatever the temperature of fire is

Actually, in the case that the heat change is the same type of calc as the Lawine calc, I got the following using 1000 joules per kg as specific heat capacity, the mass of the tornado in kg and the change of 20 C (room temperature) to 1100 C (heat of fire, heat of a tornado is about the same)
(1000)(4137838.075)(1100-20) = 4.4688651e+12 joules or 1068 tons of TNT - Low 7-C

Actually, in the case that the heat change is the same type of calc as the Lawine calc, I got the following using 1000 joules per kg as specific heat capacity, the mass of the tornado in kg and the change of 20 C (room temperature) to 1100 C (heat of fire, heat of a tornado is about the same)
(1000)(4137838.075)(1100-20) = 4.4688651e+12 joules or 1068 tons of TNT - Low 7-C
Yeah I just did it using your numbers too and also got low 7-C so there ya go

Yeah I just did it using your numbers too and also got low 7-C so there ya go
I do have to ask, what is actually the specific heat capacity of air? I just keep getting very confusing results and they also often come in with the format of Kj/kg-K or stuff like these abominations which my humanitarian ass doesn't understand.
Which is the right one?

I do have to ask, what is actually the specific heat capacity of air? I just keep getting very confusing results and they also often come in with the format of Kj/kg-K or stuff like these abominations which my humanitarian ass doesn't understand.
Which is the right one?
You can convert KJ/kg to J/kg just using google so it just goes from

1.005KJ/kg to 1005J/kg

It should net you

4,491,209,446,605 Joules or 1.07342482 Kilotons of TNT (low 7-C)

Its just air pressure at different temperatures but as I said you'd just use a standard air pressure for this so the one I sent should be fine
well then, I have edited the calc properly to have it. Is it acceptable or is it only acceptable if we use RKE?

Well then... This means that Frieren is now a tier 7 verse if the anime doesn't screw us over in some convoluted way (I kinda hope they show the full tornado compared to the barrier and it ends up being bigger than the one I have here)

Latest anime episode hasn't nerfed the size... It was small at the beginning but it was becoming bigger fast and we are never shown just how truly big it is at any point. Thus, the manga version is superior for scaling and we can very much use the calc now.

I'll make a CRT later. Btw can you check my ice calc? The freezing lake one I mean

Latest anime episode hasn't nerfed the size... It was small at the beginning but it was becoming bigger fast and we are never shown just how truly big it is at any point. Thus, the manga version is superior for scaling and we can very much use the calc now.

I'll make a CRT later. Btw can you check my ice calc? The freezing lake one I mean
I already did for each of them

Summary can this calculation be used? We will be able to use it as part of the upgrade thread as well.
Well I believe the only reason the lawline calc uses the anime version is because we simply don't get a good frames of reference in the manga for it like at all, the manga version of this gives us a clear view, I'd say we'd need more staff input to determine which should be used but as of rn its mathematically fine

OK, so I'm not going to bring this up in the upgrade thread right now. It's not relevant to what's going on in the thread right now, and we should probably start a new thread to discuss it.

OK, so I'm not going to bring this up in the upgrade thread right now. It's not relevant to what's going on in the thread right now, and we should probably start a new thread to discuss it.
Yeah that's for the best, the first verison from the manga is on the first page of the discussion thread

I've tried calculating Richter's achievements in the anime, and we've got him at Low 7-C and Rae at Class G.
Wouldn't it be a problem if we used the px of the image instead of the imagemeter because measuring the px of the image gives much more accurate results?

LB1FNuG.jpeg

Wouldn't it be a problem if we used the px of the image instead of the imagemeter because measuring the px of the image gives much more accurate results?

LB1FNuG.jpeg
I always prefer this form of px scaling its much better but the calc here isn't inherently wrong.

If you want a go I'd like to see your results doing it like this if it's not too much to ask

50px = 40 feet = 12.192 meters
Mound width 1610px : (12.192/50) * 1610 =392.5824m
Mound height 506px : (12.192/50) * 506
=123.38304m

Volume: π×(392.5824/2)^2×123.38304
= 14935060.9482 m^3
Density: Continental crust, rocks and soil: 2,700 kg/m^3
Mass: 14935060.9482×2,700
= 40,324,664,560.1 kg (Class G)
Time: 5 second
Speed: 123.38304/5 = 24.676608 m/s
Energy: (40324664560.1×24.676608^2)/2 = 1.2277549e+13 J

=123.38304m

= 14935060.9482 m^3
Dang that's way higher

To use or not to use this version is up to y'all but generally speaking it would probably not be allowed. Manga versions always have priority unless they're unreliable. In this case the anime version is VERY different than manga. Personally, I'd use it, since there's no good frame of reference for the plateau in the manga and we used a random tree for it of which we don't know the real height and see from an angle. Personally I think my calc of it is a lowball due to the small height of the plateau. I'd say Lawine and Richter would be visible even from that distance if it was as small as in my calc, but I ain't sure.

=123.38304m

= 14935060.9482 m^3
I edited according to this calculation. Because I also think scanning in px looks better.

Back