• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieza (Super) vs Network

Choinoi said:
Ionliosite said:
So what's her scaling chain? Freeza's is huge.
If you don't mind my asking (I'm uneducated) what is a scaling chain and why does it matter for this fight?
A scaling chain is when a character beats another character, so the first character is stronger than the 2nd character and therefore scales to them.

A scaling chain looks like this:

Super Saiyan Goku > 100% Freeza > 50% Freeza > Kaiokenx20 Goku > Base Goku (Namek) > KKx4 Goku (Saiyan Saga) > Vegeta = Planet-Busting.

You can see a scaling chain here and the linear progression of power. Since Super Saiyan Goku is stronger than 100% Freeza and 100% Freeza is stronger than 50% Freeza, and you keep going down, you can see that this character is much stronger than Vegeta who can planet bust.

It basically denotes how powerful a character is.

For instance, Character A can have this scaling chain:

Character A > Character A's Enemy = 5 GigaJoules

But Character B can have this scaling chain:

Character B > Character B's Enemy > Character B's Ally > Character B (Weaker form) > 4.8 Gigajoules

Now with just a number, Character A is stronger but due to the scaling chain, we can reasonably assume Character B is actually stronger than Character A.

If you don't mind my asking (I'm uneducated) what is a scaling chain and why does it matter for this fight?

Scaling chains are the most important thing on DBS, they're extremely relevant on this fight.

I asked one HN supporter, and the individual also didn't know what scaling chains were, so I've asked another supporter and will continue to do so until I can get a definitive answer

While I don't know the scaling chain, what I do know is that the majority of Neptunia is currently under revisions here and here. So yeah... Gotta wait on those if you wanna use Nepgear in a fight.

GlaceonGamez471 said:
While I don't know the scaling chain, what I do know is that the majority of Neptunia is currently under revisions
here and here. So yeah... Gotta wait on those if you wanna use Nepgear in a fight.
I'll watch those threads and bump this thread when the revisions are done

Here is an example chain for Post-ToP Frieza:

Frieza (Broly) >> Goku (Broly) > Goku (Post-UI) > Goku (Post-UIS3) > Goku (Post-UIS2) > UIS1 Goku > Infinite Zamasu = Baseline Low 2-C

SS Broly is about 50x Post-ToP SSB Goku, who was stronger than Infinite Zamasu after UIS2. This places SS Broly at least 100x Low 2-C or so. It's hard to scale how much stronger Goku became but he clearly grew stronger from UIS3 and UI.

Frieza tanked SS Broly for over an hour, placing him as somewhere over half of SS Broly's power.

Overall, Frieza is arguably at least hundreds of times Baseline Low 2-C.

CryoTheMayo said:
Here is an example chain for Post-ToP Frieza:

Frieza (Broly) >> Goku (Broly) > Goku (Post-UI) > Goku (Post-UIS3) > Goku (Post-UIS2) > UIS1 Goku > Infinite Zamasu = Baseline Low 2-C

SS Broly is about 50x Post-ToP SSB Goku, who was stronger than Infinite Zamasu after UIS2. This places SS Broly at least 100x Low 2-C or so. It's hard to scale how much stronger Goku became but he clearly grew stronger from UIS3 and UI.

Frieza tanked SS Broly for over an hour, placing him as somewhere over half of SS Broly's power.

Overall, Frieza is arguably at least hundreds of times Baseline Low 2-C.
Can't we scale backward from Beerus and Broly too now since Beerus is accepted as at least 1/2 2-C now ?

Nepgear is undergoing massive revisions so I do suggest not using her until then

Even then Frieza massively AP stomps.

Schnee One said:
Nepgear is undergoing massive revisions so I do suggest not using her until then
Even then Frieza massively AP stomps.
What about switching to Network since this match is still relatively new?

Not quite. The gap between FPSS and SS is about as huge and unquantifiable as SS and SSB. The gap is thousands of times at the very least, and we have no figure between Low 2-C and 2-C as a true gap.

However, I can claim characters scaling to SS Broly and SS Gogeta would retroactively scale to thousands of times weaker than someone borderline 2-C.

So, Frieza is unquantifiably Low 2-C but is a few ten thousand times weaker than a borderline 2-C like FPSS Broly, Beerus and Gogeta Blue.

It doesn't sound like Nep is even remotely as close to 2-C as Frieza is but the revisions for her verse may change that.

BakiHanma18 said:
Dragomer said:
BakiHanma18 said:
Are the revision done ?
On Nep, no. I changed it to Network
Ah, okay.

Well, all Network has going on for him from a quick glance at his profile seems to be his absorption, depending on how it works, it could be a win condition but Freezer seems able to easily one shot him.

Back