• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fury (Darksiders) vs Erza (Fairy Tail)

And even higher as Havoc, I suppose.

Well, so Erza has a slight AP edge, so minuscule it's irrelevant.

Wouldn't Fury have the AP advantage? Erza's base scales to 25.7 megatons, but Fury is much higher than 24 megatons.

Natsu and Gray scale to Silver, Erza scales notably above above them in base alone.

25.7 megatons = casual Silver < serious Silver = base Gray =< base Natsu < base Erza < weaker armor Erza < stronger armor Erza <<< sheathed Kagura < Archenemy Kagura <<< Clear Heart Erza

So she's somewhat higher than 25.7 in base, is higher with her armor, and is much higher with Clear Heart.

Also, it's says she's comparable to base Natsu on her profile. Is she actually stronger even without armor?

Fury's scaling just goes:

24.24 megatons = Severely weakened War <<<<< Base War = Base Fury <<< Havoc Form

War was so hilariously weak when he did his feat that normal demons were mocking him for how pathetic he now was, and Samael, someone comparable to the Horsemen, would have one shot him without a second thought.

Either way, I think the AP difference on both sides might not be enough to matter too much, now that I'm looking at it.

I believe she also has a scaling chain quite notable and the possibility of amping through her strongest armors.

Anonymous noted the scaling chain, and does Erza have access to all of her strongest armors regardless of arc? Because I think some of them are only used when she's in a higher key unless I'm mistaken.

And I think only her strongest armors give her a noticeable AP amp, and that the utility from her weaker armors is what she uses them for. So Base Fury should be = to Base Erza and her weaker armors.

I don't remember if Erza pulled a New armor for the last arc, so I guess she has everything shown so far.

No. She has all of her armors in X791 and they are always within the same key she is. Weaker armors refers to Empress armors, Heaven's Wheel Black Wing etc, stronger refers to Purgatory, Adaamantine (defense wise), and when I say Clear Heart in a scaling chain, I am including Nakagami and Armadura as well as the former is shown to be the same level while the latter was stated by Erza to be stronger than CH.

Erza has a few new ones in X792 like Wind God, Celestial and Blade Wing. But they are iseless overall. Only Celestial gives anything useful.

Alright then. So AP is basically equal base to base, with Erza's stronger armors giving her the edge unless Fury goes Havoc Form.

Just pointing out CH level armors one shot/no sell Archenemy which one shots her stronger armors while sheathed, the stronger armors able to block stuff that one shot weaker armors.

Ah, I think we're forgetting that Fury ignores conventional durability with two of her weapons, the Edge and Scythe of Scorn. Erza doesn't seem to have an answer for those two.

Erza can also ignore dura with her Nakagami. Does Fury have a way to prevent a blitz from Flight Armor? For context, it lets Erza keep up with Racer in his time slow field, which lets him blitz her base despite her base blitzing him without it, and Cobra who has mind reading that lets him fight against people who blitz him.

Fury can counter a blitz by using her Stasis Shield ability to become invincible while slowing Erza with time manip, so it would just put them on equal ground again, but Fury would be far more wary and likely try to end the match immediately afterwards. As long as Erza doesn't instakill Fury with flight armor, she can just heal through any attack as well.

I think I have a good idea of the matchup now.

Base to base, I think Fury takes it. She has a massive experience gap being an unknown thousand year old warrior, her whip has better range than Erza's Sword and her Arcane Counter ability lets her react to and dodge most of Erza's abilities, while dealing damage back in return. Most of Erza's weaker armors can be countered in some way by Fury's Hollow abilities or by Arcane Counter as well. When Erza pulls out her stronger armors or Flight armor, she begins to be able to take it, but Fury can just use the Stasis Hollow to slow Erza down with time manipulation, then cut her up with the Edge and Scythe of Scorn which ignore durability and further slow her down.

If Erza goes Clear Heart she probably wins, but even it might get countered by Fury's Havoc Form which makes her invulnerable while amping her damage. Clear Heart apparently doesn't give Erza any defense, so idk how well she'd be in that fight. And that's assuming she manages to stay alive long enough to use Clear Heart.

This is a very skill based matchup. Both of them have counters to the other's abilities, and Fury's hax allow her to keep up with Erza's stat amps.

If we can determine who is more skilled, the winner will become easy to see.

Can you expand on Arcane Counter? The profile description is .... just any normal counter attack with the weapon in hand. I am not seeing what is special about it.

How fast is she to use stasis field? Because FA won't give her time to do anything. Given that Fury clearly isn't human, Erza is just gonna go for the kill without hesitation.

I agree with Fury having more experience though Erza does have her own experience with fighting centuries old beings such as her mother and Kyoka, the latter having a talon/whip for each finger which Erza is able to fight off easily, also overcoming Evergreen and Irene's danmaku with no difficulty (Irene's happens after this key but Evergreen's is far more impressive anyway) and scales above the rest of Team Natsu which includes Lucy who has absurdly less combat experience yet can still beat Flare who has prehensile hair and Natsu who can fight off/dodge Mard Geer's Thorn Curse which spams vines from every direction.

It seems more like her weaker armors neg the Hollows tbh. Flame Empress for Flame, Lightning Empress for Storm, Flight for Stasis and an Adamantine shield for Force.

Gonna point out that while CH is one of her best armors, Nakagami scales to it in stats, negs magic and gives dura neg as while. CH also does give better defense. Going by Erza's description of it, it doesn't and actually lowers it but she has her best dura feats in it so .... yeah.

In Skill, Erza is a master with every weapon she has (this includes a variety of swords like claymores, greatswords, katanas etc, spear, halberds, giant war hammers, oversized maces, bows, daggers and a bunch of other stuff) this skill extends to her feet equally as well. When Evergreen doubles her danmaku, Erza just ditches her shoes and wields four swords simultaneously to cut through it, she was able to fight Erza Knightwalker (who scales to Erza in skill) with her feet, Ikaruga skill stomps the above where Erza needs to dual wield katanas skill stomping Ikaruga in turn. During the GMG, Kagura is able to skill stomp all of the above and even counter a blitz from FA that Erza was unable to perceive (note they have equal speed so this isn't a speed feat, just one of those skill stuff that just don't make sense but we accept it anyway) before Erza pulls Benizakura (main sword for Clear Heart and out skills Kagura. She would also scale above Natsu who can learn a person's fighting style after a short exchange with them.

Tl;dr for skill: Benizakura >>> bloodlusted Kagura > casual Kagura >>> blitzing Erza > dual wielding katanas >>> Ikaruga >>> everything else Erza can do > Natsu learning someone's entire fighting style in an exchange.

You mentioned the whip out ranging Erza's sword above but I do wanna point out that one of her leading moves is to use her Heaven's Wheel and Gilgamesh the enemy with dozens of weapons that have varied effects like fire, water, lightning, wind etc to figure out any weaknesses they might have to such things and proceed accordingly. She does this against the Eisenwald Guild and against the Pandemonium trial. Erza also switches up her armor and weapon combos such as her FA and Purgatory mace/Adamantine shield giving her the speed of one and the AP/dura of the other.

Counters from the Horsemen are the awaking of their reactive instincts, as described from War's block counter, and let them perfectly counter almost all attacks. It's basically Instinctive Reaction, and I should probably crt it.

Stasis Shield comes out near instantly and she'd use it the second she realizes she's getting blitzed so she can slow Erza down. Fury looks exactly like a human, just with glowing eyes, so why would Erza assume she isn't?

Fury is far older, has seen far more battles, has trained more, has fought more enemies and has faced more trials than likely all of Erza's enemies put together. It's not age alone that gives Fury her skill, it's the fact she's slaughtered entire planets and civilizations for thousands of years straight alongside her brethren before even becoming a Horsemen.

Idk about all the other feats you're listing, I don't know Fairy Tail that well, but they just don't seem incredibly impressive in comparison to the insane experience gap Fury has over Erza. Unless Erza's skill before the scaling chain was already comparable to Fury's, I don't see how beating people that skill stomped her means she can do the same to Fury.

It's like saying a martial artist is beaten by a better martial artist, but because they managed to overcome that martial artist after becoming more skilled, they can now fight a martial artist whose been training for ten thousand years.

How does flight armor counter the stasis hollow? She turns invincible and slows Erza down, then starts cutting her to pieces with durability negging. She'd have to switch armors vs stasis hollow, flight doesn't help her. And if she switches off of Flight, she is now slower than Fury. All the other armors abilities get negged by her hollows in return as well, and Fury can still use her whip while she has hollows active, so it goes back to skill.

Fury has mastered every weapon that Scorn can turn into, which is whatever she wants. The hollows inspire her to change her weapon, they aren't the reason she can. So she's been training with every weapon across all of Creation for thousands of years longer than Erza has. Whips, Clubs, maces, swords, flails, talons, scythes, hammers, axes, spears, lances and all other manner of weaponry have been mastered by Fury so she can use Scorn to its fullest extent, and she's been doing so for far, far longer than Erza has.

I'm not sure that's how fighting skill works? I don't think that by virtue of being stronger than someone you're inherently more skilled than them. Dodging some whip like weapons also doesn't exactly correlate 1:1 with dodging attacks from a combat master that just happens to use a whip.

Fury can counter Weapon spam by exploding with Cataclysm to scatter them or Stasis Shield. Maybe even Havoc Form if she's desperate. She might even be able to stop them with TK, but she doesn't seem to use it to stop projectiles. Idk how willing Erza is to just weapon spam over and over again against a single target who is relatively close to her. Speaking of TK, what stops Fury from TK'ing Erza? Despite both being at least class K, weakened War has a comparable LS to Natsu's, a dubious one at that since War is actually very clearly higher than that feat, and he's much farther below Fury than Natsu is Erza.

The only combo I can think of that would severely harm Fury is Flight and Nakagami, since it would likely pierce stasis shield, but Erza would have to not be already time slowed or dead by the time she thinks to do such a combo. And Fury can crossover with her weapon modes as well, so she can be using a whip one moment, then be tossing dual telekinetic scythes the next, then throw a lightning spear fight after.

Fury's hollows are a problem for Erza because she either has to deal with them by requipping armor to counter them, or ignore and deal with what they bring in order to use armor that lets her win. For example, Erza is in flight armor, and is being slowed by the stasis hollow, what's her answer to Fury switching to the storm hollow and paralyzing her? If she switches to the lightning empress armor, she's still going to be slowed, and Fury can just switch back to the stasis hollow right after to slow her even further.

Back