• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Future Shenanigans vs Parallel World Shenanigans

Yhwach level precog, frankly better since he can see all of the future until the end of existence from all possible locations, in other words he can see all the infinite possibilities that exist for the future.

Uff.. Valentine should have Love Train. Otherwise I assume Kakeru takes this pretty easily.

Let's see...

Kakeru has no spatial manipulation to bypass Love Train. He is physically weaker than D4C (its 8-B vs 8-B+). He cannot affect him with memory manipulation, illusions or even electricity as those are all considered misfortune to Valentine and would simply be re-directed away...

Kakeru looks into the Eye of Aeon and sees only one future where he wins: where Valentine willingly commits suicide.

Biggest stomp in Valentine's favor.

Well technically he might not need spatial hax, he doesn't just see the future, he decides the future he wants from among the infinite possibilities, and can make anything happen no matter how tiny or infinitesmal the possibility of it happening is.

You can't bypass Love Train without reality warping of some sort or greater spatial manipulation. This is a fact.

I don't even think there would be a future where Valentine commits suicide? I said that as a joke. Shooting himself would be misfortune. Thinking suicidal thoughts is misfortune.

What I'm trying to illustrate is there is no "bad" future for Valentine. He warps the present to make everything GOOD for him. Kakeru looks into the eye and realizes "well ****". He chooses the worst possible future, where Valentine gets immediately crushed by an asteroid. It doesn't matter, Love Train redirects the misfortune associated and comes out from under unscathed.

There's no future where Valentine loses with Love Train, so long as there is no outside help. The only future where Kakeru wins is where Johnny Joestar assists him.

I mean the future is infinite saying there is no future of it might be a stretch idk, he may wrap the present to make everything good for him, but the present is the present, the future is a myriad of the infinite, anything can happen.

The eye of aeon observes all the possibilities for the future, until the end of existence itself, and chooses futures the user wants from those infinite possibilities until the end of existence.

Also in 11 eyes resona forma, apparently the eye can materialize stuff like people, reality, and even send the user back in time, though just going off what i see on the wiki since it's untranslated.

Basically this match comes down to funny redirecting misfortunes in the present vs kakeru deciding a future among the infinite possibilities for the future.

Yes but it is not fair for Kakeru to bring in other opponents into this fight. This is strictly him versus Valentine, he cannot really bring in other characters like Johnny Joestar. Otherwise the same would be allowed for Valentine and he could bring in Diego Brando, who has whooped Johnny's ass in the past.

There is no feasible future where Love Train Valentine will lose this fight. In any negative future for Valentine, whatever negative action or consequence for him will be negated via misfortune redirection. Out of infinite possible futures, I do not see one where Valentine is immediately struck by a naturally occuring source of spatial manipulation... maybe a blackhole could manifest and just destroy Valentine? It would also destroy earth in it's entirety and Kakeru as well, so not really a viable future for him.

Basically, if they are put in a fight to the death with no outside help, all observable timelines would include Valentine winning, since Kakeru nor anything on earth cannot kill Valentine.

Even excluding the future manipulation vs misdirection debate, imo at best this inconclusive while funny maybe stronger, he isn't hitting kakeru, kakeru has the experience and skill of billions of people in addition to his precog that will allow him to see what funny will do in an infinite number of scenarios, and he can do stuff like shortening the distance between him and his opponent, lengthen the distance is not far fetched for him to do.

Back to the future vs misdirection debate, i don't think spatial manipulation is the only possibily way to get pass love train, for one, out of the infinite number of possibilities there could be one where funny himself willing steps out from behind love train, and while funny may misdirect misfortune so he would never say die due to an illness, as far as i am aware he is still a man with a normal lifespan, that possibility for the future where he dies of a natural lifespan is one that could also be realized.

Funny himself may have an "invincible" barrier around him, but the future doesn't necessarily have to take into account only the barrier but also funny himself, he could do something stupid in the future like leaving the barrier, it is a possibility.

Funny cannot step outside of Love Train. He can use D4C outside of it, but Kakeru would need soul manipulation of some sort in order to even see his stand.

Aging is a misfortune? It would be re-directed. Even past damage like scars were totally re-directed. But yeah, his aging would be re-directed somewhere else.

Funny is unable to leave the barrier. It passively surrounds him. This isn't just how he uses it, this is a fact.

But yes I agree with inconclusive on the basis that Funny cannot hit him.

Not sure about aging since it seems like an assumption that funny is now immortal, but yea if he can't himself leave the barrier then i don't see a possibility of him leaving it in the future.

Anyway was just looking into the mechanics how these two powers could react, i will take your vote for inconclusive.

Back