• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaara vs Sanji​

• Fight Location: Whole Cake Island
  • New Era Gaara and Post-Timeskip Sanji will be used
  • Equalized Speed
  • Starting Distance: 15 Meters
Gaara: 5 (@FluffyCreatureZ, @Kin201, @Rocker1189, @Popted2, @KingAllen30)
Sanji: 6 (@LordGinSama, @joshpiece, @Ryuga21, @KingTempest, @NomsNoms, @Loyd)
Inconclusive:

latest
latest

Last edited:
What stops Sanji from going invisible with Raid suit and just absolutely bodying him?

Gaara has auto protection and higher Ap and durability, Also a massive range advantage. So, the hell is sanji gonna do? Kick the sand?

Gaara's Instinctive Reaction will stop that.

Drawbacks​

• May be rendered irrelevant if the opponent has precognition to predict their movements.
Via equalized speed Sanji's Base speed would also be equal to Gaara's and I'm assuming his sand.

What stops the Diable Jambe + Raid Suit speed amp plus Observation Haki to get around it?

Via equalized speed Sanji's Base speed would also be equal to Gaara's and I'm assuming his sand.

What stops the Diable Jambe + Raid Suit speed amp plus Observation Haki to get around it?
The drawback is more specifically for attacks rather than defense on top of that he is starting in raid suit so the speed of that would be equal unless he puts on the raid suit mid fight?

His observation haki is not literal future sight soo it would not make that huge a difference. As long as the speed amp is not that great the sand should still be capable of reacting not to mention he has sand armour and can just drown the entire area in sand due to outranging massively making the speed difference null.

SBA states that opponents start at their strongest, sanji will start in diable jambe raid suit, observation haki doesn't make you faster and auto protection will still defend gaara.

The drawback is more specifically for attacks rather than defense on top of that he is starting in raid suit so the speed of that would be equal unless he puts on the raid suit mid fight?
The raid suit has boosters on top of his regular speed. The raid suit doesn't make you faster, the boosters do. Plus his Diable Jambe. They both enhance speed (on his profile).
His observation haki is not literal future sight soo it would not make that huge a difference.
All because it's not literal future sight doesn't mean that it doesn't make a difference. It's still precognition, and Sanji with his regular precognition could sense things better than Luffy could with his future sight, so that's not a good argument.
As long as the speed amp is not that great the sand should still be capable of reacting not to mention he has sand armour and can just drown the entire area in sand due to outranging massively making the speed difference null.
People that matched Sanji's speed w/out the boosters got manhandled when he turned the boosters on, and that was without Diable Jambe. This isn't enough.
Not including the fact that Sanji has dura neg to negate his Sand armor.

All because it's not literal future sight doesn't mean that it doesn't make a difference. It's still precognition, and Sanji with his regular precognition could sense things better than Luffy could with his future sight, so that's not a good argument.
This is not a good argument either that panel simply says he is better at sensing the opponent nothing about future sight and how it works. And it still does not really counter the instinctive reaction.
People that matched Sanji's speed w/out the boosters got manhandled when he turned the boosters on, and that was without Diable Jambe. This isn't enough.
Not including the fact that Sanji has dura neg to negate his Sand armor.
Ok so he can be faster, he would still be drowned by masses of sand though, he would have to get past a massive AOE which cant be done by speed and seeing as he is out machced in the AP department he cant get past those to get to Gaara in the first place.

But seeing as this is closer than I thought I vote Gaara via massive range+AOE advantage and AP advantage.
Also, wasn't Gaara's sensing of invisible people via contact? What will he do if Sanji just stays in the air the entire time?
Put the sand in the air? He would still have to get through the sand in the air to reach Gaara who out ranges him massively.

This is not a good argument either that panel simply says he is better at sensing the opponent nothing about future sight and how it works. And it still does not really counter the instinctive reaction.
It says he's overall better with Observation, which Future sight falls under.
Ok so he can be faster, he would still be drowned by masses of sand though, he would have to get past a massive AOE which cant be done by speed and seeing as he is out machced in the AP department he cant get past those to get to Gaara in the first place.
Gaara needs to create those huge ass masses of sand which take a good amount of time to do, and the starting limit is 15 meters. Sanji has tens of meters of range. He can still hit Gaara.

Not including the fact that the fight location is Whole Cake Island. Can't Sanji just go underwater and kick a bunch of water at his Sand?
But seeing as this is closer than I thought I vote Gaara via massive range+AOE advantage and AP advantage.
Sanji for invisibility, closing range gap, dura negation, precog, etc,
Put the sand in the air? He would still have to get through the sand in the air to reach Gaara who out ranges him massively.
Never in my life have I seen Gaara put his sand in the air to sense aerial opponents. Even when he fought Deidara he didn't do that.
The starting distance is 15 meters, it's really not that bad at all.

It says he's overall better with Observation, which Future sight falls under.
That is not literally what is said though...
Gaara needs to create those huge ass masses of sand which take a good amount of time to do, and the starting limit is 15 meters. Sanji has tens of meters of range. He can still hit Gaara.
It does not take that much time at all, The starting range is short but Sanji would have to use a lot of things before het gets to the point where he can actually get to Gaara past his initial defending sand.
Not including the fact that the fight location is Whole Cake Island. Can't Sanji just go underwater and kick a bunch of water at his Sand?
? you really think the water is going to make a difference to someone can can damn near control each individual grain of sand?
Sanji for invisibility, closing range gap, dura negation, precog, etc,
countered, speed equal plus mass of sand counters, he would have to hit him first mass of sand counters, only precog makes a difference and barely with no actual future sight, there is no other "etc" here....
Never in my life have I seen Gaara put his sand in the air to sense aerial opponents.
He did it to find the giant clam.

And sensing does not help very much against the sand..
Observation haki wouldn't allow him to beat gaara's instinctive reaction.
Based on what?

Sanji could easily sense where the sand is gonna go before it even moves there, which even basic CoO users could do.

And again, Gaara has never shown to sense people in the air. If Sanji goes invisible off the jump (which he has done consistently), Gaara won't even know he's invisible.

just wanna say that diable jambe could possibly transform Gaara sand in Glass for you know chimics
so if Sanji can use diable jambe for a great eriod of time or enough wich Gaara sand is poor sanji could possibly win

i don't say its a stomp but at least has a wincon

just wanna say that diable jambe could possibly transform Gaara sand in Glass for you know chimics
so if Sanji can use diable jambe for a great eriod of time or enough wich Gaara sand is poor sanji could possibly win
No, Gaara's Sand took Amaterasu. Gaara's Sand wouldn't fall under the same qualities as regular sand.

Based on what?

Sanji could easily sense where the sand is gonna go before it even moves there, which even basic CoO users could do.

And again, Gaara has never shown to sense people in the air. If Sanji goes invisible off the jump (which he has done consistently), Gaara won't even know he's invisible.
And then he would have to move right after and again if it is a huge mass of sand it doesnt matter if it is slower he would have to get around it.

I literally tolfd you to sense the giant clam he put sand all around it including in the air.

Based on what?

No dummy, observation haki and future sight are different and sanji doesn't have future sight. And the sand automatically goes to where ever sanji is going to strike, his haki won't matter. Plus the stupid range difference.

And then he would have to move right after and again if it is a huge mass of sand it doesnt matter if it is slower he would have to get around it.
So Gaara can produce huge masses of sand faster than Sanji can move 15 meters
I literally tolfd you to sense the giant clam he put sand all around it including in the air.
His sand was moving around to sense plus he was stuck in a desert.
This is whole cake island, he has to create the sand while Sanji needs to dash at him

No dummy, observation haki and future sight are different and sanji doesn't have future sight. And the sand automatically goes to where ever sanji is going to strike, his haki won't matter. Plus the stupid range difference.
Before Luffy had future sight he was predicting where things would go. Sanji was hitting snipers before they could even shoot.

And watch the insults

So Gaara can produce huge masses of sand faster than Sanji can move 15 meters
Sanji isnt going to oneshot through the base sand in the first place.

His sand was moving around to sense plus he was stuck in a desert.
That doesnt mean anything he can make his sand move in the air and has done so to show an invisible clam. Heck Gaara can just turtle like he did with Deidara.

This is whole cake island, he has to create the sand while Sanji needs to dash at him
He can create sand while fighting simultaneously.
And watch the insults
uhhh thats not an insult.

Sanji isnt going to oneshot through the base sand in the first place.
Through the Sand armor, for sure.
Through the sand shield, no, which is why his invis and CoO comes in handy.
That doesnt mean anything he can make his sand move in the air and has done so to show an invisible clam. Heck Gaara can just turtle like he did with Deidara.
And it took time for him to do that to a clam that stood in one place. Sanji isn't staying in one place like Gengetsu's clam, he's running around trying to hit him.
He can create sand while fighting simultaneously.
I know, but it's not like it's instantly there. Sanji needs to go invisible and run at him while Gaara needs to form sand.

Before Luffy had future sight he was predicting where things would go. Sanji was hitting snipers before they could even shoot.

And watch the insults
Yeah but that is extremely brief, he doesn't actually see the future but more like predict it accurately, which doesn't help in this case because the sand would still track sanji's attack and block.
And I didn't really mean to insult you, I picked a silly word for that reason but I apologize anyway as it was unnecessary.

And it took time for him to do that to a clam that stood in one place. Sanji isn't staying in one place like Gengetsu's clam, he's running around trying to hit him.
The point is that the sand be used to sense things in the air as long as he has to get thought sand in the air gaara can definitely sense him as he can feel his sand.

I know, but it's not like it's instantly there. Sanji needs to go invisible and run at him while Gaara needs to form sand.
Gaara doesnt need to form much sand initially he can simply have his starting gourd sand to protect him before going to for the big plays with large amounts.

Yeah but that is extremely brief, he doesn't actually see the future but more like predict it accurately, which doesn't help in this case because the sand would still track sanji's attack and block.
There's the thing, the prediction is good enough to the point that it basically matches up with Luffy's future sight, so even though it's not literally saying "the sand is there", it's good enough to dodge the sensing
And I didn't really mean to insult you, I picked a silly word for that reason but I apologize anyway as it was unnecessary.
I was playing I know it's not an insult😭No issues from here
The point is that the sand be used to sense things in the air as long as he has to get thought sand in the air gaara can definitely sense him as he can feel his sand.
That's fair. I forgot I made the claim that he couldn't sense things in the air. My bad.

Gaara would definitely sense him, but what stops Sanji from just not making contact with the sand?
Gaara doesnt need to form much sand initially he can simply have his starting gourd sand to protect him before going to for the big plays with large amounts.
So wait.
Gaara will be doing 3 things with his sand.
A. Creating more sand.
B. Using his sand to sense invisible opponents in the atmosphere.
C. Making himself fly.
D. Attacking.

These are a lot of things that he's doing.

And doesn't Busoshoku haki have a forcefield? How's Sand getting through that?

Gaara would definitely sense him, but what stops Sanji from just not making contact with the sand?
I mean the sand it tiny and a whole lot of it, it would be hard to avoid making contact, and if even a bit of sand is on you you would be sensed.
So wait.
Gaara will be doing 3 things with his sand.
A. Creating more sand.
B. Using his sand to sense invisible opponents in the atmosphere.
C. Making himself fly.
D. Attacking.
He can literally do all of these at once as he has been capable of doing so. But regardless Sanji would have to start by attacking invisibly for some reason in the first place.

And doesn't Busoshoku haki have a forcefield? How's Sand getting through that?
Errm break through it? He has the AP advantage. And he can even just bury Sanji or sand coffin him.

Idek why I'm trying to argue. I knew it was a losing battle

Sanji actually has no wincon @TauanVictor this match isn't even fair.

Gaara FRA

Observation haki and future sight is the same. Future sight is only better in a sense because you can see an entire event. Your basic observation haki can be good and combat future sight if that person is good enough in observation haki. Not everyone knows future sight and those who don't are just as good as future sight users. Sanji dodged a jelly bean from katakuri and a gun shot from the priest.

Sanji's speed amp and observation prolly his only wincon.

Bump.

Sanji has future sight and instinctive reaction now.

How's that changing things?

Back