• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gabriel (A certain magical index) vs. One piece verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
NotEvenHuman said:
I don't think the ghosts are fast enough to hit her. Also, Doffy's strings? Really? Gabriel would just rip the strings apart like butter. I don't remember this door guy you're talking about.
gabriel never showed close-combat speed, her travelling speed is hypersonic or so but otherwise she isnt that fast, and doffys strings only need to hit her neck (which is possible via stealth), and the door-guy is a CP9-member...

^^^^^^i somehow get the impression you ignore what i said on purpose, how amyn times did i mentione that base-lvl accelerator was able to hurt gabriel? that means there is no f*cking hiarchy-BS that you always mention, really im sorry but i dont get it, why do you bring it up several times even after i showed that it your argument doesnt work at all?

for 1: it was base-accelerator who fought gabriel, than: curse-thing will work, you cant simply no-sell a ability of a char with the explanation of some kind of "angels dot get cursed"...

2:yeah, such a scenario will result in her victory...

3: like i said, there is door-guy whichi can bring anyone necessary into his own dimension which will allow them to go close to gabriel without any worry about any attack...

4: the same argument as 3 and on ground-lvl law can slice gabriel in two, BB can negate gabriels powers, ghosts will definively hit her, so the chances are way higher...

^^^^^ i never talked about killing, this is why i always used chars who dont kill...

and all in all: im doe with this thread, all arguments are already said and i gave my opinion, imo OP has chances to win (like the scenarios i posted)...

NotEvenHuman said:
Not really. Dangerous place coud be outer space, several kilometers deep underwater, inside a volcano, an entirely different phase... "Dangerous place" means exactly that. A dangerous place. You can't just assume it's outer space like that. Are our satellites that close to Earth? I though they were way further up. Still, 15km is more than enough distance to kill them all safely.
you are right but in the context of the story it referred to outer space :)

and as far as i know it is around 15km ^_^

because even ordinary magicians have countermeasures

Ordinary magicians wouldn't hold a candle to saints, and saints wouldn't hold a candle to angels

Curse Countermeasures: It has been said that any decent magician can sense the signs of simple curses like the Ushi no Koku Mairi and put together countermeasures against them. It can be assumed that most magicians possess a resistance to curses, with the effectiveness likely depending on the curse's strength and the magician's skill.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/To_Aru_Majutsu_No_Index

Hiearchies isn't just nonsense, it's made so that characters like Fiamma who has auto win button literally with his right hand can't hold a candle to magic gods like Othinius or someone like Aleister who is at the level of a magic god. Only imagine breaker can break all hiearchies because it's the main character's only weapon, so technically one can think of imagine breaker as low 2-c for destroying Gungir that allowed othinius to rewrite reality, though to be honest Othinius let touma win.

It wasn't base form accelerator, it was dark winged accelerator who fought gabriel. but he was able to hurt her

as for law, his attack potency isn't enough to hurt Gabriel to be honest, he was stopped by Doffy soooooo yeah...

GreatestSin said:
NotEvenHuman said:
I don't think the ghosts are fast enough to hit her. Also, Doffy's strings? Really? Gabriel would just rip the strings apart like butter. I don't remember this door guy you're talking about.
gabriel never showed close-combat speed, her travelling speed is hypersonic or so but otherwise she isnt that fast, and doffys strings only need to hit her neck (which is possible via stealth), and the door-guy is a CP9-member...
^^^i somehow get the impression you ignore what i said on purpose, how amyn times did i mentione that base-lvl accelerator was able to hurt gabriel? that means there is no f*cking hiarchy-BS that you always mention, really im sorry but i dont get it, why do you bring it up several times even after i showed that it your argument doesnt work at all?

for 1: it was base-accelerator who fought gabriel, than: curse-thing will work, you cant simply no-sell a ability of a char with the explanation of some kind of "angels dot get cursed"...

2:yeah, such a scenario will result in her victory...

3: like i said, there is door-guy whichi can bring anyone necessary into his own dimension which will allow them to go close to gabriel without any worry about any attack...

4: the same argument as 3 and on ground-lvl law can slice gabriel in two, BB can negate gabriels powers, ghosts will definively hit her, so the chances are way higher...

^^ i never talked about killing, this is why i always used chars who dont kill...

and all in all: im doe with this thread, all arguments are already said and i gave my opinion, imo OP has chances to win (like the scenarios i posted)...
I never said anything about hierarchy, what are you talking about. Also, verses aren't usually equalized unless the OP specifies it. You are the only one saying the verses are equalized. And even then, BB's powers only negate other Devil Fruit powers. Accel didn't fight Gabriel alone. Kazakiri was there too. Again, the one who said the ghosts would have no effect because they would be considered curses was not me. Slicing Gabriel in two won't help. Perona's ghosts are Hypersonic+, Gabriel is High Hypersonic. I don't see those ghosts hitting Gabriel.

Aurasuke said:
It wasn't base form accelerator, it was dark winged accelerator who fought gabriel. but he was able to hurt her
no, it was base accelerator, btw, law can slice anything as long as it is iin his room, doffy didnt tank his attack, he always moved to fast for law to aim his slicing...

^^i talked with aurasake :) plus: if the equiv needs to be stated than conquerer haki spamming -> gabriel is down :I for BB: i already explained it several other posts before about BBs negation, ghosts can move such speeds in close combat while gabriel only has travel speed as highi hypersonic, in close combat she never showed or implied such speeds...

GreatestSin said:
Aurasuke said:
no, it was base accelerator, btw, law can slice anything as long as it is iin his room, doffy didnt tank his attack, he always moved to fast for law to aim his slicing...
^^i talked with aurasake :) plus: if the equiv needs to be stated than conquerer haki spamming -> gabriel is down :I for BB: i already explained it several other posts before about BBs negation, ghosts can move such speeds in close combat while gabriel only has travel speed as highi hypersonic, in close combat she never showed or implied such speeds...
Yeah, it was base Accel. Law couldn't use Room on Doffy. He had like, a million chances to do it. Conqueror's Haki doesn't work like that. If it did, it wouldn't be allowed in Vs Battles because it would be just like soul crush with Bleach. BB's negation would not work on Gabriel even with verses equalized because Gabriel doesn't use Devil Fruits. Gabriel was keeping up with both Fuse=Kazakiri and Accel, in melee. Also, even if she only had High Hypersonic travel speed, it would still be more than enough to dodge the ghosts just by flying around.

I agree with the conquer haki thing. It only works on those with weak willed. Gabriel is an Angel, conquer haki only works on fodder characters.

The Ghost thing just seems like it doesn't really make any sense. Negative hollow only works if the other person doesn't already have a negative perspective on things, but seeing as Gabriel is a transcendent being, she may not even have any emotions to begin with. Not to mention it didn't really work on a fodder character like Usopp. Besides all they really needed was some encouragement to let them wake up from their depression.

Even if one ghost hit and worked, the heat of the battle would encourage gabriel enough to stop being depressive. It seems way to much of a wild card for it to even work properly.

As for the door thing, well he needs a solid surface so supposing Gabriel is at ground level, she would likely still be at least a 20 or so meters in the air so she could fully utilize her wings. Air isn't exactly a flat surface, and his fruit can't actually kill anyone directly.

Okay maybe it was base accel lol, but I remembered angel accel appeared during WWI at some point. But that wasn't to fight Gabriel then. Probably to stop that telesma attack that would have destroyed Eurasia. Either way one piece doesn't have anyone like base form accelerator really.

NotEvenHuman said:
Yeah, it was base Accel. Law couldn't use Room on Doffy. He had like, a million chances to do it. Conqueror's Haki doesn't work like that. If it did, it wouldn't be allowed in Vs Battles because it would be just like soul crush with Bleach. BB's negation would not work on Gabriel even with verses equalized because Gabriel doesn't use Devil Fruits. Gabriel was keeping up with both Fuse=Kazakiri and Accel, in melee. Also, even if she only had High Hypersonic travel speed, it would still be more than enough to dodge the ghosts just by flying around.
thanks. doffy dodged even if law tried to hit him, doffy didnt tank his attacks, gabriel never showed close combat movement at the speeds necessary to dodge like doffy. it works, people with weak will will be KOed (or maybe even killed if the power is to big). i dont want to go at this again, read from the beginning, somewhere int he first 20 or so posts i explained why BB can negate supernatural stuff of other verses even if in his verse he can only negate DF-powers. gabriel was spamming attacks and with fuse-kazakiri they went "hit - fly away - accelerate - hit again", nothing suggested close high speed combat (they couldnt even react to a casual acceleraotr jumping between the two). but it would make it harder for her to attack.

^the key word is "will", if you see gabriel as particular "strong willed" than maybe it wouldnt work, but this is for each to decide on his own

it works for a short amount of time if it isnt use repeatedly, in gabriels case it would mean that once she is caught she would be emo, than again and again, this would pretty much seal the deal

bruno (finally got his name) isnt fighting alone, he uses his dimension hopping and allows all useful chars to get close to gabriel

yeah, it was with the telesma bomb, and for the other thing: i always likened bartolomeos and shikis powers with acelerators, bart has invisible kind-of-reflective barrier and shiki was controlling everything he touched ^_^

Gabriel has too many advantages for the OP-verse to win this, even without Astro Hand. I'll repeat some of DontTalk points here, but that's because of how obvious they are so I have to agree with him.

1: Gabriel's regen means that nobody in OP so far can actually kill it, so they are pretty screwed from the start except for a really hax power like Sugar's that could bring it down, and that's making the huge assumption that it would work on an entity like Gabriel.

2. Gabriel is a messenger angel, that means no enemy fighting him can use supernatural senses, sixth senses, intuition, precognition, etc... Basically, Gabriel shuts down sixth senses and forces the enemy to fight using only the five natural senses. This means no Observation Haki for anyone, so all the OP characters using it take a hit to their reaction speeds and are more easily killed by sudden and surprise attacks.

3. Flight. Just by flying several thousands meters into the air Gabriel is out of reach for most OP characters.

4. Water/Ice manipulation not only means that Aokiji is going to be kind of useless in this fight, it also means (like DontTalk said) that Gabriel can just sink the island into the ocean and take down almost all characters, especially Devil Fruit users. It's also likely the ocean water will allow him to bypass Logia intangibility. Gabriel can also absorb water to speed up his regen and to grow stronger. And the OP-world has a lot of water for it to take in.

So OP's only chance at this would be the hax of a character like Sugar, who will most likely be one of the first to die once Gabriel starts blasting down the island from the air, killing several OP characters with each blast. Also, even if Gabriel doesn't sink the island into the ocean with his water manipulation, the island is not going to be standing there for too long once it starts blasting it. The island is going to be destroyed eventually, so all surviving OP characters are going to fall into the ocean and unless they are fishmen without Devil Fruits, drown.

My vote goes to Gabriel for the previous reasons.

Gabriel-6 votes

One piece 1-vote (this is not really certain a vote, more like they have a chance of wining but not guaranteed)

This is gabriel without astro in hand, so no 4-C attacks.

I believe this thread is a Stomp. I mean, Gabriel has almost ALL to his advantage (Except AP/DC)

^She was lower in speed too. She was fightning a lot of characters. Some characters are rated the same tier as her or even above.

Aurasuke said:
Some characters are rated the same tier as her or even above.
And?

• Gabriel's regen means that nobody in OP so far can actually kill it.
  • No enemy fighting him can use supernatural senses, sixth senses, intuition, precognition.
  • Gabriel can just sink the island into the ocean and take down almost all characters, especially Devil Fruit users.
This like making a Vs. Thread with an Edo Tensei (Naruto Shippuden) Against an enemy that doesn't know any seal or something like that and the requirement to win is via Death. It's entirely on one side

Which rules are you refering to specifically? I already told Ant I wasn't going to make any more threads about tier 1/0.

Which rules are you refering to specifically?

You even don't read wiki rules? Sigh... I should ban you without any notice.

Base Accelerator against possible MFTL+ isn't spite?

No. This thread has 2 variantes - with speed equals and without speed equals. With speed equals Accelerator wins.

Aurasuke

You:

- make pointless threads (0/1 tiers)

- make a lot of spite vs threads

- make speculation calcs just because you hate one character and like his opponent

I think your ban is good for this wiki.

A6colute said:
AurasukeYou:

- make a lot of spite vs threads

- make speculation calcs just because you hate one character and like his opponent

I think your ban is good for this wiki.

Pointless? I disagree with the word pointless. People used to think that tier 0 always defeated any other tier. However it was calrified that Tier high 1-A and tier 0 are pratically equal in other verses.

Also the definition of what is required for a High tier 1-A wasn't that it was infinite degrees above normal 1-A but rather a very close degree to tier 0 of that verse.

Basically while people did take time to respond to it it wasn't pointless. It was a thread to help clarify the misconceptions of omnipotence and tier 0.

-Spite threads?

Most of my threads are unconcluded. Even in this thread some people were unconvinced. Just because one character is more favorable doesn't make it spite. In the sea of probability One Piece has chances of wining.

-Calculation

DontTalk made that last calculation not me his was similar to mine. Anyway I'm just going to drop this not gettin anywhere.

Base Accelerator against possible MFTL+ isn't spite?

No. This thread has 2 variantes - with speed equals and without speed equals. With speed equals Accelerator wins.

Didn't she have a time stop or something? Also you can't add a victory to someone's page with speed equalized, it's like saying Accelerator vs Flash, speed equalized. Basically you take away their only advantage.

I've actually read through the rules and I haven't done been rude or offensive to you in any manner.

why did others have so many replies?

Because they don't know Index?

I know Index a bit. And I know, that it's a stomp and spite thread.

I linked her profile. It has more details than what I know about Gabriel, and I've read all novels including new testament 14. BTW you seem to misunderstanding about something. I don't hate one piece, I think that it's actually better than most other shows (to be honest it in my opinion it was better than something like dragon ball z in some ways, at least people who died didn't just get wished back to life).

I've also watched One Piece and read the Manga.

The massive speed difference and attack potency between Gabriel and One Piece is why I made this thread. Should I have put in a character like Misaka instead? Then it would be a stomp but in the other direction. One piece has advantages such as speed and AP to most of Toaru characters. Gabriel may be strong but she isn't invincible.

She may be immortal but she was summoned to this realm. At the end of the world war III arc, Gabriel returned to heaven, she was never killed but still defeated. I would have accepted that as a valid answer as well for beaing Gabriel, I never said to kill an immortal. If One Piece characters had enough AP and speed in order to attack Gabriel and damage her enough like what Touma did then it would be there win. It's against an entire verse not just one character so I don't see how you would think this is a stomp simply because more people voted for her.

A6colute said:
why did others have so many replies?

I know Index a bit. And I know, that it's a stomp and spite thread.
Think you're going a little too hard on the newbie...

A6colute said:
i know a lot about index, while i agree that gabriel wins i dont think his is a stomp threat, i gave several combinations of DF-users who could take down gabriel :I

either way, this threat should be closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back