• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Because I'm bored and it has been a while since I created a versus.

Speed equalized.

7-C versions.

Takes place on Soul Society (but I think Gajeel's senses would counter invisibility anyway).

Gajeel Redfox

Renji Abarai

Renji Abarai render by animesennin
Gajeel

What did Zabimaru do to deserve this? ovo Anyway, might wanna put this in Soul Society or else Gajeel won't be able to see Renji.

All residents of Soul Society are Souls, in fact you have to be a Soul to go to SS. So for the match Gajeel would count as a Soul. That said.

Gajeel can quite literally eat Zabimaru in Shikai but Renji has the AP advantage due to being => 61 Kilotons. And even higher in Bankai which has no metal for Gajeel to eat. Gajeel wouldn't be able to eat Kido, as DS get sick when not eating their own element or another DS(Renji is ass at it anyway, only able to do Shakkaho competently in continuity)

It seems like you very much can. That said, even if Gajeel manages to nom and break Zabimaru (I doubt this will happen so easily), Renji can just Higa Zekko for an omni degree attack and just spam Shakkaho afterwards from the sky, shunpo letting him dodge any roars or demon logs that get sent his way.

AnonymousBlank said:
It seems like you very much can.
Wasn't there a whole issue with this and Bleach matches where people kept saying "(Insert character) is can see and interact with (Insert Bleach Character)"? Why is giving people NPI a thing?

@Calaca

Yeah for Renji. And Souls in Bleach weren't accepted to be intangible, just invisible and able to touch intangible objects.

@Dragon

I see where you are coming from but based on the settings of the fight, Gajeel gets it as a by product which I don't personally mind as they at least take the effort to explain why so and so are a thing. My problem arises when people just default to nerfing a character as a standard. If how I see it is wrong, then we can just close this due to stomp.

@Hst

Souls actually were given intangibility. Its just that since stronger souls lose it due to being so powerful, most characters don't get it. I'd argue that Lieutenant level could possibly still have it.

@Calaca

If this is fair, then I vote for Renji for my reasons.

You haven't explained your argument which doesn't hold water to begin with.

I sincerly doubt Gajeel could eat Zabimaru to whoever says that

Renji can attack the soul and has a higher AP, plus he can keep Gajeel away with Zabimaru which means Gajeel can't get close, so Renji takes it

AnonymousBlank said:
@Dragon

I see where you are coming from but based on the settings of the fight, Gajeel gets it as a by product which I don't personally mind as they at least take the effort to explain why so and so are a thing. My problem arises when people just default to nerfing a character as a standard. If how I see it is wrong, then we can just close this due to stomp.
Does this mean I could put a character against a Logia user but make the setting One Piece and give the character Haki to be able to touch the Logia?

I dunno about One Piece so I can't really speak to just giving people haki. My point was just that since its in SS, Gajeel has to be a soul which also gives him the abilities to interact with Renji.

That being said, what exactly does Gajeel have in this fight aside from range? Renji has everything else and Gajeel goes for cqc removing the one advantage he has.

Okay, what if I put (Insert character) vs Sirzechs Lucifer (someone with passive EE) in a void? Since to fight in a void you would need to resist EE, does that mean I can give (Insert character) resistance to EE that way and make the match not a passive stomp?

Not really. That'd put X character into a battlefield he isn't familiar with and'd get instantly erased.

I think that this case is different because you can interact with a Shinigami in Soul Society even if you don't have the regular abilities you'd need to do so. That's a characteristic of the SS.

Eh, I disagree. There's never been a case of a human with no spiritual abilities being in the soul society. It was a big plot point that Chad was developing spiritual powers and his progression of not being able to see Hollows to being able to see them. This is a type of fallacy but I can't remember the name. "Everyone that's been in Soul Society was able to interact with Shinigami therefore everyone in general can interact with Shinigami while in Soul Society."

DragonEmperor23 said:
Eh, I disagree. There's never been a case of a human with no spiritual abilities being in the soul society. It was a big plot point that Chad was developing spiritual powers and his progression of not being able to see Hollows to being able to see them. This is a type of fallacy but I can't remember the name. "Everyone that's been in Soul Society was able to interact with Shinigami therefore everyone in general can interact with Shinigami while in Soul Society."
All of The Residents of Karakura Town were in Soul Society During the Fake Karakura Town Arc. We even see some random dude be able to perfectly register Aizen and Gin (Before he dies on the spot due to Reiatsu Crush GG).

Back