• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gal vs. Marco Vega

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Battlefield 8
The darkness within the white-robed Energeia user is taken for The Bearer of the Sun Stone as indicative of a Husk, as he wanders the magma-soaked ruins of a castle wall apparently separated from any traveling companions: and so, a fight is instigated.

Beginning of Castle Chaos Gal and Middle-of-Series Marco are being used. Speed is Equalized, and starting distance is at 100 meters on opposite ends of the stretch of rubble akin to the one pictured, but SBA otherwise applies.

How does this bout go? State your reasoning, be civil, etc.

• Gal:
  • Marco Vega:

Shame that they have High 6-C keys but Gal would AP stomp to oblivion if they were used

Both of them get stronger in the fight with refinement and atuning the sun stone, so they'd have to overcome each other otherwise

That said Marco's page doesn't really even give details about how he fights, which is a shame because now i dunno if I can flex on grappling tactics with Class T vs Class M

Gal generally just sits still and fires lasers, if the opponent get close for themselves he'll enter melee. That said I don't remember how speed is treated by SBA, because in Canon Sirus sorcery is really hard to dodged due to it being the speed of light, and at this level, even Donavan had to just read ahead of time where Gal was shooting it, only to get hit when it was bended back onto them

Ah I suppose I never did elaborate on his actual fighting style did I? He's a bit of a rushdown fighter, and his style resembles kickboxing. He uses his smaller stature to his advantage.

I think back then, people usually kept the speed of their attacks in speed equal if it was different from their own.

Aka Gal would be equalized, while Sirius Laseray Sorcery would still be SoL. I'm not sure if things changed since then, though. So I won't say for certain on that front.

Marco's Pseudo-Flight give him an edge in mobility, but it's not something Gal isn't able to fight as he showed that even in the fight against Svectral, where she was flying around at high speeds *and* mixing it with Vector Sorcery to get the beams out but Gal kept bending them back with Gravity mid-trajectory to tag her until she bended them in Laz' face as a last resort. Thus he can deal with that stuff.

There's the lifting strength for what DMUA mentioned...

Being an adventurer in this setting, where Flora users can also absorb Light and Sunlight to varying extents and sustenance, I think his sensing would catch-up relatively fast to the Sun Stone (which is listed to have power of its own) and that there's a kind of similar thing going on with it.

I'm not sure if he would actually have plans on destroying the stone, keep his focus on Marco or try both at this point.

Skill-wise, Gal should not be lower (or anywhere near for that matter) Beginner Class adventurers, who can usually fight martial arts masters, samurais/master swordsmen or ninjas on even grounds and match their skills by default (Martial Artist, Samurai/Master Bladers, Archers and Ninjas are all classes that by the time they are actually accepted as adventurers, can do pretty nifty stuff like making arrows bounce off multiple times from pretty much any kind of surface (Archer), cutting stuff that's not quite within their sword range by skill alone --- aka cutting stuff in a manner such that a 'distortion' from the blade swing can be focused to cut something as small as a falling leaf in the limits of their eye-sight), Shintokei, fighting multiple opponents/monsters at once if they are even in power but not as skilled and such things.

With this in mind I'm leaning to vote Gal atm, all things considered. A pretty straightforward match, but interesting!

Eh, I dunno so much about the skill part

Gal was mostly just naturally really strong with Energeia, hand to hand he's not very skilled. It's apart of his whole motif of his internal weakness

But he generally does know hand to hand in a basic manner

He kind of matched Donovan one on one, saw through his punch and reacted with the light heart thingie and such. Also for better or worse he was fighting Alhazred Unit members who should all have good years of experience doing nothing but fighting and whatnot.

Donovan is actually pretty skilled, himself... Which would be a lot easier to exemplify if Donovan had more of an active role in Arc 1 as opposed to being more sequel hook.

I'm not really sure it takes much skill to see someone shoving their hand full of energeia into your heart

Donovan had pretty higher speed than Gal unless I'm mistaking his stats between arc 1 and 2 in which case silly is me, probably yes. Also even if we disregarded that, doesn't Gal theoretically have some manner of access to the Mad Dog's experience, since he tends to say "hello" at particularly tight spots (like near end of the Svectral battle)?

The speed gap wasn't big enough that Gal would need a specific amount of skill to essentially light himself on fire from my memory

Gal prefers to like, not abuse that and basically has a panic attack whenever that type of thing happens, so

He still is pretty skilled with being the Avatar Light Bending. Otherwise he would not manage to keep tagging Svectral when she was both flying around at high speeds and redirecting his attacks away herself.

Given how control of Energeia influences a lot of his powers, achieving precision like that is a feat that speaks for skill in itself, truth be told.

Mainly because the recquirement for a Light User usually is "Learn Laseray" as opposed to "Learn Laseray in a way such that you can keep 'manually' bending light beams through the use of Gravity in just the right ways that the otherwie straightforward beams shot keep tagging a fast moving target that is also bending them away while dodging.".

Yeah, but more to the original point, that doesn't translate to hand to hand ability

...I mean, I wasn't speaking hand to hand or CQC tbh as I was speaking more of overall skill in combat. Otherwise I wouldn't even have mentioned stuff like Archers making arrows bounce off multiple times over.

Back