• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

game mechanics arguments

I kinda have a problem with how game mechanics are treated by the wiki. I understand that game mechanics are not very reliable in a lot of instances for power scaling, especially since a lot of games end up contradicting them, but I feel like they are overgeneralized and they should be used depending on the case by case scenario.
There are many games which simply have no real plot or lore, and all we have is gameplay. In a situation like that, there is nothing that can actually contradict the gameplay for it to be flawed in the first place.

Game mechanics should really be taken similarly to statements, where if it is contradictory, vague, untrustworthy, or insufficient in any way it wouldn't be considered, but if not, it would be accepted as valid evidence. if A can damage B who is insert tier here level, but it didn't "happen in the plot", it shouldn't just be disregarded, since it's not contradictory unless proven to be.

I kinda have a problem with how game mechanics are treated by the wiki. I understand that game mechanics are not very reliable in a lot of instances for power scaling, especially since a lot of games end up contradicting them, but I feel like they are overgeneralized and they should be used depending on the case by case scenario.
There are many games which simply have no real plot or lore, and all we have is gameplay. In a situation like that, there is nothing that can actually contradict the gameplay for it to be flawed in the first place.

Game mechanics should really be taken similarly to statements, where if it is contradictory, vague, untrustworthy, or insufficient in any way it wouldn't be considered, but if not, it would be accepted as valid evidence. if A can damage B who is insert tier here level, but it didn't "happen in the plot", it shouldn't just be disregarded, since it's not contradictory unless proven to be.
1. Game mechanics are not trust worthy via them not being able to showcase the real power scalin, as a lot of game developers have said on interviews.

2. Game mechanics are really contradictory to lore

3. When there is no lore on a game the cutscene is taken above the mechanics if they showcase a power/ability etc.

4. In case where there is no lore or cutscene showing powers and abilities and nothing contradicts the mechanics then u can use them

1. Game mechanics are not trust worthy via them not being able to showcase the real power scalin, as a lot of game developers have said on interviews.

2. Game mechanics are really contradictory to lore
If there is lots of prexisting power scaling then game mechanics aren’t needed in that situation which is usually the only reason why a developer would ever bring that up
Also them being contradictory to lore does not apply all the time, and I already mentioned this reasoning in the original post
3. When there is no lore on a game the cutscene is taken above the mechanics if they showcase a power/ability etc.

4. In case where there is no lore or cutscene showing powers and abilities and nothing contradicts the mechanics then u can use them
There exist games with very few to none of those cutscenes, which is the main target of what I’m saying. But even if there are some cutscenes in said game, that doesn’t mean game mechanics should be tossed out the window. Instead, they should simply be both used, unless proven contradictory, or proven unreliable
But if you can’t prove they are, then there is no reason to dismiss it since it it is a measurement of power regardless
Also I’m pretty sure the wiki never uses game mechanics regardless of the circumstances.

Back