• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garlic Jr revisions

For his keys, it should be specified that he did not actually get stronger himself in the GJ Saga, he only got that powerful specifically because of the Makyo Star. His Size Manipulation should give him sealing as well, since he captured Kami and Popo in bottles. He should have type 4 immortality removed and get type 2 put in, since the meaning of type 4 has changed and he could still live with a hole in his stomach before his regen kicked in. It should be noted for his later keys that if the Makyo Star is destroyed, his power will drop back to where it was in the film. It was also shown in the GJ Saga that the muscle mass of his transformed state slowed him down somewhat. Finally, his intelligence section should be revised, as he proved very foolish on occasions. He tried to have Piccolo killed THAN use the Dragon Balls in the film, and in the GJ Saga, he was shown to be incapable of learning from his mistakes, as he reopened the Dead Zone despite it being the very thing that led to his defeat in the film, and it consequently ends up resulting in his defeat yet again.

You can ask a few staff members listed in the Dragon Ball verse page to comment here if you wish.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
He already has 3. And 1.
His Size Manipulation should give him sealing as well, since he captured Kami and Popo in bottles

• Can you post the evidence?
Everything else looks fine.

I think Above Average intelligence can work. In any case, can the evidence for sealing be linked?

He led his first batch of minions and had them acquire the Dragon Balls so he could wish for immortality (up until DBS, he was the only villain to have done so, succeeding where Nappa, Vegeta, Frieza, and that gangster from the Cell Saga filler would fail). He also knew how to open the Dead Zone, something even beings far stronger than him couldn't do due to lack of knowledge of it even existing. He was also quick to realize that Gohan had more potential than him and decided to mold him into an apprentice. He also led his second batch of minions in taking over the Lookout and infecting Earth with the Black Water Mist. He kept Kami and Popo alive so he could both use them as hostages and also keep the Dragon Balls active so he could use them to revive his father.

However, for all of this, he is best remembered as being an idiot for two reasons: First, during the movie, he tried to have Piccolo killed and than use the Dragon Balls after, despite the fact that (as revealed in his filler saga) he is fully aware of the fact that Kami and Piccolo are life-linked and if one of them dies, the Dragon Balls can no longer be used (Team FourStar made fun of this act of stupidity here). Second, despite the fact that he gained immortality and could win his battles through sheer attrition, in the movie, he foolishly tried to seal the heroes in the Dead Zone rather than continue fighting until they tired out, which backfired when he ended up being sealed in there himself. During his filler saga, he was shown to have not learned from this mistake, as he again tried to use the Dead Zone on the heroes despite what happened last time. He ended up being knocked back in there again just like last time. Because of these acts, he is shown to be rather foolish and forgetful, as well as being incapable of learning from his mistakes, which I believe should be mentioned in his intelligence section. I also question why he even felt the need to brainwash the Earthlings with his mist when he could have simply enslaved them naturally with his overwhelming power just like King Piccolo did.

Okay. Thank you for the explanation. So what intelligence rating should he have, and would you be willing to apply it, if I give you temporary editing rights?

Sorry. I have been very busy off site. Anyway, I have proof of Sealing because that's how his [Sealed Light Beam] works; it shrinks the target down and contains them in a sphere (which is actually listed on here as forcefield creation, even though capturing your opponents in spheres is not forcefield creation).

As for intelligence, I would say above average and list his feats for it but also note his two major acts of stupidity as signs that he can be reckless and prone to making poor choices and failing to learn from his mistakes.

Okay. That is probably fine.

Should I give you editing rights so you can apply what has been accepted here?

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. Should I close this thread?

I don't know yet. We still have quite a lot or bugs to fix and settings to adjust until we can send out invitations.

Can I still have the ability to make edits to less "restricted" pages? They were all locked recently because we are preparing for the migration, so only certain editors are able to edit any pages at all. There are still some other pages out there that need some tweaks that I am aware of, and these bugs could take a while.

It depends on what you wish to do. If you only want to fix smally spelling and structure errors that might be one thing, but overall only the most trusted members who have something important to handle should have editing rights for a while, as it would take far too much time to manage if we started to open up the wiki at this point.

Mostly small things. A few characters are missing one or two simple things such as stamina feats. Anything bigger than spelling, structure, or an intelligence or stamina feat, I would start a discussion thread for.

Okay. I suppose that I can return your editing rights them, but it will have to be treated as an exception, not as a rule.

Back