• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Luffy (Post-Haōshoku Advancement and has access to Gear 5) vs Kaido (no restrictions)
-Both start in base.
-Knowledge of each other gained during their canon fight is restricted.
-Battle takes place on a grounded Onigashima.

One of the criticisms about Kaido during his fight was that he was attacked by multiple people, was holding up Onigashima most of the time, and Luffy was able to rest and recover between the times he lost. Would he would have been able to beat Kaido 1v1 if he had Gear 5 from the start and Kaido only had to focus of fighting him?

Kaidou was matching Luffy, Luffy and him tied in the end. This is not good news for Luffy.
Adding to that, we saw in Luffy’s fight with Lucci that Gear 5’s stamina consumption is atrocious (if he was reduced to that state in the middle of the fight, he would have lost).

Would the magma chamber still be nearby for the Bajrang Gun to inadvertently push Kaido into? The distances and sizes in the arc get kinda confusing, so it could be miles away due to Onigashima flying.

Both Kaido and Luffy were fatigued to an extent. Luffy would win again with Gear 5 Bajrang Gun
Bajrang Gun finished Kaido off, but would it one-shot him without all of the accumulated damage from the night? Kaido might be weaker than Gear 5 Luffy and not be able to damage him, but he still has a massive edge in endurance and stamina. Even though Kaido’s drunken form had stronger Haki, he still doesn’t have a healing factor to repair all of that damage. Luffy only has a few minutes to beat Kaido before he shrivels up like he did after his fight against Lucci.

Kaido isn't drunk and holding up all of Onigashima with his fire while fighting.
Luffy isn't taking multiple breaks after getting exhausted from using Gear 4 or 5

Voting Kaido I guess. Luffy's only win condition is destroying his internal organs maybe

Luffy wins because even if Kaido kills him, he will come back. There's still the factor of him becoming even stronger in the fight while laughing. It would be an extreme fight but Luffy would win.

Kaido takes this FRA, would depend on if kaido takes it seriously from the start using all forms of advanced Haki, or if Luffy can take him down during his limited time in G5 seeing as this is a well-rested and no-restriction kaido.

Luffy wins because even if Kaido kills him, he will come back. There's still the factor of him becoming even stronger in the fight while laughing. It would be an extreme fight but Luffy would win.
How many times can Luffy come back and how much stronger does he get with each laugh? With the stamina drain, Kaido could just throw him into the water once the assault is over and Luffy is exhausted. It doesn’t matter if he can come back to life if he immediately drowns again.

Kaido (despite being helped by Big Mom) was also briefly fighting Law, Kidd and Zoro as well. He did all of that while simultaneously holding up all of Onigashima. Even after Luffy got Gear 5, he still gave him a pretty tough time. So if Kaido's not multitasking or being drunk, I think he can beat Gear 5 Luffy by himself

Kaido takes this FRA, would depend on if kaido takes it seriously from the start using all forms of advanced Haki, or if Luffy can take him down during his limited time in G5 seeing as this is a well-rested and no-restriction kaido.
I somewhat agree with what you said, Gear 5 has a limited time to beat Kaido. But if Gear 5 Luffy is also ahead of AP thanks to Bajrang Gun. We saw that Gomu Gomu No mi took almost no damage from Kaido thanks to his abilities. I think Gear 5 Luffy will use his AP superiority and devil fruit superiority. Luffy FRA.

How many times can Luffy come back and how much stronger does he get with each laugh? With the stamina drain, Kaido could just throw him into the water once the assault is over and Luffy is exhausted. It doesn’t matter if he can come back to life if he immediately drowns again.
As many times as necessary, the Drums of Liberation work regardless of Luffy activates them or not. Unless Kaido destroys Luffy's heart, he would be coming back to life immediately, as many times as it takes to kill Kaido.

Kaido doesn't have a way to bypass Luffy's durability, so it's very unlikely that he can even hurt Gear 5 without using a massive amount of Advanced Haoshoku.

As for Gear 5's power increase, it doesn't really matter what amount its power is increased by, once it is increased consecutively it would be enough to completely overwhelm Kaido overtime (Add that to Luffy's RPL, which by feats is better than Kaido's).

You guys act like the fact that Kaido was holding an island taked any effort or was nerfing him, something that was never even said in the manga. Kaido's clouds likely have the ability to levitate and don't require any concentration of power from him.

Btw, recent chapters show that a stronger Haki user can nullify the effects of a DF from a weaker haki user, if Kaido was turned into rubber by Luffy over and over again during their fight at Onigashima, it can only logically mean that his haki is inferior to Gear Fifith's haki. Luffy would be negating Kaido's durability with any attack here and he wouldn't be able to do anything.

Luffy was fighting Kaido with Zoro, Law and Kidd. Despite that, he had to take multiple breaks and even with Gear 5 Kaido was still landing numerous slashing attacks on him. Luffy felt tired from using Gear 5, then had to push past his limits just to back to matching Kaido again. So I think that if Kaido's fully rested from the start with no other distractions, he'd definitely be able to knock Luffy out but instantly pass out afterwards. So I'm leaning towards Kaido but switching my vote to Inconclusive for now

idk, luffy FRA sounds reasonable

EDIT: Kaidou still scales from G5, according to his profile, so this shouldn't be a stomp.

Last edited:
Alright well I'm keeping my vote as Inconclusive since I could see Luffy beating Kaido but instantly passing out afterwards due to the strain from Gear 5

I definitely vote for Kaido. There are expressions that say Kaido will win in one-on-one, even the tired Kaido was able to dominate Gear 5 and we saw how quickly Gear 5's stamina drained in the Kizaru battle. It would be logical to assume that Luffy won with his giant punch, but Kaido responded to this attack willingly and was very tired when it happened.

I think Kaido will win. Luffy gets stronger when he laughs in his Gear5 form. Even as Luffy is getting stronger all the time, he is paired with Kaido, and the Kaido he is paired with here is both tired because he fought Luffy before and also has the damage he received before. So Gear5 Luffy did not fight FP Kaido. Likewise, Luffy was reborn with gear5. He does not have the previous injuries and fatigue. Also, if I remember correctly, at the end, Kaido waited for Luffy to switch to Gear5 again. If he wanted, he could have killed the defenseless Luffy that emerged as a result of Gear5, but he wanted to fight. Finally, when Luffy could not defeat non-FP Kaido despite Gear5, he used his Bajrang Gun ability and could only defeat non-FP Kaido.

I think Kaido will win. Luffy gets stronger when he laughs in his Gear5 form. Even as Luffy is getting stronger all the time, he is paired with Kaido, and the Kaido he is paired with here is both tired because he fought Luffy before and also has the damage he received before. So Gear5 Luffy did not fight FP Kaido. Likewise, Luffy was reborn with gear5. He does not have the previous injuries and fatigue. Also, if I remember correctly, at the end, Kaido waited for Luffy to switch to Gear5 again. If he wanted, he could have killed the defenseless Luffy that emerged as a result of Gear5, but he wanted to fight. Finally, when Luffy could not defeat non-FP Kaido despite Gear5, he used his Bajrang Gun ability and could only defeat non-FP Kaido.
kaido fra

I'll also vote for Kaido since he was dealing with a lot of injuries piling up from his previous battles. Furthermore, the battle with Kizaru showed again how the stamina drain for G5 Luffy can be rather problematic and take some time to recover from. Luffy probably wouldn't get the chance to use his Bajirang Gun if Kaido was at full form.

Luffy doesn’t stand a chance against a healthy Kaido. He just wouldn’t last long enough even if he is stronger and has advanced armament

Exactly Kaido will beat Luffy
IMG_20240118_205117.jpg

By the way, for now I think Luffy will win. My thoughts on this subject have changed. I'll explain why I think Luffy will win when I have time.

Back