• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

That shit looks ass ngl. Like of all the people you could do an anime on, like Flash or Green Lantern, both of which would massively benefit from animation, we do another Batman property. Uuuuuuuggghhhhhhh
Batman sells the most and right now the Flash is perpetually stuck with Flashpoint adaptions.

Flash is perpetually stuck with Flashpoint adaptions.
crying.jpg

I think that DC Comics mostly has more sympathetic characters, whereas Marvel Comics often more reads like an amoral cosmic horror story.

The thing I hate the most on Batman adaptations, is how they erase every trace of personality the villains have thanks to their visual identity.

358478009_107907692363430_8073939749129874024_n.png
354063499_1454745171960672_996205702856396904_n.png

Most villains look extremely bland compared to their comic counterpart. That's the best part about Batman mythos imo, the villains and how they differentiate themselves by their look.

The thing I hate the most on Batman adaptations, is how they erase every trace of personality the villains have thanks to their visual identity.

Most villains look extremely bland compared to their comic counterpart. That's the best part about Batman mythos imo, the villains and how they differentiate themselves by their look.
I think it's because Batman is still unfortunately stuck in that era where they need to make everything more "realistic"

Hell, the reason that the Raimi Spider-Man movies are so beloved is that they don't shy away from what they're adapting

DC is miles behind in comics sales actually
That is true, but Marvel Comics is selling very badly nowadays as well. Manga is far more popular even in the U.S. as far as I have been informed.

Counting the sales throughout their entire existences since 1939 they rank among the very top sellers together with One Piece, but nowadays they do not sell well, and neither do other western superhero comic books.

The crazy thing is he said they always ahead. I wouldn't put DC ahead in either games or animated movies currently.

speaking of animated stuff My adventures with superman's first and second episode are out.

Marvel released Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Guardians Of The Galaxy games, they are all amazing.

We will get Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 this year and in 3-4 years the Wolverine game.

I don’t think DC is ahead in games anymore. Gotham Knights was awful.

Then thats proof comic fans have trash taste 😴
Top 50 Comic Books by Dollars – April 2023 (ComicHub, via ICv2)
RankTitlePublisherPrice
1Batman #134DC Comics$4.99
2Amazing Spider-Man #23Marvel Comics$3.99
There's still hope tho 🙈

The only hope is Batman #135 taking the 1. spot because it’s a celebration of Batman’s #900 issue, with huge crossover involving different Batmen such as The Dark Knight, Arkham, 66 series, TAS and such.

Hmm. Tom King is a part of the main writing team for the new DC Universe franchise, and his main characteristics as a writer so far has been to deconstruct, severely distort, mock, defile, undermine, and otherwise very subversively take all of the fun out of almost every entertainment property he touches, almost as if he is running a psy-op mission for his former employers at the CIA.
Jesse what the **** are you talking about

The only hope is Batman #135 taking the 1. spot because it’s a celebration of Batman’s #900 issue, with huge crossover involving different Batmen such as The Dark Knight, Arkham, 66 series, TAS and such.
it also has the return of the legendary Shark Repellent.

The crazy thing is he said they always ahead. I wouldn't put DC ahead in either games or animated movies currently.

speaking of animated stuff My adventures with superman's first and second episode are out.
just watched it pretty good. The animation style reminds me of wakfu. Slade looks more like an anime protagonist and i don`t complain.

Back