• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

https://vsbattles.com/threads/superboy-post-crisis-small-updates-dc.166733/#post-6546698 a few of us were discussing conner kent/kon-el superboy
i felt that it may be important to get more opinions on the matter
kon was unchanged by the new 52 and while the dc wiki speculates that new 52 superboy and post crisis superboy may have combined there has been 0 textual evidence to say so
I do not think he should get something thats based purely on speculation rather than facts said in text
and also
should post crisis superboys feats from recent titles be on his page or a new one ?
because current conner like i mentioned at the start
Was not changed by new 52

As of right now, his new feats are on his current page, but I do not know if that will change or not
yeah and i agree with them being there
since conner wasnt affected by flashpoint
post crisis conner has no reason to be moved to a different page
its just that other users thought he would need different stuff based simply upon another wikis speculation

That said, fan behaviour genuinely can get very toxic and intolerant, and I definitely dislike amoral power-madness, if that is all that Waid is aiming for. Our staff has at least tried our best to keep this community as well-behaved and considerate as possible though.
I have read Waid's latest issue of "World's Finest", and it seems like this is what he was mainly aiming for, which is perfectly fine, my remaining personal disapproval of Waid's "Irredeemable" and "Incorruptible" stories notwithstanding, and the initial "Annual" chapter of this story with the imps representing rowdy fans of various characters who keep fighting about which of them that is the "best", and Bat-Mite vainly trying to keep them somewhat in order, and Mxyzptlk rolling his eyes at the mess, was kind of funny. I think that it sort of reflects the goofy state of our community here. 😅

Of course the villain of the story, somebody who wants to be the "best", but cannot achieve it in the real world and as such turns his fictional input into an amoral power-fantasy, seems somewhat misaimed. Sure, you can put blame on the people being indoctrinated, but the much bigger problems are the people who perform the indoctrination, whether by writing stories with horribly amoral and morbid thematics and messaging, or by directly acting as outright malevolent media demogogues.

Then again, the villain does look similar to Nerdrotic, who actually has turned his fan toxicity into destructive media demagoguery, so he would combine both sides of the problem, in which case I really agree with Waid's assessment.

Last edited:
Also, another note that I have actually enjoyed much of Tom King's current Wonder Woman story, both in terms of thematics and characterisation.

I still strongly dislike what King did to the Wally West Flash and Booster Gold though, and have the impression that he may have deconstructed and mutilated Adam Strange, Mister Miracle, and possibly Batman, as well.

since its clear all history is canon again how exactly would that work (i aint doing all the stuff that makes her get a page as im more of a observer)
but would it be similar to character keys instead of separate pages ?

like if someone made a page would it be pre-flashpoint and post-flashpoint if there was a significant leap in power ? (i dont think she got much stronger im just wondering)

Are Batman characters actually Class M? Dick Grayson for example was able to hold up an Orca's jaws which translates to him holding up a pressure of 131000388.5708 N/m^2
How was that calc'd? Are we saying real life orcas have Class M jaws? That seems kind of ridiculous.

Well, an orca's jaws can apply a pressure of 19,000 PSI, which can be converted to the value above
I believe bite force isn't measured by the movement of the jaws, but by the force generated between the teeth and the measuring device. This distinction would change the feat I think. Calc group member could clarify there.

Well, an orca's jaws can apply a pressure of 19,000 PSI, which can be converted to the value above
I don't know how that conversion works, but there is no conceivable way for an animal that size to produce that much energy. Like, not even remotely close.
This article estimates the Orca's bite force in Newtons at 85k. It references other animals like the Australian saltwater crocodile at 12k newtons, the Great White at 18k Newtons, the T-Rex at 35k Newtons, and a Megalodon at 182k newtons.

This would make the Orca's bite at Class 10. Around 100x lower than Class M.

Because is not a measure of energy, but of pressure.
I understand. Hagane was proposing that it could be converted to "Class M" which is a measure of force. I imagine it might be something along the lines of calculating the full area of an Orca's mouth and multiplying the 19k value over that entire area, but I don't know the specifics. My main point was that this process leads to bad results.

I understand. Hagane was proposing that it could be converted to "Class M" which is a measure of force. I imagine it might be something along the lines of calculating the full area of an Orca's mouth and multiplying the 19k value over that entire area, but I don't know the specifics. My main point was that this process leads to bad results.
We use pressure for lifting strength.

Dick wouldn't scale anyway because he's not withstanding nor is he forcing open the teeth area (as bite force specifically measures the pressure generated by the masticatory muscles and not just the jaws), but holding open the entire mouth. Notable feat, definitely wouldn't be Class M.

We use pressure for lifting strength.
The Lifting Strength page references force, not force over area. "Lifting Strength measures the amount of mass they can lift, which is determined by the amount of force a character can produce." The table also references newtons, not PSI.

I agree Dick doesn't scale, but even if he did it would merely be Class 10. If academic resources characterize the force of an Orca bite at 85,000 N, but we instead try to calc from PSI and end up with a result 100x higher, whatever method we are using to convert PSI to force is extremely wrong.

The Lifting Strength page references force, not force over area. "Lifting Strength measures the amount of mass they can lift, which is determined by the amount of force a character can produce." The table also references newtons, not PSI.

I agree Dick doesn't scale, but even if he did it would merely be Class 10. If academic resources characterize the force of an Orca bite at 85,000 N, but we instead try to calc from PSI and end up with a result 100x higher, whatever method we are using to convert PSI to force is extremely wrong.
Ah, I see what your problem is. Hagane just converted PSI to newton/meters. He hasn't converted it to force.

Ahh, I see. Well that wouldn't convert to a lifting strength feat until we knew the force anyways. But since we do have the force we can just skip the calcing from PSI and go directly to what the force is.

If Dick had pried open the jaws by holding the Orca from the teeth, then we could measure the force he's exerting.

But that's not exactly what he's doing. He wouldn't even scale to the 83k newton afaik. Probably should ask a calc group member how to handle the feat there.

Are Batman characters actually Class M? Dick Grayson for example was able to hold up an Orca's jaws which translates to him holding up a pressure of 131000388.5708 N/m^2

Actually, looking at the scan again, what Dick did was simply hold on to the Orca while it lounged at him. Notice how next panel he's dangling to the side of its mouth, carried by the orca. There's no feat in the first place.

You can try using the "Brave" internet browser combined with Bitdefender or Avast Antivirus with the web browsing protection enabled and "read comics online . ru ".
I'm not sure if that would work or not, most programmers now are reccomending not to get any VPN, anti-virus, or security browser as they don't work anymore.

I was right. Got the pages before the "feat" and after. Dick was tied up and got dropped in the tank. He grabbed on to the orca to use its teeth to free himself.

I'm not sure if that would work or not, most programmers now are reccomending not to get any VPN, anti-virus, or security browser as they don't work anymore.
It seems very unwise to not get any protection whatsoever. I personally use all of those options in combination.

Can you guys take a look at this thread? It has been months since the first issue of flash 2023 comic released and no one is discussing about this even though it showed a lot of cosmology related contents.

Back