• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Light Novel Discussion Thread

If we go by being the first isekai, then we have to go centuries in the past and beyond Japan, Alice in Wonderland is an isekai for example, and The Divine Comedy would also count.

Nah, I am mainly sticking to more modern japanese stuff.

But if we really wanna get dumb and include historical stuff, Urashima Taro is the oldest I have any knowledge of and coming from the 8th Century.

Can’t believe y’all didn’t even mention InuYasha when you were talking about early isekais. Smh.

though I do find it funny how isekais switched from a primarily female demographic to a primarily male demographic.

Light novel for sure.

But feel free to check the manga after you reach the part of the Lght Novel where it stops.

The illustrations are nice, but I very much enjoy the manga's art and I fully believe it would give you an easier time visualizing and imagining stuff when described in the light novel after checking it.

Plus, then you can compare all the stuff skipped in the manga versus the Light Novel.

Should I read the manga of Mushoku Tensei first or go straight to the light novels?
I would recommend going straight to the web novel simply because that's the only finished one, both manga and translated light novel are up to like 1/4 of the whole story.

Are we gonna make any new profiles for the other characters? Cause we only have Rudeus so far. If anyone who's read the LN can give any notable feats, of course.

I saw that btw

Anyway, I recommend everyone reading Hakomari

Probably one of my first and personal favorite LN
The sypnopsis doesn't tell the whole story tho so don't get misleaded. It's a mystery genre
100% supporting that.

villainess level 99 shows the verse was capable of reaching 1 A or at least low 1 A. there's qualitative superiority

Back