• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Souls/Borne PC Revisions

Alright, part 2 of my overall revisions/cleanup for Dark Souls, including Bloodborne and Demon's Souls this time.

Resistances
All Player Characters (and enemies for that matter) in Souls/Borne games have resistance stats for various damage types that can be increased by leveling up and donning different armors. Each game has slightly different stats and will be deatailed below.

Demon's Souls
Stat reference used. It should be noted I have never played Demon's Souls, so it's possible I could misrepresent bit here and there.

Dark Souls 2
Stat reference used. I also haven't played DS2, but they mostly appear to be the same as DS1 with the Addition of an official Dark stat.

Dark Souls 3
Stat reference used. DS3 again has mostly the same stats as DS2, but with the addition of a Frost stat.

Bloodborne
Stat reference used.

• The Frenzy stat would grant Bloodborne PC Madness Resistance
  • Slow and Rapid Poison resistance is self-explanitory
  • Beasthood is considered a defensive stat, but I'm not sure what that equates to.
  • Standard Fire and Bolt resistance
  • Arcane would likely be a Magic resistance

Standard Equipment
Considering the massively customizable nature of these games, I think some consideration should be taken when determining what exatly is "Standard Equipment". I would propose that the starting armor, weapons and accessories would be the best fit since that would be the only equipment every player is assured to have. Everything else would count as optional equipment.

I need to not do these at two in the morning cause I forgot something.

Immortality Type 2 and Dimensional Travel

• All characters should get Type 2 for being able to get back up from general impailment and various types of normally leathal damage like gut and head shots
  • Any character with the usual Soulsborne multiplayer should get Dimensional Travel for traversing different worlds. I don't know if Demon's Souls would apply here.

Agreed. Beasthood should be resistance to madness manip and possibly transmutation, since Beasthood is caused much like Hollowing, where a person looses themselves and turn into beasts.

Luck is largely based on stats that can't reliably be increased elsewhere- you're lucky if you resist disease of plague, lucky if you hit arteries and thus deal more bleed damage and so on. I would say this qualifies for a very limited form of Supernatural Luck.

DS2 looks fine, self explanatory having played the game (it sucks)

Ditto for DS3 except it's super good

Bloodborne's magic is just kind of weird but yeah Magic resistance works. Note that most of these resistances only apply to shit like actual damage taken from it or prevention of it. For example, if a disease does affect them, it'll deal normal damage (as the resistance is overcome and Blight resistance doesn't nerf damage taken IIRC) and fire resistance won't prevent them from catching on fire, rather just lower the damage of it.

I'm fine with the Standard Equipment proposal, common sense.

I just realized that Bloodborne's summoning system is way more reliable than Dark Souls'. Finally, my level 270 Bloodborne character can join the fight.

There isn't really any higher authority you can take this to besides Weekly. But you can ask him if you wish.

Was that ever stated? Seems like straight up dimensional travel to me.

Yeah that's more like how Summons work in (oh my lord I will never stop using this comparison) in D&D. Once you die you just get sent home instead of actually dying.

I'm actually the highest authroity smh

I think Avatar Creation could explain a couple things but it's not really a perfect fit.

Anyway Imma just go add the changes now.

Well, to take the White Sign Soapstone as an example, it reads: "Be summoned to another world as a phantom"

I kind of assumed, from that, that the emphasis was on being a phantom rather than the original body. That and how summons die while the (NPC) character is fine, but not the other way around (see Solaire).

My point isn't that invading isn't dimensional travel, but that it's both dimensional travel and avatar creation.

That really isn't substantial enough for Avatar Creation, I think.

DS2 protag sucks because its from DS2, simple.

just my dog and half-sister

I'm going to be contentious for a moment and say that DS2 is, in theory, my favourite of the Dark Souls games and the one I want to like the most. That said, while I still think its good (most of my like for it is for its story (not lore)), the gameplay and atmosphere for me just isn't on par with the other games and I can't help but feel a little down at that.

Ok, just saw the edit done to the Hunter profile and the "possibly Transmutation" part probably needs an explanation because, on its own, I had no idea where that came from until I checked the thread again.

Alright, finally finished adding everything. Next up, fixing up DS2's protag cause I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be that baren.

Also side note: DS2's deprived is hardcore. It actually starts with nothing. Not shitty nothing, actually nothing.

Back